• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

crubf

Mildly Menacing Medic
I am generally ok with everything with the OP though I believe it would be for the better that there are seperate threads for specific map discussions. I don't want to go further in-depth because it feels like suggestions seem to be ignored so I feel like a longer post would be an effort in vain.

crubf

Mildly Menacing Medic
eh i guess i might as well elaborate.
I don't think a megathread is necessary and that seperate threads should be used for suggestions. If the problem is that there are 50 suggestions from 7 months ago that are still open and clogging the forum, the issue is that there are 50 suggestions open, not that we need to consolidate discussion. If they're being ignored making a fat megathread will be ignored just as well so there's no point to it.

e: just as well, a megathread to discuss multiple maps over a period of time will become a jumbled mess. If I want to see general discussion of dr_shithole_hallway it would be more convenient for me to look in a thread with that maps name in the title than digging through here and try to find people discussing it, if they even do so.

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
It's easier to ignore one long, unwieldy thread than it is to ignore several simpler ones. Since adding or removing maps is a binary choice with a democratic vote, one thread per map makes more sense. Think of the forum as a sort of task list.

Also consider that one person compiling and moderating a list and ignoring suggestions they don't like is not democratic.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Since adding or removing maps is a binary choice with a democratic vote
You sure about that?
O048X7E.png

Fode

Mildly Menacing Medic
What?? No don't remove office! it's like one of my favorite maps (not because of pit, i never go in it) also i really hope we can get berlin redux
btw +1

Last edited:
Reactions: Jymbles and Sore

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Thanks crubf and matty, i appreciate it, i completely agree.

Scrapping the idea i thought it would be best idea to merge all them to one suggestion, there's a fewer issues that I'm lazy to fix.
People ask why map is on list, they don't like it. After a probably few days, I will have no ability to edit suggestion so it's gonna be stuck on that.
People argue all time why map shouldn't be removed/added.
I'm just gonna believe is like, that bottiger won't even approve this suggestion because those maps are probably unpopular. I miss one of old maps that used to be on skial rotation.

I switched skial to panda deathrun because skial didn't have any actually good dr maps and it's been long months since suggestions never got approved. Bottiger only adds shitpost maps when they are actually popular, but skibidi toilet wasn't actually popular, it got instantly added. I don't blame Lotta and Cream Tea, it's just bottiger's decision to do.

However, i still sometimes play skial or skial dr a little. I play panda deathrun mostly.

Thanks for suggestions and votes and opinions, i appreciate it. but I just believe it that it won't be added. I won't post it on suggestion.

sunstep

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Important information: not every map is removed due to it not being popular. A different reason a map could be removed is incompatibility with Skial, or it having poor optimization (not as in that it causes low player performance, but more like that it causes crashing). An example of this is dr_nighttown. The map was first added to Skial, but soon after it got removed because of it crashing the server due to bad optimization. People requested multiple times for it to be added back, and it also had a lot of upvotes each time it was requested, and yet it kept being declined. Nighttown never got added until I fixed the map and optimized it. So, keep in mind, if a map gets randomly removed, don't immediately assume it's due to popularity. It could be issues with the map that are specific to Skial. In such cases, try to come up with a solution, so the map can be added back. I used to provide a lot of quality of life updates to certain maps on other community servers, and I've also done it with Skial (Nighttown and Lazytown). But I don't have as much time for it now as before.

Another important note is that in such cases (described above), votes absolutely don't matter, and will not make a difference to getting the map added back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real banan and Sore

Real banan

Mildly Menacing Medic
Aconian: Mid (Good motivator)
Psykopat: Fun
Iceworld: Hell ye, nice boss
Spinner: I enjoy it
Cocainum: No (But remaked version would be ok)
Meme Factory idc
Blocks: Never played
Hellfire: Never played
Retroland: Gets boring after like 20 min
Winterhill: Boring af

Dr Depressed

Mildly Menacing Medic
READ THIS FIRST
If you are a not deathrun player, don't discuss.
Since there's too many dr suggestion coming up, i think we can just merge all them to one suggestion, but this is a discussion, please discuss about dr maps if you think this is a good idea to add, I will edit it if you want change something.
I will post it on suggestion, when we're done discussing it. it's flooding the latest post and many them wonder why there's dr suggestions on latest posts, they're mainly non-dr players

(the real reason is that skial map pool is low and people suggest new dr maps, but it won't be added because it's not popular)

It is unnecessary to say "bottiger won't add dr maps because it's not popular" Which can be likely true, but come on don't.

All lists are based in my opinion, I wanted to make skial deathrun fun.

