Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Prisoners are supposed to start off without weapons. Without any incredibly easy ways to kill the guards without entering the armory first. That's why backstabs were disabled, right? That's why ubers were all changed to quick-fix.
Please make taunt kills stop working, and remove the holiday punch, or at least find a way to disable crits on the latter.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Just stay alert, but if you trick yourself in getting taunt killed it is your own fault.

The holiday punch is the reason I go heavy on JB.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it really that easy to taunt kill someone?

In my opinion it isn't. The only way a guard can be taunt killed is when they're in melee range. Guards usually aren't stupid enough to get close enough to be hit by melee let alone a taunt kill so unless they're standing still and are completely oblivious to those around them taunt killing is pretty hard in jailbreak.

Heavies can get a easier time taunt killing in certain circumstances but overall taunt killing is really hard to pull off.

Buuut I can see where Dave is coming from. Being able to instantly kill someone, even if its hard to pull off doesn't seem suitable for Jailbreak.

Personally I don't think it's enough of a problem to merit removal but that's just my opinion.

In regards to the holiday punch I'll agree it can be OP in Jailbreak against a guard. One punch and a guard can be killed or swarmed quite easily if they're hit in the back. (Something that can also be easily avoided when paying attention, but most people don't do that so they suffer the consequences)

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is it really that easy to taunt kill someone?
With the amount of corners on every map to hide behind, and the general quickness of the taunt, any typing warden may as well be dead.

The heavy kill taunt is long-ranged and quick to fire. Not too loud until after the point where a warden could potentially be dead. That's like having a huntsman by default as a prisoner. Why would you let a prisoner have a huntsman?

Plus, this:
Rocket Jumper+Equalizer/Escape Plan kills guards so easily. Just taunt kill them all

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Didn't think about the equializer + rocket jumper taunt. That in my opinion should be removed, or disable the equalizer taunt or something.

Other then that I think the other taunts are fine

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If a guard spaces out enough to get taunt-killed then they probably weren't gonna last long regardless but I think the equalizer taunt should be removed or nerfed due to its insane attack range. Also corner taunts can be avoided if you check the corners before running through.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Seeing as how there is freekilling in almost every round, the prisoners need everything they can get.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Tauntkilling isn't that easy plus if you get caught doing so or atleast tried to tauntkill then guards can kill you. It's the same as hitting a guard or trying to hit one.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"Warden said AFK in cells, so I'll just stroll past this one to check and- Nope. No, heavy's got me. I'm dead. Couldn't have seen it coming."
Plenty of wardens without mics, required to type, blah blah. At least without taunt kills, there's time for the guards to react and save the warden.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Tauntkilling makes that your character has to get into possition and everyone knows when you are trying to tauntkill (facing Guard/Warden). It's not easy to kill with taunting if Guards/Warden pay attention. But if Guards do not help the Warden because they wander off then it's the Guards their fault for failing.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No matter how much attention you pay, there's no noticing a heavy around the corner prepping his taunt kill before he shouts POW. Often times there are too many heavies to assign a guard each. It's a broken mechanic in this game mode no matter how you look at it.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Don't stand still near heavies and if you see when taunting to kill someone, kill him. If you run around and don't get to close to heavies, you should be fine. The only time I got tauntkilled was when I was kicking a freekiller. -.-"

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Don't stand still near heavies and if you see when taunting to kill someone, kill him. If you run around and don't get to close to heavies, you should be fine. The only time I got tauntkilled was when I was kicking a freekiller. -.-"
The problem with them being around corners is that you can't see them. That's the only way of detecting that kill taunt, by seeing it coming.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Get rid of Heavy class, problem solved.

In all seriousness, if you're going to type you should do it in a safe place, not in front of every single prisoner. And I've seen the Equalizer work in only one location, the BLU area in the fall game. It isn't that effective.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Here's the average prisoner heavy:
"In a cell with no one watching? Taunt!"
"They told me to go to disco? Hide behind a wall of teammates, and taunt!"
"Fall game? Hide and taunt in control room repeatedly!"
"Guard went back to the armory for ammo? Taunt at the gate!"
"One guard left? Backstab!"

Rebellion should NOT be this easy.