Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
Known issues:

Demopan can charge infinitely without consuming rage; I believe this is a bug. If not, it needs to be nerfed. 2%-4% rage consumption should be reasonable. (up to 20 charges at full)

Spyro can completely fill revolver ammo at dispensers, after using rage (avoiding only having 3 shots)

After being summoned by Pootis Bird, if 4 scouts are on red team (dead or alive), you can attempt to pick scout on red, and respawn.

Cave Johnson only spawns with ~35 ammo. This is certainly not enough, even for fairly experienced players. - This is likely a bug because there are times Cave Johnson spawns with over 200 shots.

Last edited:

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
+1 definitely

Especially for the demopan nerf, it's annoying when 8/10 people pick him because he's broken

Bottiger

Administrator
  • I think the demopan problem could be fixed by updating the rage plugin.
  • I am not sure I can remove the ability for anyone to pick up ammo at a dispenser. How does the boss have access to a dispenser?
  • That maybe sounds like it is reacting badly to the class limits plugin. I will see if I can stop the plugin from respawning you without any side effects.
  • Here is the weapon config for Cave Johnson, I think he is only supposed to have around 35 shots.

Code:
        "weapon1"
        {
                "name"                          "tf_weapon_grenadelauncher"
                "index"                         "19"
                "show"                          "1"
                "attributes"            "208 ; 1 ; 28 ; 1 ; 21 ; 0.3 ; 72 ; 0.25 ; 37 ; 7.0 ; 203 ; 1 ; 5 ; 1.45 ; 3 ; 0.75"
        }       // 208: Ignite on hit.
                // 28:  No Crits (hidden)
                // 21:  Damage penalty vs Non-burning.
                // 72:  Weapon Burn Damage reduced.
                // 37:  Weapon Max Ammo increased (hidden)
                // 203: Drop Health Pack on kill.
                // 5:   Firing Speed penalty.
                // 3:   Clip Size penalty.

I have attempted to fix demopan and pootisbird.

Last edited:

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer

• I think the demopan problem could be fixed by updating the rage plugin.
    I am not sure I can remove the ability for anyone to pick up ammo at a dispenser. How does the boss have access to a dispenser?
    That maybe sounds like it is reacting badly to the class limits plugin. I will see if I can stop the plugin from respawning you without any side effects.
    Here is the weapon config for Cave Johnson, I think he is only supposed to have around 35 shots.
Code:
        "weapon1"
        {
                "name"                          "tf_weapon_grenadelauncher"
                "index"                         "19"
                "show"                          "1"
                "attributes"            "208 ; 1 ; 28 ; 1 ; 21 ; 0.3 ; 72 ; 0.25 ; 37 ; 7.0 ; 203 ; 1 ; 5 ; 1.45 ; 3 ; 0.75"
        }       // 208: Ignite on hit.
                // 28:  No Crits (hidden)
                // 21:  Damage penalty vs Non-burning.
                // 72:  Weapon Burn Damage reduced.
                // 37:  Weapon Max Ammo increased (hidden)
                // 203: Drop Health Pack on kill.
                // 5:   Firing Speed penalty.
                // 3:   Clip Size penalty.

I have attempted to fix demopan and pootisbird.
Since nobody can use the saxxy command anymore, it is close to impossible for anyone to win as cave Johnson if the server has 15 people or more. 35 grenades will not be sufficient to take out the entire red team and if the bosses are out of ammo they all start running away and hide which always drags the round to stoppage time. So if you can give cave Johnson at least 200 grenades at default it would be great.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
The way to fix the Spyro problem is to just remove him conpletely. He is extremely overpowered as it is and is at the same level of power as Dark Vader, with a super jump, ability to disguise, and on rage setting people on fire for 9 fire damage and going invisible.

Also, i suggest we nerf Dark Vader for being overpowered, because all you have to do is right click after rage and you take out about 5 REDs.

Reactions: Percilius

Bottiger

Administrator
As you noticed it says primary ammo only, but I will just try adding it anyway since we don't have any other guesses.

Meebas

Mapper
Oh ok, well I have no idea how to prevent dispensors from giving ammo to specific players.

Is it possible to add the "cannot receive ammo from dispensers" attribute to Spyro's revolver, and knife? I know that's something the Beggar's Bazooka has, so maybe you can apply that to Spyro's weapons.

Also, thanks for your input!
(Also, I goofed, I meant up to 50 charges at full, minimum 25)

...oh right, that's just what KinCryos said.

Last edited:

FATHER

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Can you nerf "Dark Vader"? Right now when he rages, he gets three abilities: chain lightning, three detonator shots, and enemies (sentries and players) around him are stunned. Others can chime in, I think chain lightning can be removed.

If it's too complicated, you can remove him completely, I dont think the regulars of the server would complain..

Meebas

Mapper
Can you nerf "Dark Vader"? Right now when he rages, he gets three abilities: chain lightning, three detonator shots, and enemies (sentries and players) around him are stunned. Others can chime in, I think chain lightning can be removed.

If it's too complicated, you can remove him completely, I dont think the regulars of the server would complain..

If I remember right, chain lightning was nerfed, a lot. It's still pretty good, but what concerns me now is the sheer amount of damage his saber does, along with afterburn, and the incredibly huge blast radius of the detonator he gets, along with its damage.

So what I think should happen, speaking as a consistent regular, is that his melee damage should be focused primarily on the afterburn. The initial hit should do a little damage, say like about 75-100, and the afterburn does an extra 100ish. This way, pyros (that already suffer because vader doesn't burn) can have a better chance not having to deal with the burning. This also encourages players to always pay attention to healing sources and pyros, adding to the gameplay, making it interesting.
The chain lightning seems to be okay as it is. The instant damage killing nearby weak classes involves no skill and makes it very boring, and frustrating, especially when there are only ~3 players left, when it likely kills them all.
The detonator needs to be changed, because players that know how to use it can absolutely wipe with it. The radius is absolutely enormous, and deceptive. The sheer damage is essentially an extra bullet to your brain. The damage should scale on distance, rewarding the player for aiming precisely, and it should have much smaller range, or deal 0 damage at the edge of the range it already has.

Also a side note, I really don't see why he has the "3 lives" thing. I think if any boss has that, Mario should.

...we could really use an entire thread for him. Maybe even other bosses.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
There's this slight problem.
Cave Johnson is now spawning with just 23 grenades.