Add Returning deathrun maps:
(They used to be on skial's map pool, but not anymore. Please discuss if you don't want a map to be back on skial's rotation and map pool.)
  • dr_steamworks_extreme (There is new latest updated version, you should know)
  • dr_minefarm (Since minecraft land is gone, maybe we can get this map back)
  • dr_lostzones (Why this was removed? It's a good map.)
  • dr_minigames (I like this map, it's just tf2ware map, no traps.)
  • dr_technoir_impossible_v6 (Good map, mainly same neonoir but i don't know why it was removed)
  • dr_supermario64 (I like this dr map, i played it on panda deathrun and it's not even that broken. There's a stripper config.)
  • dr_la_meltdown (Good map, deserves it to be added back.)
  • dr_berlin_redux (Looks cool, but bottiger declines it all time when a suggestion about berlin pop up, i've been playing on panda, no problems so far, but why skial does have it?)
  • dr_priate_adventure_v3 (Looks cool, it's a new updated map, but you can edit this map for more endings or wait mapper to add the endings, he plans it do.)
  • dr_baby_priate_adventure (Good map)
  • dr_bearun (Hard map, but add it back its sometimes popular)
  • dr_psykopat
  • dr_aconian_ctfix2 (Cream Tea Fix)
  • dr_outrun (However, i don't like this map but we can give it a try)
New maps:
(New maps, they will probably be added, i'm just putting here that is apparently new map.)
  • dr_cyber_tower (It's just copy a of neonoir, but i don't care.)
  • dr_simulacrum (Same as cyber_tower, but more hard.)
  • dr_waterworks (Not waterrun, it's a ok dr map nothing that serious at all.)
  • dr_madfacility (Good dr map, nothing more.)
  • dr_facility (New dr map, just a ok dr map.)
  • dr_eugenics_v2 (There's a suggestion that has upvotes, but the new is low)
  • dr_newgrounds_hq (I don't know, but it's a good dr map maybe add it?)
  • dr_winterhill
Mixed Deathrun maps, whatever if it's good or bad.
  • dr_tim_allen (Good map, it's not that boring dr map, it's fun.)
  • dr_chipper (Mixed, but i don't know if people like this, it's just a mainly ok dr map.)
  • dr_sonic_exe (Okay dr map, i mean it's big map and overall it's ok.)
  • dr_corpsypas (Mainly deathrun and surf mixed map, overall hard map but good.)
  • dr_iceworld
  • dr_spinner
  • dr_block_v9
Remove DR maps
  • dr_skibidi_toilet (People didn't want to be on skial's map pool, thus means people rtv it instantly, when rtv cooldown is over.
  • dr_gayrun (+35 upvotes it's clear enough to remove it. However, it's a popular dr map and it won't be removed.)
  • dr_office_skial (People go on pit all time, and it's popular and the map can be boring.)
i agree with you %100 rn especially in returning these removed maps.

Dr Depressed

Mildly Menacing Medic
dr outrun is actually the easiest version of dr neonoir and technoir and its motivator is the fastest motivator i have ever seen. hey its better than the other slow motivators in other maps thats nearly useless.however there are some parts of this map thats impossible to reach with stock heavy (heavy with no gru) i swear there are some jumps that many pro stock heavies never made it because they are impossible. which requires the stock heavies to use the eviction notice.

Fumlarn

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Okay, some people suggested maps in skial deathrun US, here's a list of that people suggested, discuss them if you think this can be on the list.
  • Aconian Ctfix2
  • Psykopat
  • Iceworld
  • Spinner
  • Cocainum xmas
  • MemeFacility
  • Blocks
  • Hellfire
  • Retroland
  • Winterhill
we literally do not need another cocainum ____ map

Reactions: Sore

Dr Depressed

Mildly Menacing Medic
Meme Factory idc
i agree.and btw dr blocks is so bad and boring very boring.aconain is so cozy and has a horror atmosphere and its so quiet and cozy.ice world is okay but sometimes get boring tbh.but its boss is fun yes.psykopat is cool and has a yume nikki and afraid of monsters atmosphere.

Reactions: Real banan and Sore

Dr Depressed

Mildly Menacing Medic
Meme Factory idc
oh and also yes aconain motivator is good and the funniest and at the same time wierd and creepy like his look is horrific and his kinda like a nightmarefuel and when i first played on this map.i heard a music behind me and when i turned around i got jumpscared so hard.

Real banan

Mildly Menacing Medic
jo a taky ano aconain motivátor je dobrý a nejzábavnější a zároveň divný a strašidelný jako jeho pohled je strašný a jeho trochu jako noční můra a když jsem poprvé hrál na této mapě. Slyšel jsem za sebou hudbu a když jsem se otočil strašně jsem se vyděsil.
Me too