hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I adore 70's punk rock, if you remember my avatar when first joining the forum was this:
37s9G.jpg

I do think I was around for that avatar. I'm a fan of punk rock new and old. I'd have to say my favorite would be early 80s punk when it turned more hardcore but I like it all. From the Clash and the Ramones, to DK and Black Flag, and even now Bad Religion and NOFX

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I do think I was around for that avatar. I'm a fan of punk rock new and old. I'd have to say my favorite would be early 80s punk when it turned more hardcore but I like it all. From the Clash and the Ramones, to DK and Black Flag, and even now Bad Religion and NOFX
I like the sort of punk that is trashy, rebellious, in your face, and bordering on artistic crassness, .. I remember the feeling of that generation, youth unemployment was at an all time high, there was a puritanical undercurrent through media censorship (the mary whitehouse years) I was slightly young for it but was always way advanced in my years (I could read and write at 3) so I picked up on the vibe, it never left me and ever since I have been sticking my fingers up at the system.
Anyway, this is what gets me pogoing.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Samaras

Tim Samaras, an engineer and storm chaser, along with his son and another member of his team died in a tornado near El Reno, Oklahoma. He chased the storms to deploy probes (which he made) to record information from the inside of tornadoes.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Kind of like in the movie "Twisters"?

Yes, in fact Tim was actually also on a show called Storm Chasers for a while, along with two other teams: One going for Imax film footage and another guy who also sends probes up as well as drives inside the tornado to record the footage (he and the Imax guy basically drive tanks).

If you wanna look them up, names are Sean Cassey (imax guy) and Reed Timmer.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yes, in fact Tim was actually also on a show called Storm Chasers for a while, along with two other teams: One going for Imax film footage and another guy who also sends probes up as well as drives inside the tornado to record the footage (he and the Imax guy basically drive tanks).

If you wanna look them up, names are Sean Cassey (imax guy) and Reed Timmer.

I know the show. It's one of my favorites.

Reactions: Da_Jinks

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Never really liked Sex Pistols - just some songs. I had been, however, a big fan of The Exploited for some time.
Expoited are ok, a little hardcore for me. punks not dead is almost a punk anthem and the slogan has been daubed round the UK more times than I care to imagine.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Expoited are ok, a little hardcore for me. punks not dead is almost a punk anthem and the slogan has been daubed round the UK more times than I care to imagine.

Does he speak English? Or Irish/Scottish English is not actually English?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Does he speak English? Or Irish/Scottish English is not actually English?
Lol, yeah the language is English, but his accent is really thick Scottish, really hard for me to understand some of what he says. plus, there's local dialect in there which makes it even harder to decipher.