Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The game is pretty easy with hard bosses sprinkled in here and there. But the real challenges are the super bosses that happen after a certain major event.

Also have fun running around for 3 hours trying to get the rarest item in each area. Because Colony 6 needs fucking beans for some reason.
Oh I watched the whole thing. I know about Super Bosses and rare items for Colony 6. Still looks fun tho.

I don't really care for Yokai Watch myself but Paper Jam's gonna be gooooooooooooooooooood
Neither of those seem appealing to me, tbh. Dream team disappointed me.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh I watched the whole thing. I know about Super Bosses and rare items for Colony 6. Still looks fun tho.

Neither of those seem appealing to me, tbh. Dream team disappointed me.
I loved Dream Team since it permanently pulled Luigi out of butt monkey status and made Bowser an actually credible threat.

Reactions: Meowrisa

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I loved Dream Team since it permanently pulled Luigi out of butt monkey status and made Bowser an actually credible threat.
I just lost interest, I'm sure it's a great game though! To be honest, the only Mario RPG I ever got into was bowser's inside story and that's just because the idea was new to me.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just lost interest, I'm sure it's a great game though! To be honest, the only Mario RPG I ever got into was bowser's inside story and that's just because the idea was new to me.
Bowser's Inside Story is still and probably will be for a while favorite Mario and Luigi RPG.

Paper Jam better not have 8 hours of tutorials like Dream Meme did.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i actually really cannot wait for paper jam, trying my hardest to not spoil anything about it

still don't even know if paper luigi exists or even how the battle system works with 3 brothers

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
As for the battle system, without spoilering too much, you use A for Mario, B for Luigi (as usual) and Y for Paper Mario. For me it is really hard to defend an attack towards all 3 members by pressing the correct button at the given time because I am used to always only defend for Mario and/or Luigi. And the game was released here 4 days ago (Friday). I still have not gotten used to it. I will be excited to hear how any of you manage with that. It definetly gives alot of different approaches on an enemy and it is fun as you would expect from a Mario&Luigi RPG.

Forgive me Shoe, if that was too much for your to handle. :grimacing:

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As for the battle system, without spoilering too much, you use A for Mario, B for Luigi (as usual) and Y for Paper Mario. For me it is really hard to defend an attack towards all 3 members by pressing the correct button at the given time because I am used to always only defend for Mario and/or Luigi. And the game was released here 4 days ago (Friday). I still have not gotten used to it. I will be excited to hear how any of you manage with that. It definetly gives alot of different approaches on an enemy and it is fun as you would expect from a Mario&Luigi RPG.

The trio attacks look game breakingly powerful. Also is there any way the game balances Paper Mario who can deal a ton of total damage with his many copies?

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor

that's pretty much just telling me what i've already known lol. It's like pit only instead of 4 bros its 3 bros

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
The trio attacks look game breakingly powerful. Also is there any way the game balances Paper Mario who can deal a ton of total damage with his many copies?
Let me try to give an example.

Paper Mario can have 5 copies of himself, including himself it makes 6 of them. Let's attempt a jump attack with Paper Mario. He deals 4,4,3,3,2 and an excellent 4 again. His attacks become weaker for every copy. Also it is notable that as long he has copies of himself, he does not take any actual damage, but his copies are being destroyed. They can be re-plenished however, yet you would lose 1 turn for doing so.
So actually, while Mario would do for example 9+9 dmg, Paper Mario would do alot less, yet split 4+4+3+3+2+4, so it actually means he does equal damage if you hit an excellent attack. Missing one of those jumps would obviously mean you deal alot lesser damage.
Notable is also, there are Paper enemies and "real world" enemies, each with its own movesets and attacks. For me it is hard to always jump from pattern to pattern and learn their individual movesets, yet it gives the game a fresh look and a big variety of enemies.

A little spoiler courtesy of me:
img_20151207_235231099okyz.jpg

Last edited:

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Let me try to give an example.

Paper Mario can have 5 copies of himself, including himself it makes 6 of them. Let's attempt a jump attack with Paper Mario. He deals 4,4,3,3,2 and an excellent 4 again. His attacks become weaker for every copy. Also it is notable that as long he has copies of himself, he does not take any actual damage, but his copies are being destroyed. They can be re-plenished however, yet you would lose 1 turn for doing so.
So actually, while Mario would do for example 9+9 dmg, Paper Mario would do alot less, yet split 4+4+3+3+2+4, so it actually means he does equal damage if you hit an excellent attack. Missing one of those jumps would obviously mean you deal alot lesser damage.
Notable is also, there are Paper enemies and "real world" enemies, each with its own movesets and attacks. For me it is hard to always jump from pattern to pattern and learn their individual movesets, yet it gives the game a fresh look and a big variety of enemies.

A little spoiler courtesy of me:
img_20151207_235231099okyz.jpg
The final boss actually looks difficult this time. I haven't been able to play Meme Team or this which makes me sad.
My anus is ready for DQ 8 though holy shit I'm excited.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I WANT WOLF AND OR SNAKE BACK!
From my perspective Brawl fans are being majorly ungrateful for MK, Lucario, Pit, Diddy, Olimar, Rob, ZS Samus, Wario, Sonic, Ike and Lucas's comeback by complaining that Wolf and Snake are absent. That's almost a 5th of the whole roster and overkill enough as is.