mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When they connect their name just changes to "[SCAMMER] Evil Scammer's Name" but I know you can set the SR plugin to prevent tagged scammers from connecting. I don't know why they're even allowed to join our trade servers... even though they have the [SCAMMER] tag in their name.

I bring this up because on Trade NY some kid almost spycrabbed with a guy who has [SCAMMER] in his name... the kid clearly doesn't know it's from the SR plugin and may not even know about SR. My guess is that the guy is tagged for not paying on spycrab losses.

He is also trying to sell a strange revolver. Trading with tagged scammers is against SR rules and can get you tagged yourself. Why even give them the chance to trade, profit, or scam again?

I just don't understand why they are allowed to connect and trade. It can't be to populate and bring in quickplay traffic since the maps are custom. Maybe there is some logical reason that I don't see atm but they can be perma-banned as soon as they connect for all I care and make an appeal if they ever get their tag removed.

Reactions: sov

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
As far as I know, Bottiger is pretty stubborn when it comes to deploying new (and unchecked) plugins to the servers...
You change the value in the steam rep plugin from 1 to 2 it's built into the plugin to either mark people who join the server as a scammer, ban the scammer from the server or do nothing. Those are the three options that come with the plugin. And it's currently set to to put scammer in their name.

The plugin is already on the server so there is nothing new to implement

Astir

Legendary Skial King
If it doesn't require a new plug in (with test run and possible crashes),

then good idea +1

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 Old habits die hard. It'd look bad for skial's image if the same scammer managed to pull another rip-off with the SR tag on them after already being tagged prior. It could also draw in future wannabe-scammers if they knew they could still pull scams off even after they were tagged.