AisultanUmar

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
this map is not suited for skial, here's why :

1) multiple traps can be exploited and skipped either before or during its activation, here are a few examples :
on the first trap, demomen with shields and just charge and skip the cave part
on the avalanche trap, once activated you can just strafe jump around the walls created which is a technique used by many players when the trap is activated
with the cabin trap, you can just enter the room below with a gun and shoot out the skeletons, keeping you alive when its activated
the trap with the ice can be jumped over by a scout if they enter the ice and then right quickly jump, making them land on the snow instead of in the pit when the trap is activated
the pipe trap can be strafe jumped around, similarly to the avalanche trap

2) the minigame itself is not only boring, it also has a possibility of being exploited. when the wooden shacks are respawned, theres a chance the skeleton might get trapped there, leaving hale's rocket the only thing left that can kill the player. although not technically an exploit imo, standing in the corners reduces your chances overall when a rocket is being launched since the hitbox is small. standing in the corner is especially powerful when the skeleton himself is trapped in a spawned shack too.

3) this map is UNPOPULAR, barely anyone plays it. not even during a whole month do i often see this map played more than once or twice. i think this part is self-explanatory

4) this isn't really a problem outside of skial BUT, due to skial using Deathrun Neu the scouts can just run and make the round end on average faster than they should be. the only thing keeping it from ending too early is the fact that we have ski lifts but after that, they can still rush through to the end since there are traps along the way they can strafe around

OVERALL, although i dont think its one of the worst maps yet, i still believe its not very good to belong on skial. that's why i suggest we remove it

Last edited:

FaiireN

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
despite the exploits and the underwhelming minigame, i still find this map fun to play, it's really one of the few maps with a unique atmosphere attached to it

Reactions: Sore

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Well according to their gamebanana and steam accounts the creator hasn't been heard from in 5+ years, so that might not be possible.
It doesn't matter. You can still edit wintervalley dr map if the map maker is offline for a long time, it should be safe to edit the dr map without any issues.

@Sudsy Are you planning to edit wintervalley dr maps to fix some exploits and bugs?