Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just want to suggest that we have a Nintendo section under "Other Games"

Right now, we have a thread that is active almost daily about Nintendo in general, however, I think with the amount of games coming out, the amount of people interested, and the amount of content being jammed into that thread we could do with a whole section. Now, I know Skial doesn't really associate with Nintendo, or console games in general, however if you look at the amount of activity on the Nintendo thread you will see it has a lot more on it than a lot of the other games threads, especially if you count past smash threads. Even talking to people on the servers, I know a lot of them have a history or are interested in Nintendo games themselves. It's a bit of a stretch, but it might bring some nice, unique users to the forum!

Anyways, I realize it's a stretch, but hey, it's just a suggestion, and a lot of us in Nintendo General would appreciate it!

Reactions: mittens

Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
+1
If we do this, then it will easier telling people about the Church of Captain Falcon's Later Day Brawlers.
YES!

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
why dont you just make a new thread for each game you want to talk about instead of making a new section

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
why dont you just make a new thread for each game you want to talk about instead of making a new section
We could, but it would clutter up the other games section.
I was suggesting to make a Nintendo subforum under other games.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yes, all the threads would go in that section. Kind of like how the Minecraft threads go in that section, and the WoW threads go in that section.

Why is there a WoW section anyway?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think the general Nintendo thread is good enough for handling all the discussion, considering the number of active posters is <15, a whole Nintendo section would just create a lot of empty threads with 3 posters,

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think the general Nintendo thread is good enough for handling all the discussion, considering the number of active posters is <15, a whole Nintendo section would just create a lot of empty threads with 3 posters,

It would be more active than some of the other subforums in that section, and would help with sorting the specific games and isolating them so people could pick what they want and don't want to read. That's the main reason I suggested it.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It would be more active than some of the other subforums in that section, and would help with sorting the specific games and isolating them so people could pick what they want and don't want to read. That's the main reason I suggested it.
Are you sure it would be, though? I mean think about, the only reason the Nintendo thread is so active is because it's a very general thread. A xenoblade chronicles thread wouldn't get as near as many posts. Game discussion would go like

Initial announcement discussion
Dies
Releases, peak discussion
Dies
Maybe an update piques discussion again, but nots 100% of the time.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't understand why there should be a Nintendo section.

Should we make an xbox, pc, or ps thread?

Are there people that only want to see Nintendo topics and don't care which game it is?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't understand why there should be a Nintendo section.

Should we make an xbox, pc, or ps thread?

Are there people that only want to see Nintendo topics and don't care which game it is?
Why did you say this and then immediately do it anyway.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I say we go all out....

Xbox section
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 sub section.

Ps section.
Ps1, 2, 3, 4 subsection

Windows section
Windows xp, vista, 7 , 8 and 10

Macintosh
10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

Nintendo
Super, n64, game boy color, GameCube etc

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I say we go all out....

Xbox section
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 sub section.

Ps section.
Ps1, 2, 3, 4 subsection

Windows section
Windows xp, vista, 7 , 8 and 10

Macintosh
10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10

Nintendo
Super, n64, game boy color, GameCube etc
Where's the Atari 2600 section you biased fuk

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Intellivision section plox
Intellivision-Console-Set.jpg

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Think about it. How many people are going to actively participate in an xenoblade chronicles thread even after its released?

I don't even know why Nintendo threads were such a big deal, considering the section now only has 3 post, 1 being a shitpost and 1 thread being abandoned.

Edit: Requestic Collecovision section