KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Sorry i messed up the other one

was doing some research and i found two plugins. I have been tlaking about this wit ha lot of people, and they all agree we need a popup when people join the game that shows the rules. I would like only need one of the two posted below.

1. Basic !rules Command
This plugin has two features.
------a. Users can view the rules by typing !rules
------b. Admins can force people to see the rules by typine !showrules

Link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=931295

2. Force Pop Up Rules
This mod has one basic feature.
-----a. Then a player joins the game, he is frozen. A message pops up showing the rules of the server. From here the player can pick "i agree" or "i don't agree". If he agrees, he is unfrozen and can play. If he disagrees, he is kicked from the server.

Link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1427255

3. Force Pop up #2
This one is the same as Number 2. However it does not freeze the player. However This one is cleaner.
------a. Admins can force a person to view the rules. they can send it to everyone, or an individual person.

Why Do we want this?
Often times we get the "ohh i didnt know the rules of the server" from idiots. This will eliminate that problem, and give us admins a small break. I know there will still be rule breakers out there, but at least we do not have to deal with people claiming they do not know.

What do you guys think?

Alcide

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Well i think that for the moment option 3 is the best, i'm quite sure that people wil complain if they have to agree everytime they join. But i admit that Particle Man's idea on option 2 is quite interesting too.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Possibly regulars with 3+ days connection time won't see the rules for option 2 when they join. If it can be programmed without too much difficultly.

Reactions: Photek

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i do agree it could get annoying. but i dint think its a big deal. it takes less the na second to hit "accecpt".

this is all up to bottiger tho. he might decide to not even look at this thread lol

Alcide

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
It's not that it's really annoying (as you said it takes less than a second) but people will complain; at least here in Europe, they love to do that.
Anyway it's true that if the rules were showed on the servers it could save us from a lot of troubles, so i think a plugin like that would be a good thing.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Perfect. Would it just link the people to the forum thread page, or will it implement a plugin?