Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
497.jpg

Where have we gone to, and where have come from?

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Pics from the trip to Arkansas. Pics were taken from my cheap phone so sorry for the crappy look.

My lil' bro at the trout stream.
87d35ec9968dbfa93c38a34ff13d5fcf.png

One of the streams off of Table Rock Lake
ea1bf7ab39f5395794de9037251c3c27.png

Outside the trout hatchery in Mountain Home Arkansas.
03b13e10e535ca5d6126a74410162a37.png

Reactions: Shula

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First snow fall in late October at Craig Lake State Park here in the upper peninsula (my 2nd favorite kayaking spot)
mRMTUEb.jpg

Mackinac Bridge - Where Lake Huron and Lake Michigan meet.
wWqdLYU.jpg

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
jcwZakm.jpg

new Zealand
cbe9d0957d7cb623b75f6f4bf9445b48-hd2.jpg

Mt Assiniboine rises above Lake Magog in the Canadian Rockies. Due to Assiniboine's pyramidal shape, it has been unofficially named the "Matterhorn" of North America

Description taken from reddit

Reactions: Shula

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
europa_galileo_960.jpg
Explanation: Although the phase of this moon might appear familiar, the moon itself might not. In fact, this gibbous phase shows part of Jupiter's moon Europa. The robot spacecraft Galileo captured this image mosaic during its mission orbiting Jupiter from 1995 - 2003. Visible are plains of bright ice, cracks that run to the horizon, and dark patches that likely contain both ice and dirt. Raised terrainis particularly apparent near the terminator, where it casts shadows. Europa is nearly the same size as Earth's Moon, but much smoother, showing few highlands or large impact craters. Evidence and images from the Galileo spacecraft, indicated that liquid oceans might exist below the icy surface. To test speculation that these seas hold life, ESA has started preliminary development of theJupiter Icy Moons Explorer (JUICE), a spacecraft proposed for launch around 2022 that would further explore Jupiter and in particular Europa. Recent observations by the Hubble Space Telescope have uncovered new evidence that Europa, like Saturn's moon Enceladus, has ice venting from its surface.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap131215.html

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, I've just come from Mexico where I was not only drinking my ass off, but also managed to get a tour to Maya's ancient city called Chichen Itza which is considered to be one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.... Everything was cool and spectacular, but obviously, the most interesting thing was Kukulkan Temple. It turns out there is a smaller pyramid inside this one. I'm just shocked as to what kind of knowledge in astronomy and mathematics Mayas had. It's really astonishing:

zuKedCl.jpg

4ebeWWX.jpg