• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Yee or naaaaaaah

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't understand why people are using he heavy as an excuse to un-nerf the axtinguisher. Shouldn't someone be able to counter the pyro?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The damage penalty isn't that bad, I mean if you're using the flare gun instead of the Shotty then sure it sucks. And on VSH you can still play a mean capping Pyro with it.
Who uses the shotgun over the flare gun? Maybe reserve but definitely not default. Also VSH isn't actually playing
To be fair, if you switch to your melee weapon that does ~70 damage a hit while using your flamethrower, you're doing something wrong. The axtinguisher used to be ok, but now you're better off throwing on a stock flamethrower.
Stock really sucks, I don't like how it looks, nor how slow it is
So just go back to being Spyro and backstabbing people on fire with the Axtinguisher.
I don't wanna :/

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Who uses the shotgun over the flare gun? Maybe reserve but definitely not default. Also VSH isn't actually playing

I use the shotgun. I use it in such a way that it becomes my primary. You don't always have to combo, which is something a lot of people don't understand about pyro. Shotgun has great damage, about 50 when your flamethrower is out of reach and 70-90 when up close. I also main scout, so I am a little biased when it comes to shotguns.

Reactions: Party Chocobo

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Shotty is better in many cases, especially when there are a bunch of fgt Pyros on the other team.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shotty is better in many cases, especially when there are a bunch of fgt Pyros on the other team.
Then use the reserve shooter, it's almost the flare gun with bullets on top. Also, if you know how to play Pyro skillfully, you can crit the Pyro with a flare gun.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Then use the reserve shooter, it's almost the flare gun with bullets on top. Also, if you know how to play Pyro skillfully, you can crit the Pyro with a flare gun.
Yes but it's just not as good as the shotgun against another Pyro, if you miss the crit you're doing nothing.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor

stock doesnt suck what the hell is wrong with you.

reserve is good but its only good when combing with airblast. saying stock shotgun is sucks on any class but heavy is dumb. And if you're using the degreaser you shouldn't give a shit how slow it is because your switch is insanely fast to begin with, and if you're rolling and other flamethrower then why use reserve to begin with.

and while we're on the topic of the degreaser, i think it should be nerfed. Like to the point where afterburn deals no dmg it justs there for combos such as axtinguisher or flaregun. Or at least buff the other flamethrowers to where they are equal with the degreaser.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Doesn't matter if you master it, knockback from other weapons can fuck you up and you would miss.
It's been a rarity for me to be knocked back thus messing up my shot because I'm usually moving anyway.
You can master reserve in 4 seconds because it is easy mode.
We're talking about the flare gun and critting Pyros with it lol.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's been a rarity for me to be knocked back thus messing up my shot because I'm usually moving anyway.

We're talking about the flare gun and critting Pyros with it lol.
Yes but still, even if you master it there will be times that you miss. Shotty is just overall better for killing Pyros.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
My main loadout is degreaser/reserve/axtinguisher. and when there are too many enemy pyros, or a wall of enemies, i switch to backburner/flare/backscratcher

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
stock doesnt suck what the hell is wrong with you.

reserve is good but its only good when combing with airblast. saying stock shotgun is sucks on any class but heavy is dumb. And if you're using the degreaser you shouldn't give a shit how slow it is because your switch is insanely fast to begin with, and if you're rolling and other flamethrower then why use reserve to begin with.

and while we're on the topic of the degreaser, i think it should be nerfed. Like to the point where afterburn deals no dmg it justs there for combos such as axtinguisher or flaregun. Or at least buff the other flamethrowers to where they are equal with the degreaser.
First CDAWG, now you, by stock, I meant flamethrower, not shotgun. I personally wouldn't mind the degreaser being nerfed if the axtinguisher gets reset to it's initial status of 195 all around
Yes but still, even if you master it there will be times that you miss. Shotty is just overall better for killing Pyros.
I never said it wasn't but it's just not satisfying. For killing Pyros, sure you can just shotgun them but it's not as satisfying as pushing them high enough into the air, letting out a bit of fire that registers later and getting that fraction of a second flare shot.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
The true master race pyro is

-Stock
-Shotgun
-Maul

Positives include:
+Being a good engineer pal
+Providing good damage over time/up front
+Good mid-close range combos with the shotgun, plus a great counter to other pyros cruising with the flare
+hella airblasts
+weapon switch is pretty fast

Negative:
-Uhm I guess weapon switch could be faster?
-no instant kills from behind

So with that loadout you're an offensive AND defensive machine. Spies will be crying, other pyros will be backtracking, and all the projectile assholes will be sad as well.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First CDAWG, now you, by stock, I meant flamethrower, not shotgun. I personally wouldn't mind the degreaser being nerfed if the axtinguisher gets reset to it's initial status of 195 all around

I never said it wasn't but it's just not satisfying. For killing Pyros, sure you can just shotgun them but it's not as satisfying as pushing them high enough into the air, letting out a bit of fire that registers later and getting that fraction of a second flare shot.
It's more satisfying to push them off a ledge.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's more satisfying to push them off a ledge.
It's funny, not satisfying.
The true master race pyro is

-Stock
-Shotgun
-Maul

Positives include:
+Being a good engineer pal
+Providing good damage over time/up front
+Good mid-close range combos with the shotgun, plus a great counter to other pyros cruising with the flare
+hella airblasts
+weapon switch is pretty fast

Negative:
-Uhm I guess weapon switch could be faster?
-no instant kills from behind

So with that loadout you're an offensive AND defensive machine. Spies will be crying, other pyros will be backtracking, and all the projectile assholes will be sad as well.
That's just boring, if ya wanna protect engies, airblast the uber back and destroy the uber when it ends.