Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
Title basically says it all, snowglobe used to be in rotation and was a fun map to play, despite small size.
From all the regulars I've talked to, 2fortdesk is a widly disliked map, due to size, small corridors, and general gameplay.

Both maps are small in size, but snowglobe has far more verticality and better alround gameplay experience.

Lady Cara ✿

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1 Agreeing with the add and the removing. Snowglobe doesn't really have any problems from what i see, maybe add more health + ammo kits but that's it. 2fort desk is utterly horrible, it's way too small, too open and all the kits are small making ammo and health annoying to get.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I'm pretty sure we removed snowglobe because it wasn't popular and the server kept dying when it switched to that map.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I remember playing it before it got removed

In my personal opinion it was not a good map. Felt really awkward to play on with how it was layed out and designed

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
2fortdesk is a widly disliked map, due to size, small corridors, and general gameplay.

People say the same thing about military area but I see the server running it often

Some people dislike the smaller maps, but I feel its obvious there's quite a few people who do enjoy them. If the collective VSH player base hated 2fort desk and military area we wouldn't see it getting voted in so often

So -1 from me for removing 2fort desk

TacticalCheerio

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Gonna have to go with -1 on this tbh, was never a fan of snowglobe, and i find 2fortdesk to be a good map, making the argument that its too small, and what not is a bit invalid considering military-area is so popular, yes i know 2fortdesk isnt as good as military but i still think its a nice map, id say it has enough health and ammo packs to survive well, and never really had much of a problem with the small corridors.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
snowglobe was a pretty map but I always found it hard to navigate. 2fortdesk is a cool map though.

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
People say the same thing about military area but I see the server running it often

Some people dislike the smaller maps, but I feel its obvious there's quite a few people who do enjoy them. If the collective VSH player base hated 2fort desk and military area we wouldn't see it getting voted in so often

So -1 from me for removing 2fort desk
Gonna have to go with -1 on this tbh, was never a fan of snowglobe, and i find 2fortdesk to be a good map, making the argument that its too small, and what not is a bit invalid considering military-area is so popular, yes i know 2fortdesk isnt as good as military but i still think its a nice map, id say it has enough health and ammo packs to survive well, and never really had much of a problem with the small corridors.

The main difference i see between military area, and 2fortdesk, and why, from what i've seen at least people prefer the former, is the wealth of health on military area, making it easy and fun to get around using jumping, and still having health. Also military area is open for the most part, where as large parts of 2fortdesk are small and enclosed.

I'm pretty sure we removed snowglobe because it wasn't popular and the server kept dying when it switched to that map.
This tends to be the reason given for removal of maps, and while fair, player counts often don't seem to reflect the opinion of the vocal players or regulars, and with servers like ff2, it's the regulars that keep consistent life in the server.