• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Toxik

Contributor
I used to go to an internet cafe with my friends every weekend, both saturday and sunday. One day, one of my best friends brought in his laptop to show us the game when it just came out and we all found it amazing, and a few other of my friends used to play Team Fortress Classic a LOT.
After that, I bought it and it became my all day game for a few years. That's when I found Bottiger's Idle and played on it daily for ridiculous amounts of time, slowly giving up my soul to Skial

pls halp

meisa

Scarcely Lethal Noob
found out about tf when i still got alowance
didnt have enough money to buy a game so tried this one for free ;)

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Heard about Skyrim when it first dropped and downloaded Steam in Late 2011/ealry 2012. Tf2 was free, tried it out and thought it was fun. Played on Skial through quickplay and stumbled to this *sigh*.....special place.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Actually I bought myself the Orange Box because I wanted to play Portal and Half-Life 2. I wasn't a big fan of Multiplayer Shooters and I tried it in 2008, but never really got into it. I came back in 2011 and somehow I liked it alot more, probably because alot patches since that date made it so much more interesting. That was also when Meet the Medic was released and I started contributing to TF2 Wiki. Since then I am stuck to this game.

Funny when you consider I only wanted to play Portal 1 and Half-Life Episode 1&2 from that Box.

Pretty much the same for me. I played it sporadically until MvM, as I didn't have anything faster than dial up prior, so I couldn't really play online.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Heard about Skyrim when it first dropped and downloaded Steam in Late 2011/ealry 2012. Tf2 was free, tried it out and thought it was fun. Played on Skial through quickplay and stumbled to this *sigh*.....special place.
im so sorry

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But you still love us

Right?

RIGHT?

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
no one loves you
hehehehehehehe

Like real memers I found TF2 through Gmod videos back in late 2011 or early 2012, had two Steam accounts before my current one which was from late 2012 because I forgot passwords and emails. Whoops

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Little story time here;

My parents are pretty strict with what they let me do. I was not allowed to watch pg-13 till I was 13, play T games until I was a teenager, and to this day they still shut my internet off from 9 pm to 7:30 am among other things that I have grown accustomed to (No R movies either unless reasons). Since I was about 9 I think, I had gotten a ds and played that for a few years, then I bought an iPod. Believe it or not, but I was pretty hardcore with that thing. I never really liked games like angry birds, but there was one called battle bears that was actually pretty similar to tf2 (I didn't know about steam/tf2). I played that for I think 2 years and got pretty good, and then I turned 12. When I was 12, I could finally get 12+ apps for iPod and I had heard about cod and stuff and I wanted to find something similar but that my parents would allow. I convinced my dad to let me use his mac labtop, and I got a game called modern combat domination (lot like counter strike, didn't know) and played that for a bit along with battle bears. I didn't take it all that seriously though, mainly because the way you got weapons made no sense. I also played wii mario kart around this time, which I also took pretty competitively. I think I was around top 200 or something. That was my intro to pc games.

Anyways, about tf2, I think I heard a few friends talk about it and I thought it would be a great idea to finally find a game in common (13 years old). Had to convince my dad a ton to let me download something that big, I didn't dare tell him it was rated M, and when he saw all the blood and stuff he wasn't happy. But I figured out how to turn off gibs and he seemed ok with it. It was still a struggle for a while though because he would use it for work. Once I got my own pc though they kind of stopped caring. Of course my friends stopped playing once I started, so I have nobody to talk/play with irl which actually really stinks.

feels.png

Just wanted to share a little background about me, read it if you wish :)

bitch pudding

Mildly Menacing Medic
my friend told me about it and he was the one who introduced me to steam as well. he ended up paying for my tf2 :> and we used to play on the proTF coldfront svr. still love that map btw.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
That feel when you realize that even at 30, you're still more than twice the age of most of the remaining active TF2 player base. :doge: On the bright side, I've always been able to play drunk TF2, and its a blast. :D I'm not even mad at squeakers anymore, so long as they can play the game.

Tek

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I purchased the orange box a while back for the PS3, it was my first real introduction to Valve games. Loved Half Life and Portal, tried Team Fortress 2 but it wasn't that great on a controller and online play was lacking to say the least. I'm sure when I obtained Steam for the very first time I decided to purchase the orange box from the steam store to play Valve's treasures again. Naturally I gave TF2 a go and fell in love with it.

Reactions: SkepticalBear

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I purchased the orange box a while back for the PS3, it was my first real introduction to Valve games. Loved Half Life and Portal, tried Team Fortress 2 but it wasn't that great on a controller and online play was lacking to say the least. I'm sure when I obtained Steam for the very first time I decided to purchase the orange box from the steam store to play Valve's treasures again. Naturally I gave TF2 a go and fell in love with it.

Yep I got it on PS3 too, played 1500 hours on the PS3 version... then when all the glitches and hacks became apparent I moved over to PC. What was your username on PS3? I might recognise it!

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
I came to steam for the Portal series, when I finished the game I browsed the free to play section of steam. I saw TF2 and tried it out.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not unique but my friends wouldn't shut up about TF2, so I played it, liked it, and now I've more hours than all of them. All of them quit as well lol.

Reactions: Slip

ShuttleKawk

Unremarkable User
Got it when Orange Box came out back in 2007. You'd think I'd be awesome at it by now but that's not the case.