Status
Not open for further replies.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I initially wanted the rule to be removed but it'd make skial a homophobic and sexist community..

The rule is too vague. I've never seen an admin punish someone for insulting a female, for instance. Everytime someone reports a person for sexism/discrimination (which is rare), most admins say "client mute". So why is there a rule in the first place? You should specify exactly what is meant by insults, just like how you specified what racism is by providing examples.

When people type in !rules or go on skial.com to check the server rules they see that insults to gender and sexual orientations are against the rules. Insults means what it means. So if we followed that guideline, any kind of insult would be worth reporting. Then admins would be overwhelmed by the amount of reports from fragile souls that can't handle trash talks.

It's tricky to enforce such a rule due to the degree of the insults, so at least make it clear once and for all so nobody brings this topic up again and makes a debate about it. Players are not familiar with skial's policy on the matter. They don't know what is considered "serious insults". You need to inform them better. Maybe there is a reason why people don't even bother reporting cases of insults because they always end up being declined. It can be frustrating as they think they're doing good by reporting something that is against the rules by definition but then get told that it's not "serious" enough. So maybe having something like

Racism and other insults to gender, religion and sexual orientation. Does not include discussion of why it is against the rules.
  • Any form of the word nigger (nigga, nigg, etc.) is not allowed even if you are just quoting a rap song or you are black, to prevent racists and kids using the same excuse.
  • Generic insults are allowed (faggot, whore, etc.)
  • Insults like "you cock thirsty slut shouldn't play video games and should go clean your house instead then spread your legs afterwards so your bf can reward you for your good work", "don't use your mic you fucking queer, you're spreading aids to all the people in the server because of all the cocks that have entered your nasty asshole. You faggots need to die for the straight people to live in a better place", etc. may result in silences.
would be better.

EDIT: to sum up, either modify by adding at least one bullet point to clarify, because skial is not enforcing the rule whatsoever, or even remove it completely.

Last edited:

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Skial isn't known for being half-assed. You're half-assing the rule against gender discrimination.

Stop that.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
"Go away you dumb kitchen slut"

It's an insult, don't like it client mute them. No one has ever been banned for that for a reason. If this was actually inforced lots of people would be banned such as saying "Faggot" or "whore". You can even say these stuff in League of Legends without getting warned when that game is the most sensitive game in the world.

"Go away you dumb NIGGER kitchen slut"

Now THAT'S bannable, because of racism. I don't know why this thread is still going on.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"Go away you dumb kitchen slut"

It's an insult, don't like it client mute them. No one has ever been banned for that for a reason. If this was actually inforced lots of people would be banned such as saying "Faggot" or "whore". You can even say these stuff in League of Legends without getting warned when that game is the most sensitive game in the world.

"Go away you dumb NIGGER kitchen slut"

Now THAT'S bannable, because of racism. I don't know why this thread is still going on.
The words "dumb kitchen slut" are radically more offensive and are associated with targeting women. "Faggot" by itself does not exist to stir up hatred against a demographic. "Bitch" does not stir up hatred against a demographic. "Faggots should die" and "Kitchen slut" specifically target two demographics.

Fairnessplease

First of all I'd like to say for the people who are dumb rating me, imagine if someone did this to you and how would you feel? Thank you.

Also to the post above I've seen these insults spew out into every Skial server and no one has been banned for it in my past 5 years in being here, because it's an insult. No admin here; including Zebra or Maddo would ever ban something like that. This is 2016, I've seen people say these insults to me and I don't give care at all. The thing is that I have the ability to mute them. This are insults, but yes I agree their BAD insults, but they fall under the category of insults. Don't get to sensitive over it, like Trump said, "if you ain't like someone, ignore them".

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For the "sticks and stones" argument, your exactly right... can we start treating "nigger" as just a word and move on.

Words have only the power we give to them, if you're saying insults are allowed then even the worst should be allowed.

Every rule should be enforced, the current state of giving examples leads to them being the only thing admins can base things on... I realise Bottiger can't just make a giant list of words, so just remove them all.

Don't remember who said that racism happens more than sexism/sexual orientation etc. (apologies, posting from phone), but I don't think this is true... it's simply that people see "nigger" listed in the rules, so it is clear. If I report someone for saying "nigger", I know they'll be muted- if I were to report someone for sexism it somehow always leads to "it's just an insult, client mute them"- even though both are rules.

Last edited:

Fairnessplease

For the "sticks and stones" argument, your exactly right... can we start treating "nigger" as just a word and move on.

Words have only the power we give to them, if you're saying insults are allowed then even the worst should be allowed.

Every rule should be enforced, the current state of giving examples leads to them being the only thing admins can base things on... I realise Bottinger can't just make a giant list of words, so just remove them all.

Don't remember who said that racism happens more than sexism/sexual orientation etc. (apologies, posting from phone), but I don't think this is true... it's simply that people see "nigger" listed in the rules, so it is clear. If I report someone for saying "nigger", I know they'll be muted- if I were to report someone for sexism it somehow always leads to "it's just an insult, client mute them"- even though both are rules.

Thanks for rating my post funny by the way, when I didn't rate you at all. Anyways,

You still don't get it, Maddo argument was right. The word "Nigger" has nothing to do what he said. He is talking about the gender situation. I have said "kitchen slut" and "kitchen whore" at least more than 50 times in my past 5 years of Skial, and I never got muted. I said these as a joke however, but most mods don't ban for things like this because it's insults and would be stupid. Racism is more powerful especially in today's society, and has been a fine line in all Skial servers. Gender insults, no one cares about, and the 99% of admins don't care about it either.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First of all I'd like to say for the people who are dumb rating me, imagine if someone did this to you and how would you feel? Thank you.

