• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
"Dirty Jew" is a common anti Semitic slur he just put "bearded" in the middle of it. We are not going to argue whether or not Jews are or aren't a race. Thanks to the Nazi party antisemitism and racism go hand in hand. It also doesn't matter if he really is Jewish. Just like a black TF2 player can't use racial slurs because there is no way to prove it and to prevent actual racists from pretending to be black, the same thing applies here.
If he was calling a jew dirty his name would read bearded dirty jew. When his name is dirty bearded jew it has a completely different meaning. If you can't comprehend simple English and keep making mistakes and not admitting your mistake letting your ego control you. I don't think you should continue to be admin.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If someone calls me a dirty American, can I file a complaint for racism?
Apparently so, but its even worse if you say it to a Jew. :win: I don't like the dirty Jews, not a single fucking one of them, but I do like the clean ones.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Apparently so, but its even worse if you say it to a Jew. :win: I don't like the dirty Jews, not a single fucking one of them, but I do like the clean ones.
Clean jews are worth more anyway. No one ever buys dirty jews, even on Outpost ):

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
"Jew" is commonly used as an insult much like "fag" i.e. "Don't be a Jew!"

You guys are coming up with a really convoluted defense saying this is the same as something like "You dirty Catholic."

This would be like defending anti-gay bigotry by saying "Oh so I can call someone a 'stupid hetero'? But when I say 'stupid homo' I'm a bigot?"

I know you really want me to be a badmin but you are just making yourselves look bad.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If I were you I'd stop coming up with random statements like that. Just because you consider "jew" to be of a same nature as "fag" doesn't mean that everybody else does. Jew comes from Judaism, just as Christian comes from Christianity.
Jeez, Mittens, you are so fucking stupid.

Jew definition.
Jew [dʒuː]
n
1. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of the Semitic people who are notionally descended from the ancient Israelites, are spread throughout the world, and are linked by loose cultural or religious ties
2. (Non-Christian Religions / Judaism) a person whose religion is Judaism See also Hebrew, Israeli, Israelite

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

You guys are coming up with a really convoluted defense saying this is the same as something like "You dirty Catholic."

This would be like defending anti-gay bigotry by saying "Oh so I can call someone a 'stupid hetero'? But when I say 'stupid homo' I'm a bigot?"

I know you really want me to be a badmin but you are just making yourselves look bad.
So you're basically saying it's wrong to say the word Jew. what a simpleton you are.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The intended purpose of his name is to be "Dirty, Bearded Jew." I think that it is intended as a slur against Jewish people, which, according to our rules, is not allowed. He shouldn't get a pass because he is bad at grammar. It is silly to argue about the semantics of the order of the words. The name was meant to be offensive. How about we ask him to change his name to something that doesn't imply antisemitism so once his ban is over, maybe we can call it good and move on.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
The intended purpose of his name is to be "Dirty, Bearded Jew." I think that it is intended as a slur against Jewish people, which, according to our rules, is not allowed. He shouldn't get a pass because he is bad at grammar. It is silly to argue about the semantics of the order of the words. The name was meant to be offensive. How about we ask him to change his name to something that doesn't imply antisemitism so once his ban is over, maybe we can call it good and move on.

Problem is, what is it that makes it racist here? And how racist does a comment have to be to get banned for it. My orignal point is:

Any time you add dirty to a race/nationality it can immediately be construed as racism. End of story.

The question is, at what point do you draw the line. There are a lot of silly things you can concoct that can be construed as racism, but what do you actually enforce as racism? Everything? Or only what you percieve to be a serious use of racism. I'd just like to validate that if someone were to call me a dirty American that I could get them banned for it if I felt offended enough.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
says who? besides wouldn't that make his name "dirty", and that he is a bearded jew?

dirty, the bearded jew ladies and gentleman
Use a comma to separate coordinate adjectives.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm

Problem is, what is it that makes it racist here? And how racist does a comment have to be to get banned for it. My orignal point is:

Any time you add dirty to a race/nationality it can immediately be construed as racism. End of story.

The question is, at what point do you draw the line. There are a lot of silly things you can concoct that can be construed as racism, but what do you actually enforce as racism? Everything? Or only what you percieve to be a serious use of racism. I'd just like to validate that if someone were to call me a dirty American that I could get them banned for it if I felt offended enough.

"Of the many insults and epithets launched at the Jews through the ages, none has quite the cultural pedigree of "dirty Jew." Writers in many languages have seized on it again and again, mostly because it is not only harsh and hateful, but also vague. Dirtiness can refer to anything from a lack of proper hygiene to an ideological failing to a moral taint; being called "dirty" often has something to do with sex, though not always. A history of the term's appearances in literature and film suggests not just changing perceptions of Jewishness over the years, but also a transformation in the way we talk about "dirtiness." " - from A Literary History of the Dirty Jew By JOSH LAMBERT
http://jbooks.com/interviews/index/IP_Lambert_DJ.htm

Randinie

Uncharitable Spy
You maybe overlooking the main issue here. It is the job of the admins to do what is best for the server and the community and while some individuals may have opinions (right or wrong) the admins must decide for the hole of the community, what is best for the most people. They will never please everyone but they can choose to go with what they believe is the majority feeling and what serves the server/community best. Racism is a explosive subject with opinions as varied as there are stars in the sky, makes sense that most community have a zero tolerance about it, it leads to what we have here. For me, a person choosing to have a name that can be interrupted by other as racist is just asking for trouble, it was that users choice to have that name. Ask yourself why would someone choose that name if not to create an issue or show hate towards another?

