Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
this whole argument is dumb as shit
144hz is not gonna make you a better player and thinking that it will is retarded
get good at the fuckin game your playing and don't blame your equipment

144hz is better of course but it's not like you're gonna magically hit more of your shots cause if your aim was shit on 60hz i can assure you that you're still gonna miss your shots.
if you're good in 60hz you're not gonna instantly be even better in 144hz. It's more of a luxury thing. If you've used 60hz for your entire life you're not gonna feel the few negatives it has over 144hz. The difference in lag is so hilariously microscopic.

tl;dr if I use 60hz and you use 144hz and i'm better at whatever game we're playing, I'm gonna win.

Careful shoo, some people believe in this so much that they'll out and get a 200hz CRT.

104256-my%20setup.jpg

For that millisecond precision.

Reactions: 185db

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
just got my hands on it, and honestly i dont see any performance problems and im on the highest settings, plus this is pretty speedy fun, i cant really compare to first quake since i never played it but it feels like the clips i've seen from it

Reactions: 185db

185db

Epic Skial Regular
just got my hands on it, and honestly i dont see any performance problems and im on the highest settings, plus this is pretty speedy fun, i cant really compare to first quake since i never played it but it feels like the clips i've seen from it
Well im glad you enjoyed it. Are you on 60hz by any chance? If so, yes, you wouldn't experience performance problems. As someone who plays quake a decent amount admittedly my standards are pretty high, and I still have a mindset that apparently isn't the most modern when approaching game design.
Careful shoo, some people believe in this so much that they'll out and get a 200hz CRT.

104256-my%20setup.jpg

For that millisecond precision.
Dude, no joke that mouse, the wmo, is actually really good. You can get them for about $10 and they have no accel or smoothing and they are really light. The sensor isnt as great as more modern ones, but its good enough if someone is looking for a budget mouse.

2iaqzr8.jpg

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well im glad you enjoyed it. Are you on 60hz by any chance? If so, yes, you wouldn't experience performance problems. As someone who plays quake a decent amount admittedly my standards are pretty high, and I still have a mindset that apparently isn't the most modern when approaching game design.

Dude, no joke that mouse, the wmo, is actually really good. You can get them for about $10 and they have no accel or smoothing and they are really light. The sensor isnt as great as more modern ones, but its good enough if someone is looking for a budget mouse.
developers struggle to reach a consistent 60fps these days and you expect them to shoot for 144fps

Ed_

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

because its a trash under developed game, theyre not going to go for amazing 4k graphics for a game with a small select audience. im also speculating they dont have the budget to make a 4k textured game if its going to be free

185db

Epic Skial Regular
developers struggle to reach a consistent 60fps these days and you expect them to shoot for 144fps
Let's see, what games can I get 144fps on... tf2, csgo, siege, battlefield 1, titanfall2, battlefield 4, overwatch... few of these are very recent. Yes, I do hold bethesda to the standard of being able to do the same as these games. Granted, its in beta and good performance should not be expected yet. My "review" was simply for the beta. As such, it should not be taken towards the game on its full release.

Ed_

Contributor
Let's see, what games can I get 144fps on... tf2, csgo, siege, battlefield 1, titanfall2, battlefield 4, overwatch... few of these are very recent. Yes, I do hold bethesda to the standard of being able to do the same as these games. Granted, its in beta and good performance should not be expected yet. My "review" was simply for the beta. As such, it should not be taken towards the game on its full release.
i never said anything about fps i was talking about graphics on a free game and how underwhelming it will be as it hasnt got a large budget

185db

Epic Skial Regular
i never said anything about fps i was talking about graphics on a free game and how underwhelming it will be as it hasnt got a large budget
and i never said anything about graphics, nor did i reply to you. its a bethesda game, the budget is fine.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
don't list games made in the source engine for this argument seriously whats the point who doesn't get 1000 fps in those

also holding bethesda to a standard is a mistake

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Let's see, what games can I get 144fps on... tf2, csgo, siege, battlefield 1, titanfall2, battlefield 4... few of these are very recent. Yes, I do hold bethesda to the standard of being able to do the same as these games. Granted, its in beta and good performance should not be expected yet. My "review" was simply for the beta. Of course it should not be taken towards the game on its full release.
Tf2 has pretty decent optimization but is really inconsistent, good builds can get shit fps if the game decides it hates you. CSGO was released in 2012 and on a non-retarded version of the source engine, Siege can but the maps are tiny and actually really well optimized. Battlefield 1 can reach 144fps fairly easy because it's not a spectacular looking game that will take a high ranged pc to run. It compensates for eh visuals with a dumb amount of bloom and motion blur, same goes for Titanfall and Battlefield 4 .
And you shouldn't hold Bethesda to any standard of optimization because you'll always be disappointed.

And like Alex said, those games have high budgets

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Battlefield 1 can reach 144fps fairly easy because it's not a spectacular looking game that will take a high ranged pc to run.
ok im done. if you think this i cant do anything.

the point was that modern multiplayer games can play on 144fps and this should be no exeception (overwatch, battlefield 1 [64 fucking players] and titanfall 2).

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i mean my game runs pretty damn nice, i know not to put bethesda to a standard but i dont really think they were involved further than "we own you id" honestly though my computer is like 2 years old and im running this great on ultra despite it telling me to stay on high, i think Tangy just has a shit computer

Ed_

Contributor

the point was that modern multiplayer games can play on 144fps and this should be no exeception.
hardly a modern game, if it uses graphics as good as gta v then you may be excused

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

the point was that modern multiplayer games can play on 144fps and this should be no exeception.
fnScEQr.png

That is ultra settings, the textures are kinda gross, that's why they overload the game with bloom lmao

185db

Epic Skial Regular
i mean my game runs pretty damn nice, i know not to put bethesda to a standard but i dont really think they were involved further than "we own you id" honestly though my computer is like 2 years old and im running this great on ultra despite it telling me to stay on high, i think Tangy just has a shit computer
ive got an i5 4460 and 1060, its possible i missed a crucial setting while playing. i thought i put everything on low but i will admit i rushed a bit.

TheMiningAlex

the point was that modern multiplayer games can play on 144fps and this should be no exeception (overwatch, battlefield 1 [64 fucking players] and titanfall 2).
Anyone who absolutely expect any game to always give them 120+ FPS is someone who expects far too much. Especially Since after you get past 60 to 80 frames per second the difference become so minuscule you can barely sense it. If your game only gives you 60 frames per second deal with it. Because it is perfectly fine