• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

ǺBø

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I randomly found the Meet the videos in 2011 and I was convinced, but life got in the way and I didn`t start playing until 2014.

Kenpachi Ramasama

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I got The Orange Box with my Xbox 360 years back, finished HL2 entirely, then saw TF2. Played it, got rekt in 2fort, 10/10 would get rekt again.

FISH KILL

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I found out about TF2 in 2008 or 2009 due to some gmod videos I stumbled upon. Then in 2010 a friend had an alt with TF2 and I played on it and loved it. A free weekend came in June 2010 and I played it for hours on end once again on my own account. Then on July 3rd, 2010 it was on sale for $13 and I bought it. Now I'm almost 4,000 hours in and I still love the game to this very day.

Acey Drgn

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I ended up playing TF2 when it very first came out on Orange Box... friend of mine owned it. I loved it. Now that I have the power of my own computer, i've been playing it ever since. Times have changed... quite a bit.

I'll admit, i've forgotten about the game until I came across a youtube video called "It's The Freakin Scout!". I suddenly remembered, got Steam, and off I went.

• Dumb
Reactions: The GNAA

Todeskuss

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I found out about TF2 at a programming camp I went to a few years ago where they had TF2 tournaments

MTC

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Years before I got my first Xbox, I saw a video of a HL2 mod on youtube. It blew my mind that you could modify games after release. It stayed with me for many years. Then, I got an xbox 360 and started playing games on that for a while. One day at gamestop, I saw "The Orange Box." and instantly remembered that video of Half Life 2. I bought it in a heart beat and have been addicted to TF2 ever since. Since 2011. I migrated to PC TF2 in 2012. I think that was when pyromania came out. Fun times.

Pykow

Unremarkable User
I was already planning to buy The Orangebox for Counter-strike:Source and Portal.
A friend of mine told me, TF2 was a Cartoon CS game.
Since day one i was hooked and played it for hours.

Ive played it for 4 years, then i quit for 1,5 year (Playing Battlefield 3) and now im back for 2 years.

I have played alot of CTF_2fort as Soldier. after a while i was joining a dutch clan and started PCW's etc.
played 2 years from day to night.

Reactions: T-Wayne

WingedKitten

Unremarkable User
Oh, goodness, the memories.

Back when playing Quake 3, much fun was had! Eventually, over the years, Quake 3 became Quake Live and i was looking for another FPS that was similar enough to Quake games. I found TF2 when it became free-to-play on Steam and christened it as my Quake 3 alternative. It's kind of funny, too, since the whole Team Fortress thing is a Quake-based derivative to begin with, so I guess it made sense (and dollars, too!).
The characters keep me coming back, along with that Quake charm. I keep jumping around hoping that speed boost will eventually kick in...

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh, goodness, the memories.

Back when playing Quake 3, much fun was had! Eventually, over the years, Quake 3 became Quake Live and i was looking for another FPS that was similar enough to Quake games. I found TF2 when it became free-to-play on Steam and christened it as my Quake 3 alternative. It's kind of funny, too, since the whole Team Fortress thing is a Quake-based derivative to begin with, so I guess it made sense (and dollars, too!).
The characters keep me coming back, along with that Quake charm. I keep jumping around hoping that speed boost will eventually kick in...
after all these years, I still bunny hop in the hopes to pick up some speed. The hardest thing I found was going from rocket jumps with zero self damage to playing solly. So much suicide to begin with.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Found TF2 in 2013, around MVM, but my laptop was too crap to even run steam. 2015 came a new laptop, remembered friends advice, played it. 600 hours of playing and I am still sucking ass.

Mathias

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Holy crap you guys make me feel old..

I've known about Team Fortress 2 back in the Team Fortress Classic days. Played TFC for YEARS then when TF2 was released we, the community I was apart of, switched over. We all hated it and went back to TFC. I have played TF2 since release off and on.

The good ol' days of WonID's. I remember when we were all forced to switch..

GREY.DEAD.SEVEN

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I heard someone talk about it at my school. A group of five to six people instantly started screaming at him for even " mentioning the name of that HORRID GAME" in the cod conversation. I installed steam, installed tf2, and got screamed at the next day, laughing the whole damn time

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
I heard someone talk about it at my school. A group of five to six people instantly started screaming at him for even " mentioning the name of that HORRID GAME" in the cod conversation. I installed steam, installed tf2, and got screamed at the next day, laughing the whole damn time

Most of my real life friends are xbox players. I was pc and xbox player. I only played Soul Calibur and GTA online, now I got it on PC, I'm so fucking happy.

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
A friend explained the basics of the game and introduced Steam itself. Just listening to him conversing got me interested and even more curious.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Got the orange box as a gift for christmas 2012, liked tf2 so much more than quake3 so switched loyalties.