• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
[Skipped over technical shit, goes straight to imagining Bottiger facepalming at his comp over stupidity]
Nooooooo bottiger got a concusion.

But in all seriousness their real mistake was not researching the topic before trying to prove other people wrong, god know's we've all made that mistake though, so I can't really fault the people that came on here trying to defend capt.

Don't really appreciate them essentially calling us stupid though.

Toxik

Contributor
Lol.
I leave one little comment in his forum and they lock the thread, I don't even get a chance to defend myself, talk about pussies.
http://forum.mikelat.com/index.php?topic=1216.30
I still vote for this guy to still be banned, he wouldn't have gone through all this effort if he hadn't cheated. Skial servers just have less latency and all the settings that he likes, but he cheated thinking he wouldn't get caught, and so should suffer the consequences.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Meh, at least now if anyone else suspects him of cheating they can just put his Steam id in google and this'll pop up.

STEAM_0:1:23290102

Photek

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Lol.
I leave one little comment in his forum and they lock the thread, I don't even get a chance to defend myself, talk about pussies.
I still vote for this guy to still be banned, he wouldn't have gone through all this effort if he hadn't cheated. Skial servers just have less latency and all the settings that he likes, but he cheated thinking he wouldn't get caught, and so should suffer the consequences.
The only thing that caught my attention was his pic, is that a man in a dress?:suspicious:

Sierra

Unremarkable User
Lol.

You would be lying. The topic is not locked, nor will it be locked. Unless you wish to break decency rules and go beyond your initial post.

Also, if the software isn't broke then why are you having multiple false detections and there is even a thread on the detection software forum about the confidence of auto_trigger 1 and 2. I understand that sometimes software doesn't do what you want it to do, but the blind faith put into a 3rd party module when you can use your own "expertise" to detect these "hackers" should out weigh something that is apparently broken.

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
You would be lying. The topic is not locked, nor will it be locked. Unless you wish to break decency rules and go beyond your initial post.

Also, if the software isn't broke then why are you having multiple false detections and there is even a thread on the detection software forum about the confidence of auto_trigger 1 and 2. I understand that sometimes software doesn't do what you want it to do, but the blind faith put into a 3rd party module when you can use your own "expertise" to detect these "hackers" should out weigh something that is apparently broken.

You've been invited to, but couldn't, provide evidence of a false detection. What makes you think that you have any credibility when all you do is parrot the same lines over and over again? There are thousands of players on the servers but only a handful are having problems. If the program is so flawed, why isn't it registering events constantly? Why can't you recreate a false positive with all of your "knowledge" of the program?

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I seriously doubt we had ANY false detections to date, I believe that if the first offender's ban wasn't lifted because of the vote we wouldn't have this thread at all.

Sierra

Unremarkable User
You've been invited to, but couldn't, provide evidence of a false detection. What makes you think that you have any credibility when all you do is parrot the same lines over and over again? There are thousands of players on the servers but only a handful are having problems. If the program is so flawed, why isn't it registering events constantly? Why can't you recreate a false positive with all of your "knowledge" of the program?
Its already been proven, twice now. I don't know how much more evidence you want other than that. I suppose in your sample size you've concluded that there couldn't possibly be more false positives but I'm sure more will surface as it appears this plugin is not written or designed for TF2 (constant rate of fire regardless of button pushing)

I'd highly suggest people record demos(Like we used to down when I was admin of a TF2 server) and then go from there as opposed to relying upon a piece of software that has already failed twice that is known.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Its already been proven, twice now. I don't know how much more evidence you want other than that. I suppose in your sample size you've concluded that there couldn't possibly be more false positives but I'm sure more will surface as it appears this plugin is not written or designed for TF2 (constant rate of fire regardless of button pushing)

I'd highly suggest people record demos(Like we used to down when I was admin of a TF2 server) and then go from there as opposed to relying upon a piece of software that has already failed twice that is known.
In this case it's not known at all that the software failed.
Just get out.
Arguing with Bottiger about coding is one of the dumbest things you can do.
Your friend cheated now he has to pay for it.

Sierra

Unremarkable User
In this case it's not known at all that the software failed.
Just get out.
Arguing with Bottiger about coding is one of the dumbest things you can do.
Your friend cheated now he has to pay for it.
He isn't my friend. So don't make assumptions when you don't know me.

