Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Great mod, great game. There are a few problems though.

First, the lag. I think maybe the server isn't capable of handling the amount of people playing. It's fine when it's not full.

Second, the Bison griefing. For those not familiar with this server, at the beginning of the round each team builds a fort. There is a protective barrier in the middle to let teams build in peace. The problem is the Bison is able to shoot through the protective barrier and the forts. (griefing) Votekick hardly ever works since the % of yes votes needed is really high. There isn't usually any admins playing here either, and I don't like pming admins while they're playing just to deal with idiots using the bison.

I think there is a newer version of fortwars which automatically removes the bison, and also adds some nice props (wooden wall) and fixes some bugs. (it may not be a newer version that removes the bison, it may just be a server setting)

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
Can you check just for fun if that line of code is in the sp file under the scripting folder and if not add it just to see if it would allow the prop to load better? It was there for a few days then all of a sudden it disappeared.. since this was suggested as a fix it might still fix it even though the plugins were updated by the author.. it's soo amazing with the support walls..

Reactions: Turovik

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't know why it disappeared. I am guessing maybe it isn't reacting well to one of the other plugins or Fortwars is just buggy as you can see by the random fix.

As I've said before the scripting file does nothing, it is not even loaded into the game.