• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So I'm playing like usual and suddenly I'm BANNED! I spend 90% of my time on your servers and suddenly I can't play anymore because your ban-bot decides that shooting too fast is a form of cheating! I'd never even heard of this +attack thing until I came here to find out whats going on. So I'd like to petition to be unbanned if thats possible. And if the errors on your program are as rare as you say they are then I will never get banned again.

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/ind...rch=STEAM_0:1:23290102&advType=steamid&Submit

http://www.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=263725

As you can see I'm in good standing and have never been banned before. I tend to spam explosives and there was a a lot of lag around the time I got banned so maybe that could create a false positive. I think this was just a freak occurrence, so if you unban me it shouldn't happen again. Thanks for hearing me out.

Translation:

No one has ever caught me cheating before. Here's an explanation I think is plausible, I just pulled it out of my ass tbh. I had my cheats on at the time, but if you unban me I'll find/use something less detectable so I don't get caught again. Thanks for listening to my bull.

In all seriousness, you only have 12 hours of playtime. What do you have to lose if you get banned again? How do we know you'll stop "lagging"?

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Translation:

No one has ever caught me cheating before. Here's an explanation I think is plausible, I just pulled it out of my ass tbh. I had my cheats on at the time, but if you unban me I'll find/use something less detectable so I don't get caught again. Thanks for listening to my bull.

In all seriousness, you only have 12 hours of playtime. What do you have to lose if you get banned again? How do we know you'll stop "lagging"?

The only thing I'd lose is access the the skial servers which have all the settings I like such as 32 players and low respawn times. You clearly can't tell whether I was actually cheating, cause I know I wasn't. And now you seem to expect me to prove a negative. Further more if I was cheating the system would ban me again immediately, and if you think people can just switch cheats to avoid getting caught then your system isn't too good which makes me question why you're so sure I wasn't banned by a false positive. Just because you're on the internet isn't an excuse launch a witch hunt when that crap wouldn't fly anywhere else.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The only thing I'd lose is access the the skial servers which have all the settings I like such as 32 players and low respawn times. You clearly can't tell whether I was actually cheating, cause I know I wasn't. And now you seem to expect me to prove a negative. Further more if I was cheating the system would ban me again immediately, and if you think people can just switch cheats to avoid getting caught then your system isn't too good which makes me question why you're so sure I wasn't banned by a false positive. Just because you're on the internet isn't an excuse launch a witch hunt when that crap wouldn't fly anywhere else.

The system bans you after several detections, detection is not instantaneous. Yes, people can "switch" cheats to avoid getting caught, the system does what it can. (It caught you didn't it?)

This isn't a witch hunt, you were not "suspected" of cheating then banned, you were caught cheating and were banned as a result.

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's a witch hunt when denials are ignored or taken as evidence of guilt. It's also a witch hunt when a person is never given a chance to prove their innocence, you've simply decided that I'm guilty and I suspect now you believe that so strongly that no facts or evidence will change that. I'd suggest you check you're cheat detection software, but since you're not even a moderator I doubt you can, I think you're just here to troll me.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
It's a witch hunt when denials are ignored or taken as evidence of guilt. It's also a witch hunt when a person is never given a chance to prove their innocence, you've simply decided that I'm guilty and I suspect now you believe that so strongly that no facts or evidence will change that. I'd suggest you check you're cheat detection software, but since you're not even a moderator I doubt you can, I think you're just here to troll me.
I'm pretty sure he is a Moderator on the BF3 section of the forums.

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

To be honest facts and evidence don't seem to be supporting your claims of innocence very well. So far all you've submitted to defend yourself is essentially hearsay while the evidence supporting your guilt is based on facts, evidence, and experimentation. (Read about Easymode's ban appeal if you want more details on the facts and evidence raised against you)

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What facts some softwhere has decided I'm guilty and no one has doublechecked it. Since all claims of innocence are ignored you'll never know if your banning software is accurate. You are in essence banning based on hearsay from a computer.

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
What facts some softwhere has decided I'm guilty and no one has doublechecked it. Since all claims of innocence are ignored you'll never know if your banning software is accurate. You are in essence banning based on hearsay from a computer.

The code has been checked, if you read through Easymode's appeal thread you will see that Bottiger reviewed the code involved and tried many methods to get a false positive from the program. None of those methods were able to produce a single false positive.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Not all software is flawless, but our cheat detection system has so far proven useful. I don't believe we've had a false report yet. And remember, a computer is only as smart as the person who created it.

capt cole 117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The code has been checked, if you read through Easymode's appeal thread you will see that Bottiger reviewed the code involved and tried many methods to get a false positive from the program. None of those methods were able to produce a single false positive.
One persons trigger finger isn't a good sample of the population.

Not all software is flawless, but our cheat detection system has so far proven useful. I don't believe we've had a false report yet. And remember, a computer is only as smart as the person who created it.
Easy mode got unbanned so that at least one error

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Your terrible attitude should be one reason not to unban you. You think you are smarter than everyone else. Stop talking to us like a snob.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Easy mode got unbanned so that at least one error

Three or four people's trigger finger actually, plus hundreds of other servers using the same plugin.

Easymode's unban was not because it was a false positive, a majority vote gave him the opportunity for a second chance. He also had 5 days of playtime if I recall correctly.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it that gives off the air of an attitude.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Since when does giving a logic based rebuttal make someone a snob with an attitude.
1) You doubted that OakyTree is a mod in the BF3 section. After that you find it strange that he is.
2) You keep telling us that our system is full of errors.
3) You make up false arguments (comparing this to a which hunt?!)

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I tested it today with my mouse's auto fire feature too, on the lowest interval between clicks settings it does around above 100 clicks per minute according to an online click counter, yet couldn't trigger the detector once. You need 20 detections to get banned as far as I know, that's an awful lot of false detections to be honest...