• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

SELECT UP TO 2 CLASSES YOU WOULD KILL OFF

• Total voters

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Engineer simply because the impact it has on so many "deathmatchy" maps. Having two engineers on your team or the enemy team simply turns a fun mid battle into a turtlefest. I all but stopped playing on turbine because of those little shits.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I do admit that turbine is bullshit with engineers

but otherwise no, fuck all of you, he's the best

I don't think people dislike the class in and of itself. There just tends to be a fucking congregation of them like ducks when one person starts engying, 4 more start. If it were just one or two I don't mind the class, I just hate when over half my team is engineer, and over half the enemy team is.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Remove engineer and Turbine becomes actually playable again, without one team being stalled in their base. :>

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, when talking about multiplayer first person shooters everything goes back to the source being Unreal Tournament and Quake 2/3. In those games everything came down to skill. Players could strafe and jump very fast, so even with a rocket launcher with splash damage, it was not evident to hit an enemy. The really skilled ones even used the railgun.
Rail gun isn't really a skill gun, especially instagib, I always found the real skill was with the lightning gun. pushing someone up a wall with it's amazing knockback was an art form. The main difference between quake, UT and TF2 is that old school everyone had the same weapons, no vampiric black box, no medic to keep you healthy, a lot of the game was centered around the red armour. and bunny hopping actually increased your speed quite considerably. But I digress..
My most hated class to play against is spy, closely followed by sniper, just because they usually kill you by utilising stealth, the sneaky bastards. I would however get rid of the medic first , closely followed by engy, or at least just ban sentries.
If you killed off spy, there would be less need for pyro to hang around nests so much, so could be utilised more in pushes, defense walls, etc. Also engy would become OP without spies.
Sniper could be killed off with no real down side.

I would like to see something like a ninja added as a 10th class, grappling hook, smoke bombs, camouflage and throwing stars, fast with huge jumps, but low initial health (~75hp).

Reactions: T-Wayne

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Rail gun isn't really a skill gun, especially instagib, I always found the real skill was with the lightning gun. pushing someone up a wall with it's amazing knockback was an art form. The main difference between quake, UT and TF2 is that old school everyone had the same weapons, no vampiric black box, no medic to keep you healthy, a lot of the game was centered around the red armour. and bunny hopping actually increased your speed quite considerably. But I digress..
My most hated class to play against is spy, closely followed by sniper, just because they usually kill you by utilising stealth, the sneaky bastards. I would however get rid of the medic first , closely followed by engy, or at least just ban sentries.
If you killed off spy, there would be less need for pyro to hang around nests so much, so could be utilised more in pushes, defense walls, etc. Also engy would become OP without spies.
Sniper could be killed off with no real down side.

I would like to see something like a ninja added as a 10th class, grappling hook, smoke bombs, camouflage and throwing stars, fast with huge jumps, but low initial health (~75hp).
You're looking at a mixture between the Spy and Scout. That wouldn't be that bad tbh.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@EveryoneOnThisThread.

Boo hoo I suck at video games and can't kill the engie, a very easily killable class.

I say remove medic. Heals 2 op. Those medics healing snipers on 2for man.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@EveryoneOnThisThread.

Boo hoo I suck at video games and can't kill the engie, a very easily killable class.

I say remove medic. Heals 2 op. Those medics healing snipers on 2for man.

You failed to understand peoples most basic complaint with the engineer. Nobody said he was hard to kill, most peoples complaint is it kills the flow of a server when there are multiple engineers, moreso then when there are multiple of every class. But, it's much better to instantly start attacking everyone and calling them bad in a discussion instead of bothering to read, that's always the smart route.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You failed to understand peoples most basic complaint with the engineer. Nobody said he was hard to kill, most peoples complaint is it kills the flow of a server when there are multiple engineers, moreso then when there are multiple of every class. But, it's much better to instantly start attacking everyone and calling them bad in a discussion instead of bothering to read, that's always the smart route.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Scout is the best 1v1 class. A good scout will always destroy a good heavy.

Really depends on the map, the area the scout has to work with among other things. I think theorycrafting is kind of pointless. I agree with the general idea of his post though, that heavy doesn't have much reward for improving at because there isn't very much to improve at.

Gameboy.exe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Actually I like pyro but the heavy doesn't get any love but the one I hate most of all is the engineer with the mini-sentries all over the map. It makes the round full of raging kids...

NOTE: This is my opinion. If you dont agree with me, thats fine.

Last edited: