Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
Jailbreak has many issues and not all the reports get passed or even handled. There are jailbreak moderators but they are limited to their actions. Is there any possible chance to get an admin that is aware of the rules on jailbreak, spends time there as well, maybe often if possible.

For example Yulani aka LadyPimpernal. I know she would do a great job since she does a lot already. But again, she is only limited in her actions. She is kind, helpful, has a pleasant attitude and good at explaining the rules to players. She will only ever kick someone - which is very rare may I add - for valid reasons such as they are on a free killing spree or they are being racist. Some examples of Lady's kind attitude acknowledged by players include: 'Kind and friendly, fairly level-headed, and plays jailbreak so much that it's astounding. Plus, she handles many reports often, and handles them quickly and well.' 'Very level-minded, calm, rational, and great people skills, +1,' and quite frankly '' +1 does the job' .

Another example of someone who I think deserves to be an admin but it only a moderator is Avenger! Yes Avenger is another one of those people who I believe works so hard for the server at Jailbreak but does not get the credit he deserves. Of course through Jailbreak you can't gain any credit, I believe someone being given admin ship is the utmost credit people like these guys deserve. Avenger is helpful, friendly, funny and mature. He will deal with the problem he is faced with instantly and with no arguments. Examples of his kind work from players include : 'Known him since he got his new steam account. He plays the game all the time and he'd how to handle a rule-breaking situation.' '+1 very chill and a pleasure to game with.' .

As you can see, these kinds of moderators work too hard for the praise that they get. I believe this needs to be revisited and in conclusion I am suggesting that people such as Yulani and Avenger be given better conditions for their devotion.

[S.I.B.] Wolf Princess Von Toto

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
He's asking for people that have applied for admin but have been denied or haven't been looked at too become admins. Jail break doesn't need more, they have mods that deal with people and can call actual admins in when needed.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Avenger isn't a mod, I am.
Me and avenger go on there and he helps me spot griefers/exploiters.
So all the "moderating" you see avenger doing is someone else.
And about them getting admin, that's up to the other admins.

Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
Ah Seth are you sboles? If so I would've included you but I don't see you on the server as much :P

Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
What I meant by Avenger moderating wasn't the actual moderator role but the actual job of moderating i.e looking out for griefers and exploiters.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
It would be nice to see more admins on the server. Mods are only so good, because they are limited.

I used to main Jailbreak all the time, but I can't really get on much anymore due to college, work, and other stuff.

Yulani has been declined for admin, if Avenger put an app in he stands a good chance.

Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
Dude I am not saying that Yulani and Avenger are the only people that deserve Adminship. I am implying that people like them and also them deserve it. I used them as examples due to there good mannerisms :)

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It would be nice to see more admins on the server. Mods are only so good, because they are limited.

I used to main Jailbreak all the time, but I can't really get on much anymore due to college, work, and other stuff.

Yulani has been declined for admin, if Avenger put an app in he stands a good chance.

Admins try to cover ALL the servers as much as they can. There is going to be certain times of the day that most Admins are going to be away for school, jobs or whatever. The best that can be done is make a report with screenshots or demos and it makes the response time quicker.

I understand it can be frustrating when players are breaking rules and a quick response does not happen but admins and mods are doing as much as possible.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
We do not give out admin for one particular server. The only reason we have jailbreak mods is because that feature is built into the jailbreak plugin.

People can always apply for jailbreak mod in the admin applications. You just need to be clear that you are applying for a jailbreak mod spot, and not an administrator spot.
http://www.skial.com/forums/admin-applications.23/

We have around five jailbreak mods, and only two of them seem to be active. However there really isn't anyone we can really trust to be a moderator without abusing it. This is why i suggest making an admin app to be a jailbreak mod.

Moderators can always get an admin to ban or silence someone, it is not a big deal. Most of the admins do not play on custom servers and you cannot really force them to.

Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
Really? Declined? Is this the type of community Skial is about? If someone tries to leave a 'suggestion' as the bloody thread states, They get instantly declined? Is Skial not about the voice of the people (Players) but rather what the admins want? Is Skial the type of community where the admins get the first and final say?

Dual

Mildly Menacing Medic
We do not give out admin for one particular server. The only reason we have jailbreak mods is because that feature is built into the jailbreak plugin.

People can always apply for jailbreak mod in the admin applications. You just need to be clear that you are applying for a jailbreak mod spot, and not an administrator spot.
http://www.skial.com/forums/admin-applications.23/

We have around five jailbreak mods, and only two of them seem to be active. However there really isn't anyone we can really trust to be a moderator without abusing it. This is why i suggest making an admin app to be a jailbreak mod.

Moderators can always get an admin to ban or silence someone, it is not a big deal. Most of the admins do not play on custom servers and you cannot really force them to.

'This is why i suggest making an admin app to be a jailbreak mod.' Has cleared up a lot :) Thank you I understand now - but seriously you guys are taking this suggestion too literally and not reading what I have said, You just saw the words Yulani, Avenger and Admin so you summarized that this thread is about these things and only these things...

Kairi

Banned
Contributor

I think I have complained to you enough how frustrating it is to get one in? I think Ruelel can state this too. Because in the end I often call in Ruelel to help me out. Because kicking and slaying isn't always helping. I kick many players for vote-abuse or freekilling or racism but often still need an admin. Reports stay open for a long while unless I spam them to admins.

Also thank you Dual, was kind of you to say things like that about Avenger and me. ^^

And seriously, my admin app got denied eventually for "complaining" which was true unlike all the other reasons but I complained about how my adminapp got denied/undenied/denied/undenied and the only thing i ever requested was a valid reason where drum said to me "I can't give you that, it will be give to you after we took new admins" which was crap imo because everyone else knew their reason immediatly. So yes, i know i complained to admins but see it from my point of view: got played around and the admin who fought for the closure got it denied.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I read everything that you said.
As you can see, these kinds of moderators work too hard for the praise that they get. I believe this needs to be revisited and in conclusion I am suggesting that people such as Yulani and Avenger be given better conditions for their devotion.

You said this thread is about those things, i was just responding to it.

There isn't any doubt that something needs to be done about jailbreak. Bottiger, the head admin, realizes this and is trying to work on something. I do not know what he has got or when he will be done. For the time being all i can suggest for you is to get trustworthy people to make "jailbreak mod" admin apps. And if it gets to the point to where you need an admins help, they can pm us.

Little_Lano

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor

If most Admins ban the people moderators ask to be banned, I don't see why the moderators have to go through the trouble of asking admins or the admins of doing a ban when the moderators ask for one. Why not give the power to the moderators?

Also, surely if you are doing the bans you are trusting the moderators judgement. If someone is deemed trust worthy enough to be a moderator, I don't see why they aren't deemed worthy enough to become a n admin.

If the answer is because they can't be made admin for just one server then why are normal admins allowed to admin both sets of servers? Surely if you think they are good enough to admin Jailbreak they should be good enough to admin all of skials servers.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If we trust a person to be a jailbreak mod, then I trust them to give me correct information. If they say a person needs to be banned or silenced, i will do it.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
If we trust a person to be a jailbreak mod, then I trust them to give me correct information. If they say a person needs to be banned or silenced, i will do it.

And if no issues have been occured after all those blindly trusted bans/silences.. How can you still call that moderator "would abuse powers if becomes admin"? Just asking. Just asking...