If it didn't fail why is Easymode unbanned as well? Obviously the admins didn't bother to check the Valve change log to find out that this trigger_hack they keep talking about is no longer present in TF2. Which is why this plug-in has failed. I realize that some people if not most are not very literate with computer code, but basic boolean logic is pretty easy.

Osprey

Contributor
Its already been proven, twice now. I don't know how much more evidence you want other than that.

You've proven nothing.

I suggest that you record a demo of yourself triggering a false positive or stop posting here because nobody wants to hear you get on your soapbox to tell us how great of an admin you are.

Reactions: Toxik

Sierra

Unremarkable User
You've proven nothing.
I suggest that you record a demo of yourself triggering a false positive or stop posting here because nobody wants to hear you get on your soapbox to tell us how great of an admin you are.
I'm sorry you can't read the code. I don't know how else to tell you that the code is buggy and doesn't apply to TF2.

I never the one who banned people from the server, I recorded the demos and sent them to the team that worked on the bans/reviewing demos(We had separate teams as we had a lot of servers). That is what servers should do and have done in the past. This isn't a new thing, it is how most servers enforce their bans. Sometimes cheaters slip through sometimes they don't. That is the gamble of running a server that has people who are willing to pay for their "skill" in a F2P game. It should also fall to the community to want to keep the cheaters out; there were ban threads every day about people to be banned, yet few of the community recorded the demos needed for evidence. There has been no evidence in two cases at this point of this software working. Might want to amend the plugin to record demos?

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Obviously the admins didn't bother to check the Valve change log to find out that this trigger_hack they keep talking about is no longer present in TF2. Which is why this plug-in has failed.

Why is it so difficult to understand that it has NOTHING to do with with the pistol's fire rate?

Listen:
I had it loaded because it also detects trigger-bots that shoot for you only when you will hit someone. The purpose of this is to have an undetectable aimbot.
The way it works is it checks every frame to see if you can fire your pistol yet. If you fire your pistol the exact frame it becomes ready to fire again, then you are probably using auto-trigger.
There are frames 66 times a second, or every 0.015 seconds. The plugin only bans you if this happens 20 times. I can't even get it to happen once.
A normal player will never fire on the same frame and release the button all in the span of 0.015 seconds. Only a bot does this.

That's as clear as I can make it.

Osprey

Contributor
I'm sorry you can't read the code. I don't know how else to tell you that the code is buggy and doesn't apply to TF2.

I believe it was Einstein that said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
I never the one who banned people from the server, I recorded the demos and sent them to the team that worked on the bans/reviewing demos(We had separate teams as we had a lot of servers). That is what servers should do and have done in the past. This isn't a new thing, it is how most servers enforce their bans. Sometimes cheaters slip through sometimes they don't. That is the gamble of running a server that has people who are willing to pay for their "skill" in a F2P game. It should also fall to the community to want to keep the cheaters out; there were ban threads every day about people to be banned, yet few of the community recorded the demos needed for evidence. There has been no evidence in two cases at this point of this software working. Might want to amend the plugin to record demos?

Are you familiar with the term, gasbag?

Sierra

Unremarkable User
Why is it so difficult to understand that it has NOTHING to do with with the pistol's fire rate?
Listen:
That's as clear as I can make it.
Right, except he was talking about pistol fire rate originally, now the topic has switched to aimbot, which you should use a demo to record, not a piece of software that clearly has flaws.

I believe it was Einstein that said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Are you familiar with the term, gasbag?
I did explain it simply, if you didn't grasp it I'm sorry you don't understand it well enough.

Relating my own experiences to show you how it was done before this software came out. The best bet to catch an aim-botter, which is the new topic apparently, is a demo. Not a piece of software, which can result in false positives.

Osprey

Contributor
Right, except he was talking about pistol fire rate originally, now the topic has switched to aimbot, which you should use a demo to record, not a piece of software that clearly has flaws.

I did explain it simply, if you didn't grasp it I'm sorry you don't understand it well enough.
I was trying to help you by asking you to clarify your point because you haven't made a cogent argument. You're the one that doesn't understand what Bottiger is saying and that's what numerous people, including myself, are telling you. Your new argument about recording demos equates to grasping at straws.
Relating my own experiences to show you how it was done before this software came out. The best bet to catch an aim-botter, which is the new topic apparently, is a demo. Not a piece of software, which can result in false positives.
The only conversation I care to have with you is the one in which you provide a demo of yourself triggering a false-positive. Other than that, I don't see any reason why you're still posting here (other than to childishly get the last word - which is sad, really).