Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah, I know the set of rules we have right now is pretty good, but I've been thinking for a while on how to improve it. I wanted to compress the rules by making them easier to read and straightforward. I also wanted to update the rules (and hopefully this will be the last time a full edit is needed). This isn't the final product. I want to open this up to suggestions and I hope the final version may get approved. I would love to take suggestions on what people can do for an LR, since it seems to be a slippery slope lately. I'm open to tons more suggestions, and I hope other admins who are familiar to Jailbreak might be able to help me out with this some.

The draft so far:

A Hitchhiker's Guide to Skial Jailbreak

How to Play:

• RED team are prisoners, BLU team are guards and a warden

• RED team's goal is to survive the warden's orders or rebel and kill all the BLUs. If you rebel, guards can kill you.

• BLUs must protect The Warden and enforce The Warden's orders.

• The Warden gives orders to the RED team to do games around the map. They can give orders through text or microphone. Last obeying RED standing gets an LR (last request)

• Players automatically join a queue for BLU team when they connect. If you don't want to be in the queue, type /q or !q in chat.
General Rules:

• All Skial server rules apply. http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

• The first round of the map is always a freeday.

• If the warden does not give orders by 7:30, it's automatically a freeday. If you exit your cells before that then guards can kill you for rebelling.

• No ghosting (giving away any information in chat when you're dead).

• Camping the invincible room in Casuarina (The one that no one can get in except 1 person via the toliet, and then no one else), for the entire round is slayable.

RED Team:

• Using the Tardis to get into armory or escape is still rebelling.
  • Trying to break the Peach painting in the Castle map is rebelling if it's not a Freeday.
  • Freeday does not mean you can get ammo unless The Warden specifies

• Detouring or delaying during an order is considered rebelling. It is also considered automatic and The Warden does not have to type this for every order.

• Trying to break into an entrance of armory is rebelling

• Going into armory makes you KOS (kill on sight).

• When the warden orders you to be AFK, that means no taunting, no mouse, no keyboard.

BLU Team:

• No freehitting or freekilling (attacking/killing REDs for no reason.)

• You must kill anyone not following the warden's orders

• Helping the RED team rebel is griefing.

• Starting a game or pressing buttons prematurely is griefing.

• If you are surrounded by four or more REDs, you can open fire until there are under four players or all rebels are dead.

• Do not camp armory for longer than a minute unless armory is surrounded by four or more people.

• Warden can kill you if you are not enforcing their orders.
The Warden:
  • You must give an order before the 7:30 timer.

• You can revoke freeday after the 7:30 timer

• Your goal is to order REDs to play games around the map until the last obeying RED is standing.

• No singling people out for orders.
  • No renaming RED team.
  • You cannot order REDs to do things like no crouching in Bumblebeam, no jumping in fall game, or telling them to do console commands. Telling Scouts not to double jump is fine, however.

• No kill orders (like infinite wipeout, or KILL ALL REDS!)

• No AFK entire round orders.

• You may permit ammo to/on freedays.

• You can kill a guard if they are griefing or not helping your team.

• When you die, it becomes an unrevokeable freeday.

• When the last obeying RED is left, you must give them their LR.
Last Request:
  • The last standing obeying RED gets LR.
  • The next warden cannot deny the LR, otherwise they can be banned.

• The RED may ask for a freeday (FD) next round for no more than two people.
  • The RED may ask for the next warden to do a minigame next round.
Banned Games:
  • Simon Says
  • Opinionated games (hat day, joke day, ect.)

• Warday/Pokemon/Hunger Games

• Hide n Seek

• First Reaction Last Reaction
How To Report Rulebreakers:

Last edited:
Reactions: EwanLan and T-Wayne

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So I was thinking for LRs, people can request freedays, have the next warden do a certain game next round, RPS the remaining guards, have the next warden have to say something silly after every order (since that seems to be a thing?), or box the guards. There's probably a bunch more stuff but I'm not sure what seems to be the trend right now. I'm gonna post this thread on JB after I get off work tonight and see what they have to say.

Last edited:

185db

Epic Skial Regular
+1

I now understand how to play jailbreak.

• I don't really understand the purpose of this rule. "if you are surrounded by four or more REDs, you can open fire until there are under four players or all rebels are dead." Seems very open to abuse, as the word "surrounded" can be very broad

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
+1

• I don't really understand the purpose of this rule. "if you are surrounded by four or more REDs, you can open fire until there are under four players or all rebels are dead." Seems very open to abuse, as the word "surrounded" can be very broad
No.

That's also known as baiting, basically either blocking in a corner or touching a blue player from all sides.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ban console commands. Just a matter of time before someone makes blue players use command to harm their computer. So far it's +crouch +left ect..ect.....it's fun for now but it's getting more used.

I can just see It now..... a gulable player .......uninstalling tf2 with a new sneaky console command following wardens orders.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ban console commands. Just a matter of time before someone makes blue players use command to harm their computer. So far it's +crouch +left ect..ect.....it's fun for now but it's getting more used.

I can just see It now..... a gulable player .......uninstalling tf2 with a new sneaky console command following wardens orders.
I've already got console commands in there as invalid, but I'll edit it so it's much more clear.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

When this was added there was an issue where REDs would surround a guard and block them from doing anything, and then scream freekill when the guard had to shoot their way out.

EwanLan

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I suggest making the rules against armory camp alot more strict. people use excuses like running in and out of the armory to surpass the armory camp rule.

Reactions: Meowrisa

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@TapTap @Beetlejuice and @Wilson King of Prussia should give their +1 or -1 then.
Or you should message them, Chel, and see if they're up for it.
I used to have complete dominion over the JBrules thread when everyone used to jailbreak accepted the rules, but I feel like now that I've resigned it would be kinda weird, so I would suggest messaging those 3.

Last edited:

Beetlejuice

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
+1
The rules are good to be updated every now and again to get all the little loopholes that people find, because once someone finds a loophole, it spreads like wildfire and before you know it, the whole server is doing it.

EDIT: However, I don't think that the box game thing in minecart is still a problem. Other than that it looks good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meowrisa

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
+1 except for
You cannot order REDs to do things like no crouching in Bumblebeam, no jumping in fall game, or telling them to do console commands. Telling Scouts not to double jump is fine, however.
Personally,the only thing I agree with is banning console command orders. No crouching in bumblebeam or no jumping in fall game should be part of the game if the warden wishes so and adds a level of difficulty which the REDs must pass.
The rest of the rules are awesome though, and pretty needed.