Lowballers...

Discussion in 'Trade Chat' started by Jakob, Feb 17, 2015.

  1. Jakob

    Jakob Sufficiently Lethal Scout

    Steam:

    We all know them, recently I've been buying things 10% off backpack.tf price. I've been selling them on Bazaar.tf, I've gotten some pretty serious lowballers lately. Yesterday I got a bid on my conga which only contained a scrap... Anyone have any experiences or stories to share about the topic?
     
  2. DavidtheTurkey

    DavidtheTurkey Legendary Skial King Contributor

    Steam:

    I did it once. Made profit.
     
  3. Sargent¥

    Sargent¥ Trade Moderator Staff Member

    Steam:

    I always lowball on unusuals w/ pure, usually goes through.
     
  4. KillerZebra

    KillerZebra Forum Admin Staff Member Contributor

    Steam:

    I just threaten to ban people from Skial if they don't give me what I want
     
  5. Party Chocobo

    Party Chocobo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

    Steam:

    I can believe this
     
  6. DavidtheTurkey

    DavidtheTurkey Legendary Skial King Contributor

    Steam:

    Nice.
     
  7. Sargent¥

    Sargent¥ Trade Moderator Staff Member

    Steam:

    How long of a veteran do you need to be to be able to do this?
     
  8. Bottiger

    Bottiger Administrator Staff Member

    Steam:

    Lowballing is how most traders make a profit. You should read the sharking report by whoisthescorpion who decided to out all of the major traders once he was done sharking himself after posting a picture of his BMW on Steam.

    95% of the major traders are sharkers and the other 5% use their jobs to pay for their collection.
     
  9. Meowcenary

    Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

    Steam:

    Is there a link to it anywhere?

    Tried googling it but only came up with some weird middle eastern trading stuff.
     
  10. Bottiger

    Bottiger Administrator Staff Member

    Steam:

    Maybe try searching here. I don't feel like digging it out.
     
  11. Dave

    Dave TF2 Admin Contributor

    Steam:

    I know your just kidding BUT for many people who don't know you....it very well could be taken out of "context" and use this against you. Steem could even consider this as a theat to trick or gain players items. ( I know your not)

    Please be carefull, You and the other admins and doing a wonderfull job.


    Thanks, Dave
     
  12. shoo

    shoo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

    Steam:

    I can 100% assure you that Zebra doesn't care.

    and if anyone takes it seriously they deserve to get their shit sharked off them
     
  13. StaticVoid

    StaticVoid Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

    Steam:

    your inability to spell makes your statement so much better
     
  14. Dave

    Dave TF2 Admin Contributor

    Steam:

    Grammar Nazi
    Definition one: Somebody whose either losing an argument and needs to create a diversion.

    Definition Two: Somebody who has the analytical and decrypting skills of an autistic 6 year old who cannot recognize a routinely based word if it even has a liiitle typo or misplacement that anybody with a brain would so easily recognize. This person is often impossible to communicate with due to the need to spell every single thing perfectly or else they will get confused due to their poor description and analytical skills. Everything taught to them after grade 1 fades out of their mind in no more than 2 minutes. Talking to them is like talking to a wall.
     
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  15. Silver Ag

    Silver Ag Australian Skial God Contributor

    Steam:

    Edgy
     
  16. Faron

    Faron Forum Admin Staff Member Contributor

    Steam:

  17. Jakob

    Jakob Sufficiently Lethal Scout

    Steam:

    Yes, but there is a difference between offering 20% off an item and offering a scrap for a conga.
     
  18. Future_Model

    Future_Model Scarcely Lethal Noob

    Steam:

    I guess its just people trying to get lucky, pretty annoying really but its sort of like extreme bargaining
     
  19. Renegade

    Renegade Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

    Steam:

    Traders who make tons lowball when they're buying and highball when they're selling. That's how you make profit and that's how its always been. Complaining about it makes no sense because everyone has done it. It's up to you to decide whether it's too high or too low.
     
  20. Odin Borson

    Odin Borson TF2 Admin Contributor

    Steam:

    Geez the Necro bump.