kEtamine

Uncharitable Spy
Killastory would make a swell admin. He is not biased or sassy. He doesn't ditch class to continue playing TF2 so you know he be all responbile n' shit. GUUUURrRrRL~
my name is Lucas and I wrote this with my mind.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I saw a couple things on "Sexism". Want to enlighten me a little more about this? Perhaps tell me how you would fix it, if you were in a position of power?

+Dr. Killastory

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
As far as the sexism goes I have been there for both Lady Knight and Megan when it happens. All I can do is defend them verbally and votekick along with my teammates. It got so bad for Lady that I had to go out and talk to certain players about it because of their actions. But as far as being an Admin, if I were to come across a situation of sexism with anyone, I would issue verbal warnings first before taking measures of using the admin power. If comments or threats continue and warnings ignored I would ban them from the server for 30 minutes without question. If things continued to progress backwards I would have to report these people to Skial superiors and ban them for a longer period of time. I would only use my admin for serious offenses like racism or sexism because I know how it turns players off if the banning and kicking goes on too frequently. My job here is to weed out the real offenders from daily nonsense that everyone is ok with.

Reactions: DrRuelel

NoName

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Killastory is quite a really good player with a strong sense of fairness. He's pretty neutral to everyone and doesn't have issues like some players. I really enjoy playing with him and i'm sure most players/regulars do too and that i think would be a great admin.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I spent about three hours on the server you reg on, saw you for a bit. Didn't see you type or hear you use your mic more than a few times.

Banned a micspammer who apparently does it all the time.

Met some really nice people.

Also noticed the server shift from completely full, to three people and bots within half a round not once, not twice, but three times.

Still want to see more of you, and and what you'd do for Skial.

SPYderman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was there with violet for about two hours and if it is true that a micspammer that shows up all the time as violet says and even though he is banned now, why didnt you call in an admin for him in the past or something along those lines?

+Dr. Killastory

I didn't feel there was a need to call in an admin because the players themselves decided his fate. From what I have seen there would always be a vote to mute him but most of the people did not want him muted because they enjoyed his music. Even though I know microphone spamming is against the rules, it would be kind of wasteful to call someone over for that when people were already taking care of it.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I didn't feel there was a need to call in an admin because the players themselves decided his fate. From what I have seen there would always be a vote to mute him but most of the people did not want him muted because they enjoyed his music. Even though I know microphone spamming is against the rules, it would be kind of wasteful to call someone over for that when people were already taking care of it.
You cannot waste an admin's time here on Skial. All of our current admins have too much free time anyways, and their time is wasting itself. Give them something to do, man.

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
simply because it isnt bothering anyone doesnt make it any less against the rules, same thing with racism, burning through gates as a pryo, throwing piss through the gates, etc.
real life example, jaywalking doesnt bother anyone, but does that mean you cant get a ticket for it? nope

+Dr. Killastory

Haha. In that case then I guess I should have made the extra effort of calling someone over to take care of it before. But the situation was that we were to decide what to do since there was no admin present before. Everyone voted so I didn't give it a second thought. Does that seem like the perspective of a regular player? An admin on the other hand definitely handled it well (Lady Violet).

And this kind of shows you guys how the admin time is being used on Dustbowl Chicago. This guy has been spamming mic for a while now but I have never seen an admin take care of it until yesterday. Comes to show that what admins we got isn't on enough to check out what is going on. If I am wrong please let me know. I do not have access to the logs.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
simply because it isnt bothering anyone doesnt make it any less against the rules, same thing with racism, burning through gates as a pryo, throwing piss through the gates, etc.
real life example, jaywalking doesnt bother anyone, but does that mean you cant get a ticket for it? nope
Bothered the guy who's car I dented.

Dr. CHIPPER

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Killa is an all around good guy and very trustworthy. He will no when something is fair and when something isnt. He would make a very good admin in my eyes.

+Dr. Killastory

Just seeing if my application was still being considered since I have now reached over 200+ hours of play time in the Skial servers. Thanks.