mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When they connect their name just changes to "[SCAMMER] Evil Scammer's Name" but I know you can set the SR plugin to prevent tagged scammers from connecting. I don't know why they're even allowed to join our trade servers... even though they have the [SCAMMER] tag in their name.

I bring this up because on Trade NY some kid almost spycrabbed with a guy who has [SCAMMER] in his name... the kid clearly doesn't know it's from the SR plugin and may not even know about SR. My guess is that the guy is tagged for not paying on spycrab losses.

He is also trying to sell a strange revolver. Trading with tagged scammers is against SR rules and can get you tagged yourself. Why even give them the chance to trade, profit, or scam again?

I just don't understand why they are allowed to connect and trade. It can't be to populate and bring in quickplay traffic since the maps are custom. Maybe there is some logical reason that I don't see atm but they can be perma-banned as soon as they connect for all I care and make an appeal if they ever get their tag removed.

Reactions: sov

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
mittens, I used to think the same way, but...well, I think Faron answered it best.

http://www.skial.com/threads/scammer-atomiclegs-scamming.36485/

While it's true it's against the rules, these Scammers hardly have any good shit worth buying. While knowing about SR, and what a Scammer is, can get you tagged, if you don't know what SR, Scammer, or even what the 'system' is, you can not get tagged for doing it, regardless of what the rules say, because you're honestly, innocent due to having no knowledge.

But wait, let's teach everyone about this and why trading with scammers is bad! Derp.

It doesn't work that way, there's no simple solution to get the knowledge across...and I'm starting to come across traders more often than not, who trade either metals and weapons, or bills and buds, with users, who either have tags, or have questionable accounts that may be getting a tag somewhere along the road. I'm not about to waste my time trying to talk sense into idiots...who to be honest, probably deserve to have their shit stolen, for being stupid. If a trader wants to protect themselves from all the negative facts about trading, they need to find that information themselves.
~~~

TL : DR the answer as to why they're allowed on there, and will continue to do so, can be found in the link I posted above.

As my opinion on it? Let them join, skial gets the revenue, and they are the first on the boot list if the server becomes full.

Reactions: Toxik

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
I bring this up because on Trade NY some kid almost spycrabbed with a guy who has [SCAMMER] in his name... the kid clearly doesn't know it's from the SR plugin and may not even know about SR. My guess is that the guy is tagged for not paying on spycrab losses.
You don't need to know about SR to know what a scammer is and be weary of someone with [SCAMMER] in front of their name in caps and bright red.
As my opinion on it? Let them join, skial gets the revenue, and they are the first on the boot list if the server becomes full.
This was decided before the trade servers were almost always full. As of now I think it would be better to prevent them from getting on at all.

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
Yeah I'd prefer not seeding a server to hosting an environment for scammers.
If the servers can stay packed without them, and keep the trading derps happy and insane, then fine by me, ban them.

Reactions: sov

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The one issue I have with SR scammer tags is they are for life unless appealed and evidence of innocence is proven. You steal from your local shop get 6 months jail time and you get out, you're no longer branded as a criminal, you have paid your dues. I don't see the same happening with a 10 year old kid who has scammed a strange sniper rifle.