Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
There are around 5 levels of vests. Ceramic and metal plates can be used additionally to protect against high velocity rifle rounds. The lowest 3 tiers of vests are just Kevlar woven fibers. the mid range level 3 armor without a plate will stop up to around a .357 round or a .44. I'd really not like to find out personally either way.

I've spoken to Marines that got shot while overseas, they say that getting hit in their plates is like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. Thankfully I never experienced that while deployed. I have, however, had the opportunity to shoot at some plates myself and I can verify that those things seem to stop ANYTHING.

First few shots was with a rifled 12 gauge slug; the ceramic shatters but the kevlar fibers kept stopping the rounds. I unloaded 4 magazines of 9mm with 8 rounds in each magazine after that and I never was able to get a round to go all the way through. A 9mm round on an unshot plate was like shooting a BB gun at a brick wall.

I didn't have the plates in a carrier when I was shooting them so I imagine the stopping power is further increased when they are in the carrier since they would be held together better. Unfortunately, none of us had any 7.62, that was the test we were really interested in since all of the guys we were fighting overseas had AKs.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You actually paid?

Apple offers a one time refund for things like that. I was able to get the $105.00 refunded back, but the $40 worth of music stuck. I now have a complete Mumford and sons deluxe album, various bad pop songs and one rap song by a Mr. Ca$h Out which was promptly removed.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
http://gma.yahoo.com/margaret-thatcher--britain-s--iron-lady--prime-minister--dies-120034251.html

3q9gaz.jpg

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Always considered Volvo trucks to be the best:

I was always taught as a general rule of thumb, the bigger a vehicle is the better the brakes will be, therefore the shorter the stopping distance. That's why cyclist end up in the back of a lorry if riding the slipstream.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
"Imagine a soldier on a firebase in the mountains of Afghanistan. A squad is attacked by insurgents. The ammunition starts to run out. Is it worth waiting hours and risking the lives of helicopter pilots to drop it near you, or is it worth a more expensive system that can manufacture weapons and ammunition on the spot?" he said.
It's happening.
4CoKI3i.png

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Will be great times coming, imagine all those factory workers released from their daily grind, a new frontier of exploration into the arts, humanities. The end of the industrialised society - cant wait till we are free from the tyranny of the machines.

That imagery reminds me of this song.

Video was fanmade

Reactions: Void and Maddo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That imagery reminds me of this song.

Video was fanmade

Loving that track. the dead kennedys, from the 1985 album frankenchrist now there's a name I didn't think I would hear on this forum.
Yeah metropolis is such a poignant film, pretty much sums up where we are today in terms of layers of society. The clarity of his edit is amazing, the only versions I have seen of metropolis were really badly washed out, but it looks like he has done some wicked restoration on it. and yeah again, metropolis was the vision I had in my head when I made that comment, amazing that a 1927 movie is still a reference point to an ideology.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Loving that track. the dead kennedys, from the 1985 album frankenchrist now there's a name I didn't think I would hear on this forum.
Yeah metropolis is such a poignant film, pretty much sums up where we are today in terms of layers of society. The clarity of his edit is amazing, the only versions I have seen of metropolis were really badly washed out, but it looks like he has done some wicked restoration on it. and yeah again, metropolis was the vision I had in my head when I made that comment, amazing that a 1927 movie is still a reference point to an ideology.

Oh yeah I'm a huge DK fan. I've got punk rock deep in my blood.