I know, right?

hypocrite.png

Also to the post above I've seen these insults spew out into every Skial server and no one has been banned for it in my past 5 years in being here, because it's an insult. No admin here; including Zebra or Maddo would ever ban something like that. This is 2016, I've seen people say these insults to me and I don't give care at all. The thing is that I have the ability to mute them. This are insults, but yes I agree their BAD insults, but they fall under the category of insults. Don't get to sensitive over it, like Trump said, "if you ain't like someone, ignore them".

Some of us agree, that's why the title is "Modify/remove", I believe the rule should probably be removed- because it isn't being followed.

Reactions: -Wolfrenium-

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thanks for rating my post funny by the way, when I didn't rate you at all. Anyways,

Yeah you did, next.

You still don't get it, Maddo argument was right. The word "Nigger" has nothing to do what he said. He is talking about the gender situation. I have said "kitchen slut" and "kitchen whore" at least more than 50 times in my past 5 years of Skial, and I never got muted.

Exactly my point, if the rules were followed then you should've been muted. It is in the rules that you aren't allowed to be sexist, the rules do not say anything like "if you are insulting someone then this is fine", because that is wrong- if insults were allowed, then "nigger" would be allowed... as that is an insult to black people.

Reactions: OnYourMark ✿

Fairnessplease

Yeah you did, next.

Exactly my point, if the rules were followed then you should've been muted. It is in the rules that you aren't allowed to be sexist, the rules do not say anything like "if you are insulting someone then this is fine", because that is wrong- if insults were allowed, then "nigger" would be allowed... as that is an insult to black people.

Insults does not equal racism. The word Nigger has nothing to do with the word Kitchen Slut. Most of the admins here find "Kitchen Slut" as an insults, not racism. If I called someone a "Nigger" then I'd be banned, in which I have before. But not even once have I been banned for insults in my past 5 years of playing Skial and over 2000 hours, not once. Not even muted, because they would never ban for it.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I dumb rated you because you dumb rated me, and I said already that hurts my feelings?
This isn't the place to cry about getting a rating that you can very easily ignore.
And like others have said, either enforce the rule or remove it completely, I'm shocked this is already at page 7.

And @EatMyMaymays , I am not crying about rating. You really don't get when people rate you on these public forums DUMBE it makes you look dumbe, and when the whole train gang rates me dumbe. I'm trying to express my opinions on the issue that it's INSULTS and has been like that for years. I remember a time when someone reported this and it got denied, because one of the admins SPECIFICALLY SAID he will never ban for that.
Don't act like you're not crying about it, you get upset every time you get a dumb rating. Which doesn't even make sense, it's just an opinion about your post it's not like they are directly saying you're stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Wolfrenium-

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Insults does not equal racism. The word Nigger has nothing to do with the word Kitchen Slut. Most of the admins here find "Kitchen Slut" as an insults, not racism. If I called someone a "Nigger" then I'd be banned, in which I have before. But not even once have I been banned for insults in my past 5 years of playing Skial and over 2000 hours, not once. Not even muted, because they would never ban for it.

You aren't understanding what I am saying.

1. Read The Rules
  2. Note Rule #5, "Racism and other insults to gender, religion and sexual orientation. Does not include discussion of why it is against the rules."
  3. Skial admins currently do not enforce the bold section of the above rule
  4. Therefore, this should either be:
    1. Enforced (mute people for: insults to gender and religion and sexual orientation
    2. Removed (remove the rule if it isn't being enforced)
    3. Updated/Clarified (add bullet points for what exactly qualifies as gender/religion.

Fairnessplease

This isn't the place to cry about getting a rating that you can very easily ignore.
And like others have said, either enforce the rule or remove it completely, I'm shocked this is already at page 7.

You really don't get why I am saying. I don't know if people who are dumbe raintg me are just dumbe or annoying, but you need to understand that the rule is already there. But no admin bans for it because they don't care for the rule. It's simple a insult. People over and over have called me these types of names, but I just muted them, because it's simply an INSULT. I almost know if the rule is in there, then at this point of stage, admins will still NOT ban for it, because it's stupid. The word NIGGER is more powerful than insults. If I called someone NIGGGGGEER then I should be banned, or muted. If I called someone NIGGER KITCHEN SLUT, I'd still be banned. If I called someone or someone called me KITCHEN SLUT BITCH then I should NOT be banned because it's an INSULT. No one has been banned for that.

Fairnessplease

And @EatMyMaymays , I am not crying about rating. You really don't get when people rate you on these public forums DUMBE it makes you look dumbe, and when the whole train gang rates me dumbe. I'm trying to express my opinions on the issue that it's INSULTS and has been like that for years. I remember a time when someone reported this and it got denied, because one of the admins SPECIFICALLY SAID he will never ban for that.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You really don't get why I am saying. I don't know if people who are dumbe raintg me are just dumbe or annoying, but you need to understand that the rule is already there. But no admin bans for it because they don't care for the rule. It's simple a insult.

The rule specifically says that insults are mutable offenses, but it is not being followed- so it should be removed.

Admins should not enforce based on their personal opinions, they should be enforcing them based on what Bottiger has said- they can use their discretion for some things, but if a rule is there- it has to be followed.

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnYourMark ✿

Fairnessplease

I'm not crying about ratings, I'm expressing my damn opinion on it that when I say what I think in from my thinking, then everyone thinks I'm dumbe. I'm not the one rating anyone here dumbe because I am actually listening to other people's opinion. I am simply stating that 3 years ago we never had the problem of this rule because no one cared. No one bans for it. I have only seen one report of this a few years ago and it was simply ignored because the admin said it was an INSULT and they should CLIENT mute them.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
the dumb rating is there to rate your opinions dumb im sorry i have to reveal this to you

Status
Not open for further replies.