Ed_

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
ive got an i5 4460 and 1060, its possible i missed a crucial setting while playing. i thought i put everything on low but i will admit i rushed a bit.
just run a game with ultra models, textures and antialiasing and put the res on native then put shadows and useless shit on minimal if youre having problems. thats how i run overwatch and how i would run cs if i diddnt feel as if i get an advantage using a lower res for the wider hitbox/model of the players

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ive got an i5 4460 and 1060, its possible i missed a crucial setting while playing. i thought i put everything on low but i will admit i rushed a bit.
That's a mid ranged build and you're expecting a brand new sorta AAA to get to a steady 144fps

Ed_

Contributor
Anyone who absolutely expect any game to always give them 120+ FPS is someone who expects far too much. Especially Since after you get past 60 to 80 frames per second the difference become so minuscule you can barely sense it. If your game only gives you 60 frames per second deal with it. Because it is perfectly fine
exactly just locking games on 90 usually works fine for me so i dont feel drops but i could easily run them at fps rates such as 144 but would feel the drop

TheMiningAlex

I have a crap computer I can barely get 30 frames on most games. But I have played on the computer that runs 60 fps and 90 fps. There's almost no difference between those two numbers. When it fluctuates or I change it.

Ed_

Contributor
I have a crap computer I can barely get 30 frames on most games. But I have played on the computer that runs 60 fps an 90 fps. There's almost no difference between those two numbers. When it fluctuates or I change it.
you can defiantly feel drops on fps when youre playing a game especially in fps when your sensitivity feels weird when it does drop

TheMiningAlex

you can defiantly feel drops on fps when youre playing a game especially in fps when your sensitivity feels weird when it does drop
When I was playing overwatch on this computer a week ago I saw my fps go from 60 to 90 to 60. There was so much that I was paying attention to anyways that I saw nothing change and even so when I see a frame drop like when all the explosive ults and things happen at once I see a slight jump in time as if I had blinked. It's so miniscule it doesn't even matter to anything that I do.

Ed_

Contributor
When I was playing overwatch on this computer a week ago I saw my fps go from 60 to 90 to 60. There was so much that I was paying attention to anyways that I saw nothing change and even so when I see a frame drop like when all the explosive ults and things happen at once I see a slight jump in time as if I had blinked. It's so miniscule it doesn't even matter to anything that I do.
it can still effect aim but thats why people lock fps so they dont get drops from 150+fps down to 60~ which is defiantly noticeable when aiming

185db

Epic Skial Regular
unless you are on a monitor with a hz higher than 60, you probably wont notice fps drops that happen above 60 when not 100+ drops or so...

Ed_

Contributor
unless you are on a monitor with a hz higher than 60, you probably wont notice fps drops that happen above 60 when not 100+ drops or so...
no you would still feel it, i have felt it on all my monitors. i have a 144 and a 60 hz monitor. stop talking about stuff you dont understand/experimented with

Reactions: ToTeM

TheMiningAlex

it can still effect aim but thats why people lock fps so they dont get drops from 150+fps down to 60~ which is defiantly noticeable when aiming
I guess it does kind of make a difference that I usually play Junkrat or Phara. My aim isn't so super precise like Mccree or widow. Still it was minuscule so long as it doesn't happen every single time you'll be fine but again just don't expect things that aren't necessary

Last edited:

185db

Epic Skial Regular
they've fixed a good amount of the issues regarding visual clutter and are working on memory leak currently. with the nda lifted, im much more optimistic for the game now.

ive found it helps to restart the game after every few games to cut down on the memory leak. still hoping they add some color overrides and accel settings.