Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
how do you get 250 to chicago when Lano gets like maybe 100ish

Depends to people their internet and pc I guess.. I have a better connection than Lano, yet I live further away. I don't have a lagging-issue, everything goes smoothly for me.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Then you're just blessed with good Internet

Can't be.. I have the worst provider you can get in Belgium, next weekend I wont have internet but the monday after I'll be having the best provider you can get here. ;D

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
then you can play on US and NY servers?

If I want, yes, without problems. ;D But this is getting off-topic..

hXcjedders for admin..
cute-white-kitten-head-emoticon-41.gif

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
+JedderCheese

For the (relatively short compared to some) time I've been here, Jedders has always been calm and collected. So while he does find the time to goof around and occasionally questions rules, I think he'd make a fine level-headed admin.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I don't plan on goin anywhere for the summer for an extended period of time. I'd be missing for a weekend here and there at the most.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Someone adds you on Steam and tells you that a player was abusing the votemenu on the server they just left. They can't exactly remember the abusers name and it looks like that person has left the server. What do you do?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Someone adds you on Steam and tells you that a player was abusing the votemenu on the server they just left. They can't exactly remember the abusers name and it looks like that person has left the server. What do you do?

I would ask the reporter to make a report here if he had evidence and time, but I would join anyways and ask people on the server if they knew anything about the issue. I would also check the server chat logs for any potential votemenu abuse problems. If nothing clear turned up I would just move on.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I would ask the reporter to make a report here if he had evidence and time, but I would join anyways and ask people on the server if they knew anything about the issue. I would also check the server chat logs for any potential votemenu abuse problems. If nothing clear turned up I would just move on.
You can't choose join game since the player is no longer there.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh i took it as the abuser was no longer there. In any case I can look up the reporters recent server activity in stats and go from there.
Neither one of them are no longer there... and yeah you can just look at the reporters stats but most likely he at least remembers what server he was on.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Well, either way. This would be my thought process.

To the reporter:
  • Explain in detail what you mean by vote abuse.
  • What server/time did this take place?
  • Do you remember anything about the (reported's) name?
  • Do you have any screenshots/demos of this?
Thank them for the report, and then based on the information above, investigate the problem:

• Join the server and see if anyone can corroborate the story and give me a definitive name.
  • Check server chat logs around the time given by the reporter for anyone that matches a name description based on server/reporter information, also scanning for vote activity.
  • If I can isolate a person, I will check their chat logs for any nefarious deeds.
  • If after all that, nothing comes up, I'll let the reporter know I looked into it and couldn't find anything and to let me know if it happens again.

Reactions: Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, either way. This would be my thought process.

To the reporter:
  • Explain in detail what you mean by vote abuse.
  • What server/time did this take place?
  • Do you remember anything about the (reported's) name?
  • Do you have any screenshots/demos of this?
Thank them for the report, and then based on the information above, investigate the problem:

• Join the server and see if anyone can corroborate the story and give me a definitive name.
  • Check server chat logs around the time given by the reporter for anyone that matches a name description based on server/reporter information, also scanning for vote activity.
  • If I can isolate a person, I will check their chat logs for any nefarious deeds.
  • If after all that, nothing comes up, I'll let the reporter know I looked into it and couldn't find anything and to let me know if it happens again.
snidely-whiplash.jpg

Reactions: [YDEK] fi$hy k!tty
Status
Not open for further replies.