Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Prisoners are supposed to start off without weapons. Without any incredibly easy ways to kill the guards without entering the armory first. That's why backstabs were disabled, right? That's why ubers were all changed to quick-fix.
Please make taunt kills stop working, and remove the holiday punch, or at least find a way to disable crits on the latter.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I still don't think taunt-killing is such a huge issue that it warrants a removal. If a prisoner wants to taunt-kill me as a guard I can usually tell since 9 times out of 10 they try to a.) get out of my first-person view, b.) line up their aim with me, and c.) get within melee range. Any prisoner who manages to taunt-kill a guard deserves the kill just as much as a prisoner who overwhelms a guard with melee.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Also, if a guard dies, it appears he drops ammo, so a sniper could lure say a scout then kill him with melee, then get ammo for the huntsman then sneak up and start taunt killing.

Shouldn't taunt killing be disabled all-together.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also, if a guard dies, it appears he drops ammo, so a sniper could lure say a scout then kill him with melee, then get ammo for the huntsman then sneak up and start taunt killing.

Shouldn't taunt killing be disabled all-together.
Wasn't taunt killing previously disabled? I remember a while back people trying to kill me with the quickdraw taunt, and nothing happened.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How about all of them, prisoners are not supposed to be able to insta-kill.
Well, IRL if a guard came into a cell with no backup, and the prisoners jumped him, he'd die pretty fast.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Yes, but saying the guard is baiting isn't allowed i think.
Baiting is allowed, each team can go close to the other as long as they don't hit or use anything on them.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You know, I may as well +1 this after thinking about it.

What if RL prisons worked like this? Find a big, russian man. Get him to point his fingers like a gun at a guard through the cells and say POW! There you go, the guard suffers a lethal wound to the midsection and dies instantly. The other guards run over to look at his injuries, but find no source of what killed him. Do this a few more times, and voila! No more guards.

SUCH LOGIC!

2emmref.jpg

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Baiting is allowed, each team can go close to the other as long as they don't hit or use anything on them.
Huh, last time I looked at JB rules, baiting wasn't allowed. Better go look at it again before trying to play JB again, but yeah, who knows if I will, last time I attempted to play it, some guy said freekill all heavies and he never got banned.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Some things really should change. Also I'm running out of keys for my binds with what can, what cannot. Maybe still look for how we can prevent people for using the exploit. Because jarate on a guard thrown by a prisoner after using the exploit makes the guards die faster than tauntkill..

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Some things really should change. Also I'm running out of keys for my binds with what can, what cannot. Maybe still look for how we can prevent people for using the exploit. Because jarate on a guard thrown by a prisoner after using the exploit makes the guards die faster than tauntkill..

Kick whoever does it, and then ban. Griefing (In this case, spawning with items you shouldn't) is against server rules, whether it's on custom or regular.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Kick whoever does it, and then ban. Griefing (In this case, spawning with items you shouldn't) is against server rules, whether it's on custom or regular.
It's not really griefing, more like exploiting, which is against all servers' rules.