• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randinie

Uncharitable Spy
You missed the point entirely, its the FACT that people do see these words differently that is the issue, these are not words/names that are commonly accepted by the majority, they are words surrounded/associated with derogatory meanings. The point trying to be made here is just because you or someone else thinks its ok, others do not. That is the issue here for these words/names. The only delusion here is you trying to force your beliefs on others and refusing to acknowledge that other people view the world different, your belief being that others cant be right/correct in thinking these words have negative meaning to others. That's the whole issue here, is that name offensive to others, and it is but is it enough to warrant action?

Reactions: mittens

Astir

Legendary Skial King
All relative and calm down. Personally, I'd ask the player to change his name and change it to 'Bearded Jew' if he didn't change. I don't think it's a severe form of ravishing but I support the other admin in recognizing a racist undertone in the players name.

We have to take care of a big community, we are not going to philosophe about every issue we encounter. We take decisions according to the rules and our intuition.

The way an admin takes action depends on the person itself. We too have rules to follow according ban times / providing proof at a long term ban. Mittens was just doing his job, and he has been around long enough to know how to handle. I'm not going to be the one blaming mittens was for following the extra rules for admin and doing his job.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
You missed the point entirely, its the FACT that people do see these words differently that is the issue, these are not words/names that are commonly accepted by the majority, they are words surrounded/associated with derogatory meanings. The point trying to be made here is just because you or someone else thinks its ok, others do not. That is the issue here for these words/names. The only delusion here is you trying to force your beliefs on others and refusing to acknowledge that other people view the world different, your belief being that others cant be right/correct in thinking these words have negative meaning to others. That's the whole issue here, is that name offensive to others, and it is but is it enough to warrant action?
you are a moron Jew isn't an offensive word. nor is a dirty beard. well you know what your name offends me lets ban you.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
All relative and calm down. Personally, I'd ask the player to change his name and change it to 'Bearded Jew' if he didn't change. I don't think it's a severe form of ravishing but I support the other admin in recognizing a racist undertone in the players name.

We have to take care of a big community, we are not going to philosophe about every issue we encounter. We take decisions according to the rules and our intuition.

The way an admin takes action depends on the person itself. We too have rules to follow according ban times / providing proof at a long term ban. Mittens was just doing his job, and he has been around long enough to know how to handle. I'm not going to be the one blaming mittens was for following the extra rules for admin and doing his job.
But you're missing the point Astir.. the guy has appealed saying he is indeed a Dirty bearded Jew, It is a description of himself. If that is racist, like dirty bearded nigger would be, that means the word Jew must cause offense, see my point.
If he washed his beard and renamed himself Clean bearded Jew would that be racist? so does the word dirty mean so much? what about smelly bearded Jew, ugly bearded Jew, fat bearded Jew, mad bearded Jew, one could still extrapolate the meaning to being offensive to Jews if you were so inclined.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
But you're missing the point Astir.. the guy has appealed saying he is indeed a Dirty bearded Jew, It is a description of himself. If that is racist, like dirty bearded nigger would be, that means the word Jew must cause offense, see my point.
If he washed his beard and renamed himself Clean bearded Jew would that be racist? so does the word dirty mean so much? what about smelly bearded Jew, ugly bearded Jew, fat bearded Jew, mad bearded Jew, one could still extrapolate the meaning to being offensive to Jews if you were so inclined.
http://bit.ly/13AsRgn

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so you are saying, he got a ban for using the word Jew, and Jew is now the new Nigger.

Did you really just use Urban Dictionary to prove a point?

Mittens
To place one hand in a woman’s vagina and the other hand in another woman’s vagina.
You dirty kittens, lay down for your mittens.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
On top of that your urban dictionary source goes against you.Random playful insult that is directed at somebody who is not jewish. He was in no way shape or form insulting another player. How can one insult themself by calling themselves a jew?

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Maddo,
how I read Dirty Bearded Jew is: a dirty Jew with a beard. Nomatter he may be Jew or not.

If you stay in your own safe trench, you won't get killed. If you climb out into the No Mans Land, you risk getting shot.

Don't look for trouble by walking the line.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Maddo,
how I read Dirty Bearded Jew is: a dirty Jew with a beard. Nomatter he may be Jew or not.

If you stay in your own safe trench, you won't get killed. If you climb out into the No Mans Land, you risk getting shot.

Don't look for trouble by walking the line.
I read it as a Jew with a dirty beard, I'm not looking for trouble, just explaining how I see things, which is how the majority of those here do. They have also provided valid explanations as to how it isn't racist, but Mittens ego is to big to admit he is wrong, resorting to urban dictionary to back his point of view up. and saying his ego is big, is not an invalid point, he tries to say this thread is all about trying to make him out to look like a badmin.. newsflash, its not all about you mittens. and its not about whether he is a jew or not. and please don't make threats at me, with lame analogies, I mean what safe trench??

Status
Not open for further replies.