Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah, I know the set of rules we have right now is pretty good, but I've been thinking for a while on how to improve it. I wanted to compress the rules by making them easier to read and straightforward. I also wanted to update the rules (and hopefully this will be the last time a full edit is needed). This isn't the final product. I want to open this up to suggestions and I hope the final version may get approved. I would love to take suggestions on what people can do for an LR, since it seems to be a slippery slope lately. I'm open to tons more suggestions, and I hope other admins who are familiar to Jailbreak might be able to help me out with this some.

The draft so far:

A Hitchhiker's Guide to Skial Jailbreak

How to Play:

• RED team are prisoners, BLU team are guards and a warden

• RED team's goal is to survive the warden's orders or rebel and kill all the BLUs. If you rebel, guards can kill you.

• BLUs must protect The Warden and enforce The Warden's orders.

• The Warden gives orders to the RED team to do games around the map. They can give orders through text or microphone. Last obeying RED standing gets an LR (last request)

• Players automatically join a queue for BLU team when they connect. If you don't want to be in the queue, type /q or !q in chat.
General Rules:

• All Skial server rules apply. http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

• The first round of the map is always a freeday.

• If the warden does not give orders by 7:30, it's automatically a freeday. If you exit your cells before that then guards can kill you for rebelling.

• No ghosting (giving away any information in chat when you're dead).

• Camping the invincible room in Casuarina (The one that no one can get in except 1 person via the toliet, and then no one else), for the entire round is slayable.

RED Team:

• Using the Tardis to get into armory or escape is still rebelling.
  • Trying to break the Peach painting in the Castle map is rebelling if it's not a Freeday.
  • Freeday does not mean you can get ammo unless The Warden specifies

• Detouring or delaying during an order is considered rebelling. It is also considered automatic and The Warden does not have to type this for every order.

• Trying to break into an entrance of armory is rebelling

• Going into armory makes you KOS (kill on sight).

• When the warden orders you to be AFK, that means no taunting, no mouse, no keyboard.

BLU Team:

• No freehitting or freekilling (attacking/killing REDs for no reason.)

• You must kill anyone not following the warden's orders

• Helping the RED team rebel is griefing.

• Starting a game or pressing buttons prematurely is griefing.

• If you are surrounded by four or more REDs, you can open fire until there are under four players or all rebels are dead.

• Do not camp armory for longer than a minute unless armory is surrounded by four or more people.

• Warden can kill you if you are not enforcing their orders.
The Warden:
  • You must give an order before the 7:30 timer.

• You can revoke freeday after the 7:30 timer

• Your goal is to order REDs to play games around the map until the last obeying RED is standing.

• No singling people out for orders.
  • No renaming RED team.
  • You cannot order REDs to do things like no crouching in Bumblebeam, no jumping in fall game, or telling them to do console commands. Telling Scouts not to double jump is fine, however.

• No kill orders (like infinite wipeout, or KILL ALL REDS!)

• No AFK entire round orders.

• You may permit ammo to/on freedays.

• You can kill a guard if they are griefing or not helping your team.

• When you die, it becomes an unrevokeable freeday.

• When the last obeying RED is left, you must give them their LR.
Last Request:
  • The last standing obeying RED gets LR.
  • The next warden cannot deny the LR, otherwise they can be banned.

• The RED may ask for a freeday (FD) next round for no more than two people.
  • The RED may ask for the next warden to do a minigame next round.
Banned Games:
  • Simon Says
  • Opinionated games (hat day, joke day, ect.)

• Warday/Pokemon/Hunger Games

• Hide n Seek

• First Reaction Last Reaction
How To Report Rulebreakers:

Last edited:
Reactions: EwanLan and T-Wayne

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1 except for
Personally,the only thing I agree with is banning console command orders. No crouching in bumblebeam or no jumping in fall game should be part of the game if the warden wishes so and adds a level of difficulty which the REDs must pass.
The rest of the rules are awesome though, and pretty needed.
It doesn't add any difficulty at all. It makes the entire thing luck based. No crouching in bumblebeam when there's 10+ users in there with you? You're out of luck, then. I have never seen anyone win bumblebeam without crouching unless there's only a handful of players. When there's more than that, you can easily crouch and the warden doesn't even see you do it. No jumping in fall game or obby or other games that usually have you jump is silly as well. It's easier to go across the board than leave a few games out as an exception.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm so sorry to jump in there so late, I just haven't found the time to review the suggestion properly.
Now that I have, I can agree to these rules, beside these 2 suggestions:
  • Remove 'No exploiting' rule because Bottiger fixed that some time ago AFAIK.
  • "The next warden cannot deny the LR, otherwise they can be slain." should be changed to "[...] they can be banned"

I was also thinking of allowing snipers to camp in the top of armoury in Minecart since the windows were designed specifically for that.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm so sorry to jump in there so late, I just haven't found the time to review the suggestion properly.
Now that I have, I can agree to these rules, beside these 2 suggestions:

• Remove 'No exploiting' rule because Bottiger fixed that some time ago AFAIK.
    "The next warden cannot deny the LR, otherwise they can be slain." should be changed to "[...] they can be banned"

I was also thinking of allowing snipers to camp in the top of armoury in Minecart since the windows were designed specifically for that.
Edited it! I don't think I plan to include the upper floor of armory in minecart mainly because guards don't go up there very often at all.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Since I'm no longer an admin (my privs will be taken away eventually), I'm asking for someone else to help complete this thing and make it happen. I forgot about it honestly and I feel like it still needs to happen.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Who are the admins that frequent the JB server. I don't feel like looking through everyones stats and if everyone is in agreement I will add it or make a new post or something

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Who are the admins that frequent the JB server. I don't feel like looking through everyones stats and if everyone is in agreement I will add it or make a new post or something
Pretty sure the only admins who really frequent JB now are @Beetlejuice and @TapTap. Meowcenary also goes on very occasionally. We had a few more but they've since resigned.

Beetlejuice

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I go on a lot. I definitely agree with all of these suggestions, especially the console command bullshit. It is a perfect example of little loopholes people on JB find, causing a lot JB rule suggestions to be made.

Nerd

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
+1 I die a lot more then I used to now. And it's not even rebelling.