Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Handsome Defibyoulater
@sov

The ads are caused by:
Supra Savings, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YSupra Savings 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit

check for these in your control panel.

In firefox; type about:support and reset firefox. this deletes a lot but should not remove history, bookmarks and whatnot.

In chrome: open extensions and uninstall
Supra Savings, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, Media Watch, LyricsBuddy-1, YSupra Savings 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5

the Adwcleaner is nice and Malware Bytes AntiMalware is also a nice program

edit:
malwarebytes in fact recognizes supra savings as adware and will remove it if you use their program

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145259
You beautiful magnificent man! You've free'd me! Add me for a game or some chat. I am never more thankful!

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Go to your extensions in your settings menu and disable that piece of shit "media plus" (that was the problem for me)

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I got these when I installed a 'coupons' extention. Removing has always been a solution to these pesky ads.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Go to your extensions in your settings menu and disable that piece of shit "media plus" (that was the problem for me)
i dont have anything of that sort in my extensions. I just checked.

I dont know but maybe the problem went away but I can't check because i cant connect to any web pages (even though my PC says i am supposedly connected to wi-fi)

just a little, a lot, busy with this...
did i break something. i started running the virus scanner after i clicked the window and it kept coming back...

NI1FpzW.jpg

UPDATE: i have been looking into this and it seems like its something I have to delete it manually.

UPDATE UPDATE: cant find the file.. its not there...

Vorlass

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
SpyHunter? Honestly, it's not that good. It isn't malicious but I do remember them being under fire for their unorthodox methods.

This is why you DON'T download weird add-ons.

While there are various free anti-viruses and Malwarebytes is amazing, they can't fix all problems. If you have average experience with computers, a paid real-time scanner might be in your best interest.

sov

Legendary Skial King
out of all my years of using conputers, this is my forst time getting screwed over like this. I'll just keep looking for a solution online and the solutions in this thread...

once again thanks for the replies

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Did you reboot your computer immediately after spybot detected and remoed the threats and then run it again?

The file isn't there anymore because you deleted it with a virus scanner.

Last edited:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't know. I never had this happen to me.

Here is what I would do.

Boot into safe mode
Run spybot and remove threats. (reboot and repeat until it doesn't detect anything)
Repeat above with Malwarebytes
Download ccleaner and run the registry cleaner built into it.

If that doesn't work. Try repairing your computer with the Windows 7 disk. (or whatever OS you have). And run a SFC

Don't run a SFC without checking back in though.

Also, make sure you have "All hidden files and folders" checked, look for that file again if you didn't.