Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Prisoners are supposed to start off without weapons. Without any incredibly easy ways to kill the guards without entering the armory first. That's why backstabs were disabled, right? That's why ubers were all changed to quick-fix.
Please make taunt kills stop working, and remove the holiday punch, or at least find a way to disable crits on the latter.

DaJaKoe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I love using the heavy's taunt to kill wardens. I also manage to get the occasional annoying kid in range as well.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have prisoners attempt taunt-kills on me all the time and from the cheapest places but at the same time dodging most taunts takes about a second provided you aren't physically stuck. I've never had an issue with avoiding taunt-kills before and I've never heard anyone complain about it, server or forums, until this thread so it can't be that big of an issue.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Personally, I think the Holiday Punch taunt is fair, as is the Atomizer's. There's enough time to get away or just shoot 'em. However, the Ubersaw, Huntsman, Gunslinger, and Equalizer are very unfair in my opinion, as the former three hold you in place, so there's no way to escape, and the latter has a fairly large blast radius.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Remove taunt kills, +1 +1 +1 +1.
It's a headache for any Warden who has to type. The holiday punch can be annoying if used, but I think it should remain.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Remove taunt kills, +1 +1 +1 +1.
It's a headache for any Warden who has to type. The holiday punch can be annoying if used, but I think it should remain.
The whole point of jailbreak isn't to follow orders 100% of the time. It's called "Jailbreak". Unless you take something away from the guards, why are we removing something the prisoners can use? You guys just want it to be impossible for them to rebel and it is already almost impossible.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
be impossible for them to rebel and it is already almost impossible.
500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

ITT: People who don't play jailbreak giving opinions on how Jailbreak should be run

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

ITT: People who don't play jailbreak giving opinions on how Jailbreak should be run
I've played jailbreak just not on a daily basis because it's annoying to be consistently free killed and it's full of whiny people

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've played jailbreak just not on a daily basis because it's annoying to be consistently free killed and it's full of whiny people

I play jail break atleast 3 hours a day and I've only seen you fucking once, 2 months ago. The game/rules have changed a lot since then.

Also: +1. it's annoying when I kill people that do this/try to and then I get slayed/kicked/reported for "free killing"

Also it is just BS in general, make a guard completely immobile and then 1 hit killing him.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
it's annoying when I kill people that do this/try to and then I get slayed/kicked/reported for "free killing".
Sweetie, I kickwarn people that start a vote for "freekilling" after they failed tauntkilling a guard/warden. If they do, report them in for "vote-abuse". I know some people always type 2x freekilling before voting so people would say yes, even though it was a justified kill but only the guard and the prisoner involved will know. They yell "freekill" so often. Even when the Warden says "go to fall game" and someone goes into a cell, the guard is standing there for like 20 seconds (long enough to go to fall game). Prisoner still isn't going, guard starts shooting, suddenly the prisoner tries to go to fall game but gets killed and yells "freekill". It's an example from yesterday but there are so many like this. When I'm online and you want to play there, tell me, I'll be your guardian angel watching over you. ;P x

Also, warning on the server or kickwarn them isn't the same. They get back at the bottom of the queue list for warden. So it's kindoff a punnishment for them missbehaving. ^^

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
We're talking about implementations that don't require admins to be on. If admins were on 24/7 then we wouldn't have any problems to begin with.

--

The whole purpose of Jailbreak is for Reds to be stripped of their weapons. They're prisoners, they should not be able to taunt kill. The holiday punch should stay, because if a blu guard dies from that, it's his fault.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We're talking about implementations that don't require admins to be on. If admins were on 24/7 then we wouldn't have any problems to begin with.

--

The whole purpose of Jailbreak is for Reds to be stripped of their weapons. They're prisoners, they should not be able to taunt kill. The holiday punch should stay, because if a blu guard dies from that, it's his fault.
Backstabs were disabled because it made ambushing a guard even just passing a corner way too easy. The duration of a laugh taunt is enough to guarantee a guard's death if the prisoners don't sit idly while the guard laughs.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor

--

I'm on that server for long time, not many tauntkills actually are succesfull..

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1, a user who goes heavy while they had an LR of having a freeday the next day could easily get behind the warden and taunt kill him.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
+1, a user who goes heavy while they had an LR of having a freeday the next day could easily get behind the warden and taunt kill him.
I just saw this happening.
It's still something that a prisoner should not have access to, for the same reason that backstabs were removed.
True though. Maybe ranged tauntingkills removed not the close ones?