Wind The Fool

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Look I get it's "not allowed" and it's "not intended for hale to combat REDs out of minigames" but let me speak for a moment.
In the most recent update to the ancient memes map it states as follows:
"[Addition] A sound is made if a Demoman goes down into hale's side"

Instead of removing the trimp it's been catered to by adding a noise for when someone gets in!
The creator knows that the trimp exists but has yet to remove it when he updated the map.

In other maps such as dr_office_skial_final there is a secret to get in the hale room and we've yet to remove it. So why not allow for demomen to access hale room? If it was an exploit that the map creator didn't want, he would've already removed it in this update.

AgentApple50

+1

The trimp made the map much more enjoyable, unique, and allowed funny shenanigans to happen. It is also one of the few things in Deathrun that takes skill to do. The hale is given a sound notification when someone enters their area, so the hale doesn't need to be constantly checking for intruders. It should also be noted that the Demomen cannot shoot the buttons from a distance with a hitscan weapon, so if someone plans on wasting the buttons, they will need to get close to hit it with a grenade or with their melee. 90% of the time, the hale ends up letting them choose buttons to press themselves and assist in killing the red team, just like in office.

Edit: I should also mention that I don't recall hearing a single complaint from someone about entering hale's area.

Reactions: worMatty

Maulfik

Contributor
literally the only reason that makes the map enjoyable for me, seeing demos flying is a sight to behold. and then getting fisted by hale shortly after. i dont see a downside to this other than making the map more bland without it

Sakiko

Contributor
This was a mistake on CT side and placed a brush that was not active on skial and upon contacting him bottiger was told how to fix this mistake on the current version.

You can still kill hale from spawn or shoot at him from the pyramid so that removes the argument about killing him.

The issues was hale being able to be bounced out of his play area and run in the red zone and kill players - not everyone enjoys this exploit on the map this is Death run not VSH, also what is the point of letting everyone that can exploit a bad brush by a mapper to trigger traps on their own team kind of defeats the point of "Death Run" as most people rather play hale and kill players not deal with people entering his play area and killing him trying to play the game mode as intended.

If you find it boring then the map will get removed from the play cycle eventually by not being voted as much.

Reactions: worMatty

AgentApple50

The brush is not active in the beginning and is instead activated in the event that the fight minigame is chosen, to prevent Demomen from getting into the area and becoming free from any harm. This is intentional.

If you're worried about Hales escaping their side, it is possible to make the brush only be solid to the blue team.