KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Sorry i messed up the other one

was doing some research and i found two plugins. I have been tlaking about this wit ha lot of people, and they all agree we need a popup when people join the game that shows the rules. I would like only need one of the two posted below.

1. Basic !rules Command
This plugin has two features.
------a. Users can view the rules by typing !rules
------b. Admins can force people to see the rules by typine !showrules

Link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=931295

2. Force Pop Up Rules
This mod has one basic feature.
-----a. Then a player joins the game, he is frozen. A message pops up showing the rules of the server. From here the player can pick "i agree" or "i don't agree". If he agrees, he is unfrozen and can play. If he disagrees, he is kicked from the server.

Link:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1427255

3. Force Pop up #2
This one is the same as Number 2. However it does not freeze the player. However This one is cleaner.
------a. Admins can force a person to view the rules. they can send it to everyone, or an individual person.

Why Do we want this?
Often times we get the "ohh i didnt know the rules of the server" from idiots. This will eliminate that problem, and give us admins a small break. I know there will still be rule breakers out there, but at least we do not have to deal with people claiming they do not know.

What do you guys think?

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if the player doesnt like the rules then kicking them from the server is fine

N.P.P Styx

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Number honestly makes more sense to me.
If we have number 1, virtually no one will look at the rules. Even if an admin does the command, most people will quit out of it immediately.
Number 2 is very unobtrusive, mainly because it doesn't pop up in the middle of the game, and it will make people pay more attention to the rules.
Either way:

Chiefmiest

Server-Clearing Cynic
I Was playing in an unusual serverand the rules pop up when you pick a team and you press 1 if you agree and 2 if you dont and if you press 2 it kicks you out.( You can move throughout the whole thing)

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I Was playing in an unusual serverand the rules pop up when you pick a team and you press 1 if you agree and 2 if you dont and if you press 2 it kicks you out.( You can move throughout the whole thing)
Yes. That is Rawr trade servers. I like their system. The game doesn't freeze or anything..

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
the point of this plugin is to show peopel the rules, make them read them before playing.

however im sure the kicked thing can be taken out.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
no. but they will have no excuse to not read it. and they can non longer claim they never saw the rules anywhere

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
wahhh u have to hit one button when u join a server. its not a big deal

im sure there is an easy way to get it where donators dont jhave too

basiate

Positively Inhumane Poster
Like Zebra said, no big deal. It wouldn't really make a difference to me if I was forced to see the rules.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think it's a big deal tbh, I don't want to click "I accept the rules" every time I join a skial server.

Fine with donators bypassing it though :p