Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, a lot of people go to the Jailbreak server everyday. However, not every one of them are regulars. Along with that, not everyone understands the rules for Jailbreak 100%. This is just a suggestion so please don't shoot me down immediately. Since there is a command for the general set of rules for every Skial server, could there possibly be a command that brings up the Jailbreak rules?

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
ti815k292u9tezbfg.jpg

the main rules are said when a new round start
other rules will be told by regs if they break a rule and they will be able to go check the forum for more rules if they don't want to take a regular or moderators word for it

Why not? Just connect the command "!jbrules" with the rules Drum wrote up in his suggestion and then slap it on the servers!

Shouldn't be hard at all for Bottiger to do and it doesn't really contribute anything negative, just a small (but effective) way of helping people get a grasp on Jailbreak.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
On round start and on connect JB already puts the rules in the chat. However, we could really use a !jrules or !jbrules command.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
On round start and on connect JB already puts the rules in the chat. However, we could really use a !jrules or !jbrules command.

I will admit the times I have joined I had no clue of what the point or rules were. I would ask and get all sorts of different answers on what the rules or objectives were. This is what made this less than enjoyable and have not really played it since. I am all for the console commands to observe the rules.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I uh.. I think this thread has been made at least twice already.

:facepalm:

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Why not? Just connect the command "!jbrules" with the rules Drum wrote up in his suggestion and then slap it on the servers!

Shouldn't be hard at all for Bottiger to do and it doesn't really contribute anything negative, just a small (but effective) way of helping people get a grasp on Jailbreak.
How often does bottiger go through the trouble of adding small stuff like to a server i dont think he really gives a shit about it honestly

How often does bottiger go through the trouble of adding small stuff like to a server i dont think he really gives a shit about it honestly

But he do care about the quantity of players and the traffic to servers, and if he make a small change that could prevent some of those players from getting themself banned for stupid reasons, then it's honestly a worthwhile addition for him to add.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
People don't get banned for stupid reason. They get warned, kicked with warning, and if they still keep breaking the rules (while freekilling is mentioned every round in the chat), then there will be action taken against it. But 2 warnings atleast are given if they did miss the rule every round mentioned in the chat. But that's my opinion. ^^

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think it'd just be a good idea for a command or something to show the rules of Jailbreak since not everyone who goes to the server listens to the regulars or follows the rules.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can we please do this? There's too many people that don't know the rules to Jailbreak and constantly do stuff they aren't supposed to do.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Encountered OP on Jailbreak today. He seems to think that wardens can't allow prisoners to enter the armory, that you can armory camp even when constantly leaving the armory, and that the last guard alive after the warden dies is stalling if he doesn't do anything about the remaining REDs that haven't rebelled.
I can't see this thread going anywhere productive. A lock would be cool.

Reactions: sboles

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Dave, it's against the Jailbreak rules for reds to enter the armory. And, if a guard exits the armory and immediately goes back in constantly, I'm pretty sure that's considered camping because he's making no effort to leave the area. And when you were the last guard alive, all you were doing was running around pointlessly. That's considered delaying. The server needs a command to show the rules for Jailbreak.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Lady posted the rules as the first reply. They're right there if you want to look at them yourself.