AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
But it leads him to a blue screen (of death -slapped-). He hasn't given me much detail, but this is what I got. Any help so far? I will update post when I get more details.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
know that feel. I recently installed new ram, and was getting the same thing. Roman figured out I needed a bios update. Any other info you could provide?

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
know that feel. I recently installed new ram, and was getting the same thing. Roman figured out I needed a bios update. Any other info you could provide?
Not atm, He is offline. I will update you guys when I find out more information.

Liam839

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
why dont u get ur friend to make a forum acc here so he can explain his situation

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
why dont u get ur friend to make a forum acc here so he can explain his situation
He is usually busy as fuck to check stuff, barely on stuff. Ironically, I see him a lot on facebook, but he may not want to for various retarted reasons. But Yea. I will ask

Liam839

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
just tell him use dirextX8 also has this problem just occured or has he just gotten the game and cant open it?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Have your friend run dxdiag and then use "Save All Information" button to dump all output to the file and post this file here.
2. Have your friend download Memtest86+ and run it to see if he gets any memory-related errors. primarily BSOD's are caused by RAM issues. CPU and Motherboard could be the case too, but not as often as RAM.
3. Have your friend read Link 1 and Link 2.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
we really need more info if you expect any good amount of help

1. computer specs
2. all his drivers up to date
3. windows update up-to-date
4. Does it blue screen on anything else

Have your friend download Memtest86+ and run it to see if he gets any memory-related errors. primarily BSOD's are caused by RAM issues. CPU and Motherboard could be the case too, but not as often as RAM.

most BSOD occur with faulty hardware or something in the bios, like it being out of date. Ram can cause Bsod though

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
Is it only for TF2 or other games as well?

also, try starting the game with the launch option "-autoconfig". If it works, exit the game, delete the launch option and reload tf2.

[CoFR]Mirlen

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
BSOD's will give you some info on WHAT (may have) caused the crash. This can help narrow things down (sometimes). That would be one major piece of info to obtain... Take a digital camera pic of the bluescreen for an easy way to capture it.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's exactly what I've said. Primarily RAM is what causes BSOD though.

ALSO!!! Run the "Blue Screen of Death" tool and post the result here.
Got this when downloading that tool in chrome:
sTyk4.png

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Got this when downloading that tool in chrome:
sTyk4.png

5vOoI.jpg

Scan Statistics:
Scan Time: 1 seconds
Scan Targets: C:\Downloads\bluescreenview.zip
Counts: