Fish

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Am I the only one who saw the salvaged crate picture and assumed this was about crate 50?

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Outpost wasn't the first website to have these features. They can hardly be considered original.

In fact it is kind of ironic that you are blaming anyone from ripping off outpost when the whole idea of their site was taken from tf2tp which was a completely original idea.

I just found it...ironic, that Skial comes out with a darn near duplicate idea/perks as Outpost soon after one of their Mods got banned off it after making an ass of himself. Kinda like a "Who cares, we can do the same thing as you" thing.

But all in all, it's a great addition to the Skial forums. Will help a lot of people trade. I just think it was done out of bitterness towards banning a Skial mod. Even if that mod dug his own grave.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just found it...ironic, that Skial comes out with a darn near duplicate idea/perks as Outpost soon after one of their Mods got banned off it after making an ass of himself. Kinda like a "Who cares, we can do the same thing as you" thing.

But all in all, it's a great addition to the Skial forums. Will help a lot of people trade. I just think it was done out of bitterness towards banning a Skial mod. Even if that mod dug his own grave.
Bottiger isn't that petty.

Reactions: chuckwagon

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
This wasn't done because of Ruelel.

You do realize that we've had trading on our forums before Outpost even existed?

No, and to be honest i could not care. I just find it "ironic" that these options, which coincidentally are the same as Outpost options, which is where one of your mods got banned from, all of a sudden came into effect. Like i said, just seems like bitterness, IMHO. But if you say it isn't then i am sure it isn't. Either way, like i said it is a great addition.

Bottiger

Administrator
No, and to be honest i could not care. I just find it "ironic" that these options, which coincidentally are the same as Outpost options, which is where one of your mods got banned from, all of a sudden came into effect. Like i said, just seems like bitterness, IMHO. But if you say it isn't then i am sure it isn't. Either way, like i said it is a great addition.

You should care because you are treating Outpost like a totally original idea and that anyone that happens to have the same features is ripping them off.

Ruelel was banned a week ago. How long are we supposed to wait to improve our trading forums so it doesn't look like we are doing it as revenge? A month? A year?

Why is it even revenge to try to improve our trading forum? Are they copying us when we already had a trading forum for a year before them and they decided to add forum features to their website? Are they ripping us off when they decided to have a reputation system just like us?

Do you realize that the reason outpost was made was because of revenge against tf2tp for banning Facepunch members?

These were all features that people have asked for even before Outpost existed and they are hardly unique.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Do you realize that the reason outpost was made was because of revenge against tf2tp for banning Facepunch members?

That would explain the admins.

I agree though and isn't our mission statement like "The ultimate TF2 gaming and trading group."? These changes would reflect that. Maybe that should change to TF2 and Dota

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
You should care because you are treating Outpost like a totally original idea and that anyone that happens to have the same features is ripping them off.

Ruelel was banned a week ago. How long are we supposed to wait to improve our trading forums so it doesn't look like we are doing it as revenge? A month? A year?

Why is it even revenge to try to improve our trading forum? Are they copying us when we already had a trading forum for a year before them and they decided to add forum features to their website? Are they ripping us off when they decided to have a reputation system just like us?

These were all features that people have asked for even before Outpost existed and they are hardly unique.

Still all seems quite "ironic" or "Bitter actions" to me. Even if you or anyone else say it isn't. But as i said 3 times now, it is good for the Skial forums and that is a good thing in end.

Bottiger

Administrator
Still all seems quite "ironic" or "Bitter actions" to me.

I've never used Outpost, and Ruelel is 1 out of 20 admins. It is ridiculous to accuse us of copying ideas that aren't even original from a newer trade site in order to get revenge. Why can't we improve our trading forums because we have one?

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just made a cash trade, sold a guy some keys. Well, he didn't have a Skial profile and made one to give me rep. I'd like to give some rep in return, but I can't because he hasn't made any trade threads yet. At least let me select my own trade thread to leave rep for him, Bott.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Still all seems quite "ironic" or "Bitter actions" to me. Even if you or anyone else say it isn't. But as i said 3 times now, it is good for the Skial forums and that is a good thing in end.
i think you put way too much stock in how much bottiger cares about his admins being retarded and getting bans on other websites.

Also, we've been crying about an auto bump feature or something for moooooooooooooonths. I think people bitched about mrpeepers that last time it came up.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
People need to stop copying off of the barter system. When will each of you learn to get some fresh material and trade things using your OWN system.

Bottiger

Administrator
People need to stop copying off of the barter system. When will each of you learn to get some fresh material and trade things using your OWN system.

No one can claim ownership of bartering

Only TF2 Warehouse dares to have their own currency because they make a profit on every trade.

They could easily lose money to another g power fist incident, or any time they get traded items that get deleted by Valve because of scamming.

Because of this, no one can make a "new" (as though any trade system hasn't been already invented) system.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
No one can claim ownership of bartering

Only TF2 Warehouse dares to have their own currency because they make a profit on every trade.

They could easily lose money to another g power fist incident, or any time they get traded items that get deleted by Valve because of scamming.

Because of this, no one can make a "new" (as though any trade system hasn't been already invented) system.

It appears my sarcasm got lost to the internet. I was jokin:troll:

Bottiger

Administrator
It appears my sarcasm got lost to the internet. I was jokin

There's no telling how stupid people on the internet can be. And I thought about making something like warehouse before they came out but I decided not to because of problems like that.

A lot of people tell me to just make something like that and they don't know the risk involved.