Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
Jailbreak has many issues and not all the reports get passed or even handled. There are jailbreak moderators but they are limited to their actions. Is there any possible chance to get an admin that is aware of the rules on jailbreak, spends time there as well, maybe often if possible.

For example Yulani aka LadyPimpernal. I know she would do a great job since she does a lot already. But again, she is only limited in her actions. She is kind, helpful, has a pleasant attitude and good at explaining the rules to players. She will only ever kick someone - which is very rare may I add - for valid reasons such as they are on a free killing spree or they are being racist. Some examples of Lady's kind attitude acknowledged by players include: 'Kind and friendly, fairly level-headed, and plays jailbreak so much that it's astounding. Plus, she handles many reports often, and handles them quickly and well.' 'Very level-minded, calm, rational, and great people skills, +1,' and quite frankly '' +1 does the job' .

Another example of someone who I think deserves to be an admin but it only a moderator is Avenger! Yes Avenger is another one of those people who I believe works so hard for the server at Jailbreak but does not get the credit he deserves. Of course through Jailbreak you can't gain any credit, I believe someone being given admin ship is the utmost credit people like these guys deserve. Avenger is helpful, friendly, funny and mature. He will deal with the problem he is faced with instantly and with no arguments. Examples of his kind work from players include : 'Known him since he got his new steam account. He plays the game all the time and he'd how to handle a rule-breaking situation.' '+1 very chill and a pleasure to game with.' .

As you can see, these kinds of moderators work too hard for the praise that they get. I believe this needs to be revisited and in conclusion I am suggesting that people such as Yulani and Avenger be given better conditions for their devotion.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor

As it says. Blindly trusting words from a moderator for bans/silences yet call the moderator not able to be admin because "would abuse powers"... It's just odd and I don't get it.. If you prefer privatly to continue?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't blindly do it. I ask what the person did, if he got warned, and maybe i check the logs and events.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
In an attempt to get the jailbreak under more "control" and to get the jailbreak mods more publicity, i created a group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-jailbreak-mods

If an admin would like to be in the group please let me know. But only do so if you intend to go to jailbreak if requested by a jailbreak mod.

We will see how it goes, I have been very busy lately but i will do what i can. I will see if i can get bottiger to put a link to this group on skials main group.

Reactions: Questionable Moose

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
I don't blindly do it. I ask what the person did, if he got warned, and maybe i check the logs and events.

I always give up the reason and I always have proof ready if requested. Maybe you don't do it blindly but enough admins do. No single admin got in trouble for taking my word and they know I will post the evidence if it's requested. ^^ *optimistic*

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
In an attempt to get the jailbreak under more "control" and to get the jailbreak mods more publicity, i created a group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skail-jailbreak-mods

If an admin would like to be in the group please let me know. But only do so if you intend to go to jailbreak if requested by a jailbreak mod.

We will see how it goes, I have been very busy lately but i will do what i can. I will see if i can get bottiger to put a link to this group on skials main group.

Please add me to that group.

Admins try to cover ALL the servers as much as they can. There is going to be certain times of the day that most Admins are going to be away for school, jobs or whatever. The best that can be done is make a report with screenshots or demos and it makes the response time quicker.

I understand it can be frustrating when players are breaking rules and a quick response does not happen but admins and mods are doing as much as possible.

I mean admins who regularly play on jailbreak, not a jailbreak-specific admin.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
This is how i am hoping it will work. People add jailbreak mods for help. Jailbreak mods go in and do what they do. If they need an admins help, they can pm an admin or post a report. An admin will silence or ban the person when needed on the website. The jailbreak mod can then kick the person. When that person reconnect is will be resolved.

Reactions: Drum

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Suddenly, compliments
Anyways, yes, I try to do what I can to calm this chaos that always is Jailbreak
It doesn't help that I'm constantly accused of aimbot, though

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
This is how i am hoping it will work. People add jailbreak mods for help. Jailbreak mods go in and do what they do. If they need an admins help, they can pm an admin or post a report. An admin will silence or ban the person when needed on the website. The jailbreak mod can then kick the person. When that person reconnect is will be resolved.

But I am there often yet I need admins and it takes a long time because either the admin is "busy", "away", "unaware of the rules", "not interested to get involved with jailbeak", "can't download the map", ... and that's the annoying part, it can take up to hours and i can't stay the whole time kicking the rulebreakers who keep joining and rulebreaking D:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
U know damn well how long it takes to get fixed those reports: either gwor or chuck pass by or i spam them to admins.. Oterwise: unhandled.. Thats hat my complaints were to you..