you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
People often join voteservers because they don't want to play the maps for which there are already dedicated mapservers. Taking a rest from Dustbowl and joining the (EU) control point server, you can end up playing Dustbowl again after a short intermezzo of Foundry -.-

All in all more people would prefer this solution over staying with the people they met on the server and playing the mapserver maps with them. Although the next map is determined by a vote, people often simply don't think about dedicated map servers and still vote for e.g. Dustbowl because they like the map or it is one of the few they know.

I'm sometimes just tired of playing Dustbowl although I like the map a lot, and playing real CP maps like Foundry should be easier (Dustbowl actually is no CP but an attack / defend map; CP = captured points aren't locked forever).

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Who gives a shit if the servers are full? Servers are going to fill up during peak times and empty out in the middle of night and on school days. The thing is, certain maps don't benefit from being overpopulated and it turns the game into a giant cluster-fuck.
true full servers can be frustrating to deal with and i agree certain maps are beter off with less people. on a side note: am i one of the few people who are still on at around 5AM?

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bottiger gives a shit if the servers are full because more ad impressions keep your favorite servers running. Botts not doing this all for free nor is he really Donald Trump in disguise.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't care if a server isn't completely full all day, but it is a huge problem when it empties out because everyone looks at the server with 0 people in it and thinks "I will join when someone else does" and the server never gets filled all day.

This is happening to some of our servers.

you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I really don't think that excluding some maps from a voteserver that you can play equally well on another server would empty out it. And for EU, there are 24 and 32 slot Dustbowl servers. I like both.

NB: Replay would be nice, even nicer as you can much more easily prove cheating, which happens every day, especially on one of the EU Goldrush servers.

Ruelel: *PLONK*

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I really don't think that excluding some maps from a voteserver that you can play equally well on another server would empty out it. And for EU, there are 24 and 32 slot Dustbowl servers. I like both.

NB: Replay would be nice, even nicer as you can much more easily prove cheating, which happens every day, especially on one of the EU Goldrush servers.

Dont plonk me >:C

Bottiger

Administrator
People playing on rotation servers may refuse to play on 24/7 servers so they may need that fix of 2fort once in a while.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Remember... It's a vote server... If enough people vote for a map that's what they want to play.

Also, Nota Bene, Replay causes servers to crash.

God... Can you make any suggestions that aren't going to either piss off our entire community or crash the servers?

D

DeadHerald

I'm always impressed again how many assholes are creeping around in the skial forums, even moderators.

nphunicorn.jpg

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tiny insignificant note... I know it's been rejected but good reason to keep it the way it is, is because some people on the 24/7 servers are significantly more HARDCORE about that map than I would really care to play against the first couple of times I try a map.