Another issue being over looked is it doesn't matter one damn bit what you think it means to you, doesn't matter if your black and use the 'N' word, it only matters what others think about it and how it will impact the server/community and that will always involve an admin to intervene, play the hero and bad guy at the same time, hero to those are offended and bad guy to those who want to create issue with no consequences.

Free speech has NEVER meant you can speak freely and not suffer any consequences, others may object and speak their minds against you. In the proper forum/location/debate this can work and lead to progress maybe, but in a gaming environment? Really? 90% of us came here to play/enjoy the time we have here, not to see how rude or angry you can be. You wonder why the admins get mad? It is because you brought this issue to their door step, not your home but their home, a place they gladly invited you to come and play and instead you brought pain and grief, how would you react, any different?

Reactions: mittens

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Use a comma to separate coordinate adjectives.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm

"Of the many insults and epithets launched at the Jews through the ages, none has quite the cultural pedigree of "dirty Jew." Writers in many languages have seized on it again and again, mostly because it is not only harsh and hateful, but also vague. Dirtiness can refer to anything from a lack of proper hygiene to an ideological failing to a moral taint; being called "dirty" often has something to do with sex, though not always. A history of the term's appearances in literature and film suggests not just changing perceptions of Jewishness over the years, but also a transformation in the way we talk about "dirtiness." " - from A Literary History of the Dirty Jew By JOSH LAMBERT
http://jbooks.com/interviews/index/IP_Lambert_DJ.htm

So if I am to interpret this correctly, it's not an issue if someone calls me a dirty American, or anyone else a dirty [nationality]? Just wanna know the stance on this.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
"Dirty Jew" is a common anti Semitic slur he just put "bearded" in the middle of it. We are not going to argue whether or not Jews are or aren't a race. Thanks to the Nazi party antisemitism and racism go hand in hand. It also doesn't matter if he really is Jewish. Just like a black TF2 player can't use racial slurs because there is no way to prove it and to prevent actual racists from pretending to be black, the same thing applies here.
Mittens I have seen a lot of racism in 2fort|LA and looking at this ban. It makes me wana cry because its not racist at all. What you are doing is putting words into his name that were never meaning that in the first place. What you are saying is that when some one has that name its like going up to a jew and saying "Ya fucking dirty jew." NO this name is at the bottom of the racism list and you are flipping out about that. What would you do if I were to change my name to sun burnt Egyptian? I think your just jelly that ruelel has more bans than you in this ban race.

Randinie

Uncharitable Spy
There are words that auto raise peoples blood pressure through the roof while others get angry on peoples responses to those words, its not about how you or I see these words but about how the whole of society reacts to these words. Yes it would be nice if no one ever again used them as insults or to express hate but the FACT remains that most do use these for just those reasons, could also add the reason of being stupid, you choose to use or say those words because you think it makes you sound cool. Those word have always created issues, to use those words is an act of either defiance, hate, stupidity, or just to troll for responses.

There is no way in hell you are going to convince anyone anywhere that something wasn't meant or intended with the use of those words or phrases, whether it was just for fun/joke or a true feeling. If you choose to knowingly use words that have incited angry and controversy for hundreds if not thousands of years you must be prepared to deal with the consequences of that action. Crying about how unfair it is that you choose to incite people with YOUR choice is not an intelligent way to handle an issue you choose to create/start. Why not avoid the issue outright and be smart in choosing what you want others to see or hear. If you wanted to raise awareness to an issue this was not the way to do it.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
There are words that auto raise peoples blood pressure through the roof while others get angry on peoples responses to those words, its not about how you or I see these words but about how the whole of society reacts to these words. Yes it would be nice if no one ever again used them as insults or to express hate but the FACT remains that most do use these for just those reasons, could also add the reason of being stupid, you choose to use or say those words because you think it makes you sound cool. Those word have always created issues, to use those words is an act of either defiance, hate, stupidity, or just to troll for responses.

There is no way in hell you are going to convince anyone anywhere that something wasn't meant or intended with the use of those words or phrases, whether it was just for fun/joke or a true feeling. If you choose to knowingly use words that have incited angry and controversy for hundreds if not thousands of years you must be prepared to deal with the consequences of that action. Crying about how unfair it is that you choose to incite people with YOUR choice is not an intelligent way to handle an issue you choose to create/start. Why not avoid the issue outright and be smart in choosing what you want others to see or hear. If you wanted to raise awareness to an issue this was not the way to do it.
Just because you or some one else sees words differently doesn't make it a fact. Lets stick to the facts here instead of pleasing the minds of the delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.