• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How did you find out about TF2? Did you buy an orange box when it was brand new, stumble across one of the millions of Youtube videos of it, or play it at a friend's house? Discuss that here.
I personally found out about this game nearly 4 years ago from this video by OMFGninja, but despite learning about the game from him I was never too interested in playing spy a lot.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think when I was 13 or 14 or something I was playing secondlife, I asked some friend in the game about it and they told me about needing steam to get it, I checked it all out, bought the game and have been playing it since.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Actually I bought myself the Orange Box because I wanted to play Portal and Half-Life 2. I wasn't a big fan of Multiplayer Shooters and I tried it in 2008, but never really got into it. I came back in 2011 and somehow I liked it alot more, probably because alot patches since that date made it so much more interesting. That was also when Meet the Medic was released and I started contributing to TF2 Wiki. Since then I am stuck to this game.

Funny when you consider I only wanted to play Portal 1 and Half-Life Episode 1&2 from that Box.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
My brother wanted me to try it but i said "hell no i'm not a nerd who plays video games". Then a few months later he showed me how to build an engie nest, i got hooked.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I hate to say it but this is true...

I found out about tf2 through "funny" GMod videos when I was slightly younger.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The "Meet the Classes" videos drove me crazy for over 2 years before I finally got a computer strong enough to run TF2.

Reactions: Slip

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
was debating on buying it, then saw there was an update coming so i figured i'd wait until after the update to buy it so i could download everything at once

after the update, buying it was no longer an issue (but i didn't get the wwi hat :()

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I saw the "Meet the Spy" trailer on my Lego Starwars game when I was young and thought it was the hottest shit so I watched it over and over until seeing the other ones on youtube.
Once my mom got a laptop for Christmas I basically stole it all day to play TF2.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Watched videos around when the Spy v Sniper update and went apeshit over the Dead Ringer for some reason. Spent hours and hours on the 360 version (god help my soul) after stealing my brothers orange box and was on it daily after getting my laptop that could barely run it at 30 fps. This game was a hell of a time though.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I seen Rubberfruit's videos somehow ages ago and had to wait until 2012 for a PC powerful enough to run the game. Eventually I ran into Rubberfruit in game and got my ass kicked. 10/10.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I got steam. Saw free games. First was TF2. Downloaded the game. God help me.

Gameboy.exe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I got steam About a year ago. The only game I played was Garry's Mod. I got bored and haven't played that game for a while. After like 7 months, my uncle showed me these two games called Unturned and Team Fortress 2. After downloading them, the only game I played was Team Fortress 2 after that. I got so addicted to this game, I spent more than $120.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I used to hang around a Fusionfall forum and one of the regulars started talking up TF2 and I was like "sounds pretty fuckin neato" and so I installed, uninstalled, and then reinstalled because nobody ever escapes.

Katpolice

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Started using steam about an year ago. Back then, I was playing Unturned with friends. Then, we got bored and started play tf2.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I got steam About a year ago. The only game I played was Garry's Mod. I got bored and haven't played that game for a while. After like 7 months, my uncle showed me these two games called Unturned and Team Fortress 2. After downloading them, the only game I played was Team Fortress 2 after that. I got so addicted to this game, I spent more than $120.
120... Weak...