you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
People often join voteservers because they don't want to play the maps for which there are already dedicated mapservers. Taking a rest from Dustbowl and joining the (EU) control point server, you can end up playing Dustbowl again after a short intermezzo of Foundry -.-

All in all more people would prefer this solution over staying with the people they met on the server and playing the mapserver maps with them. Although the next map is determined by a vote, people often simply don't think about dedicated map servers and still vote for e.g. Dustbowl because they like the map or it is one of the few they know.

I'm sometimes just tired of playing Dustbowl although I like the map a lot, and playing real CP maps like Foundry should be easier (Dustbowl actually is no CP but an attack / defend map; CP = captured points aren't locked forever).

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I could probably explain why all your arguements are bullshit, but I like drama, so imma sit and watch.

Reactions: Rvsz

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As much as I hate Dustbowl getting chosen to RTV to there are some dedicated maps (Turbine, Doublecross) that I like but HATE to play on a 24/7 server just because the teams are so huge. I say leave the maps in rotation, maybe add more. When voting, just communicate with the server and get a consensus (or you know, let everyone vote how they want and let majority work).

D

DeadHerald

Maybe we should cap voteservers at 24. What's annoying about Dustbowl is that it always ends up being a bottleneck because it's a 32 man server and the map was designed for 16-24. I would also point that CTF maps, like 2fort and Dustbowl, should probably also be capped at 24 for similar reasons. (Players playing for HLStats kills and not to win games.)

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If we start excluding maps people go to a lot (for one reason or another) then we can start having problems filling up those servers. If you don't like the map, try to rock the vote as it was put there for that reason.

basiate

Positively Inhumane Poster
.....you keep trying to talk about people with pony fetishes, yet it has nothing to do with this thread....

incoming%20shitstorm.jpg

D

DeadHerald

If we start excluding maps people go to a lot (for one reason or another) then we can start having problems filling up those servers. If you don't like the map, try to rock the vote as it was put there for that reason.

Who gives a shit if the servers are full? Servers are going to fill up during peak times and empty out in the middle of night and on school days. The thing is, certain maps don't benefit from being overpopulated and it turns the game into a giant cluster-fuck.