Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Great mod, great game. There are a few problems though.

First, the lag. I think maybe the server isn't capable of handling the amount of people playing. It's fine when it's not full.

Second, the Bison griefing. For those not familiar with this server, at the beginning of the round each team builds a fort. There is a protective barrier in the middle to let teams build in peace. The problem is the Bison is able to shoot through the protective barrier and the forts. (griefing) Votekick hardly ever works since the % of yes votes needed is really high. There isn't usually any admins playing here either, and I don't like pming admins while they're playing just to deal with idiots using the bison.

I think there is a newer version of fortwars which automatically removes the bison, and also adds some nice props (wooden wall) and fixes some bugs. (it may not be a newer version that removes the bison, it may just be a server setting)

Turovik

Contributor
Alright, I was too lazy to read any of this, but just in case this has not been brought up:
PLEASE DISABLE THE RIGHTEOUS BISON, THE MANMELTER AND THE NEW ENGI SHOTGUN.
They are capable of shooting through not only the glass at startup, but any prop as well. I'm just tired of getting called to Fortwars once a week to deal with some complacent idiot. It can't be that difficult to disable weapons, right? We did it with the cow mangler back when it crashed servers.

That's why I wanted to be admin so bad, even just on this server. Me and MAL pretty much only play on fortwars and we feel bad having to call an admin each time it happens. Most times the guy just stops when the admin gets there. Votekick/Voteban never work either.
There's also the griefers who lock you in your own spawn, or just waste all the team's props *head explodes*

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
Was the fortwars.smx file updated too or the whole plugins folder for that matter? Seems the server also has to be restarted for everything to kick in. The files can't be simply re-loaded.

Based on the author's thread it appears the unlocks/money data is kept in sm_fwwipedb or sm_fwwipe so it "should" be safe to replace the whole plugins folder..

Bottiger

Administrator
I already replaced every plugin with the plugins with the zipfile and the server already changed maps, thus reloading the plugins.

I do not see any new props.

I have made a plugin to block the laser weapons.

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
It's not crashing anymore at least? I posted on the author's forum and this is the recommendation I received. The sp file is under addons\sourcemod\scripting (fwp_supportwall.sp) if you edit it in a text editor he says to add PrecacheModel("models/props_mining/support_wall001a.mdl"); and it should now load fine. I still would recommend a reboot after doing the changes though.

ok all you need to do is edit the file of prop you want to add. This is what i did and it work just fine plus because of that i can add more props now there not precached that is why there or it is not loading right and crashing the server. open up the .sp file of the wall one and add this to it.

PrecacheModel("models/props_mining/support_wall001a.mdl");

this is where i put it.

public Loaded(){
PrecacheModel("models/props_mining/support_wall001a.mdl");
FW_AddProp("Support Wall", "models/props_mining/support_wall001a.mdl", FORTWARS_HEALTH_VERYHIGH, 150, 2);
}

then save it and compile it and then it should work fine did for me anyways.

Edit : Reference http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=142208&page=16 , the author confirmed that this will fix the support wall/crashing.

He also said that he's no longer modifying the addon but has changed it in the plugins so a re-download of the file or modifying the line above should fix it.

Reactions: Turovik

Turovik

Contributor
^^ lol

The support walls still aren't there, but the main thing is the laser weapons. Thanks!

Now we just have to deal with mic spammers and prop griefers... lol

edit: I just left there after trying to votekick/mute/voteban some griefers. There was 3 of them so they all voted no, so it was impossible to pass the vote.

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
Is that line "PrecacheModel("models/props_mining/support_wall001a.mdl");" in this file addons\sourcemod\scripting\fwp_supportwall.sp?

Bottiger

Administrator
That's what the author claimed.

And also, the plugins I uploaded were dated August while the plugins on sourcemod were dated July. The plugins were not outdated by a month as you said on sourcemod.net

I would really be interested in knowing why it isn't showing up (I haven't checked though, and I have more pressing matters to deal with). The plugin is definitely loaded. It shows up in the plugin list.

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
It's supposed to be just that one line in the sp file. It's not under the plugins folder but the scripting folder. If you could confirm that the line is there via a text editor then I could ask the author again why it's not working. Whenever you have a chance.. maybe on the to do list? I really think that prop would improve game play on fortwars which is why I keep bugging you..

Reactions: Turovik

Bottiger

Administrator
The plugin is a compiled version (ready to run) of the files in the scripting folder. The scripting folder files are unnecessary to run. The author said himself he already updated the plugins.

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
Well there must be a reason why the other guy said to add that line in the scripting file