Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shulk, Melia, and Reyn are the hot team.
All the characters are cool though.

Dude... have you not been doing all your sidequests?
Tsk tsk tsk.
Riki is literally the only reason I survive half the time

Also just beat that stupid fucking bunny get rekt

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Riki is literally the only reason I survive half the time

Also just beat that stupid fucking bunny get rekt
I use the characters I like the best character-wise, so that explains my team. If I wanted to win easily, I'd just do the naked strat.
Riki is my least favorite character in the main case so RIP. Still a cool guy though, just overrated and annoying a lot of the time.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I use the characters I like the best character-wise, so that explains my team. If I wanted to win easily, I'd just do the naked strat.
Riki is my least favorite character in the main case so RIP. Still a cool guy though, just overrated and annoying a lot of the time.
Riki got robbed of story which makes me upset. They should have made Telethia attack the village and Riki shows everyone how badass he is. I use him because he is adorable, has good attacks to chain with and heavy armor on him looks amazing

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Riki got robbed of story which makes me upset. They should have made Telethia attack the village and Riki shows everyone how badass he is. I use him because he is adorable, has good attacks to chain with and heavy armor on him looks amazing
I liked that he was a legitimately kind, loving family man. I could stand without the voice and "comedic" moments, but I guess that's part of his charm. He did totally get robbed of story out of the whole cast, though, him and Reyn both. They're both just kind of along for the ride with no PERSONAL quarrels towards the mechon (Been a while since I watched, apologies for the spelling if it's wrong.), Reyn wants to help Shulk and avenge colony 9 and Riki was essentially forced.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I liked that he was a legitimately kind, loving family man. I could stand without the voice and "comedic" moments, but I guess that's part of his charm. He did totally get robbed of story out of the whole cast, though, him and Reyn both. They're both just kind of along for the ride with no PERSONAL quarrels towards the mechon (Been a while since I watched, apologies for the spelling if it's wrong.), Reyn wants to help Shulk and avenge colony 9 and Riki was essentially forced.
It's assumed Riki did it for his family but it seems like a poor excuse for him not getting much after Makna Forest. Though the Heart to Hearts add a LOT to Riki and Reyn which I like.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's assumed Riki did it for his family but it seems like a poor excuse for him not getting much after Makna Forest. Though the Heart to Hearts add a LOT to Riki and Reyn which I like.
They want you to work hard to unlock the awesome story of 2 awesome characters. ;)

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They want you to work hard to unlock the awesome story of 2 awesome characters. ;)
Worth it imo
But getting Sharla's affinity up is a bitch, I just hate using her. As a character she's cool but as a healer she's outclassed by Riki ffs

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Worth it imo
But getting Sharla's affinity up is a bitch, I just hate using her. As a character she's cool but as a healer she's outclassed by Riki ffs
Yeah a lot of people have that complaint about Sharla. Unfortunately, her role is too one-sided for her to be useful, especially since her main gimmick is outclassed by a more diverse (and tanky) character.
If you think about the other characters you can use different playstyles for each but Sharla is essentially locked into two; healer build and headshot build, and the heat on her rifle makes the headshot build pretty garbage though it can be fun to play around with. I agree that she's cool but gameplay-wise she really sucks.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Enjoying Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros atm. Awesome game, although controlling 3 different characters makes defending a real problem with the buttons. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow :)

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh I should probably add that I don't own Xenoblade myself. I hope to get the original for christmas, as I don't have (or really want) a New 3DS. All of what I know is from walkthroughs and info searching/studying, as I went through a crazy Xenoblade phase as I'm sure you guys remember.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nintendo's big announcement was Minecraft Wii U lol

It's coming December 17th. I just wanna see if and how Gamepad is used in it.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor

That's a bad announcment. Minecraft is only fun multiplayer and keyboard controls are the best with it. How disappointing.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Meanwhile I'm still looking forward to playing Yokai Watch and M&L: Paper Jam.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh I should probably add that I don't own Xenoblade myself. I hope to get the original for christmas, as I don't have (or really want) a New 3DS. All of what I know is from walkthroughs and info searching/studying, as I went through a crazy Xenoblade phase as I'm sure you guys remember.
The game is pretty easy with hard bosses sprinkled in here and there. But the real challenges are the super bosses that happen after a certain major event.

Also have fun running around for 3 hours trying to get the rarest item in each area. Because Colony 6 needs fucking beans for some reason.