Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why should golden frying pans be allowed while the others aren't? That's unfair and makes no sense, and is entirely counterproductive to the reasoning behind why pans are banned on the trade servers and why they should be banned on deathrun.
Think about it.

If we just ban the pan, people will get upset and want to spam.

So they take parents credit cards, buy a golden pan to spam.'

Then we ban, and offer refunds to the parents at a 60% fee. Its the perfect way for Skial to make cash. Its the perfect way to fix the economy in tf2 and outside tf2.

:dolan:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Because the Golden Frying pan is like the saxxy, it's a show off item really. And it's not like you're going to have a group of people with GOLD frying pans on a Deathrun server. but if you insist it can be banned too but not sure if GFP owners would be happy with that.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
hmm… we could just give the pan a huge fire-rate penalty. somewhere along the lines of 900% should be enough that a Scout (who swings his stock melee .3 seconds faster than the other classes) would have to wait 5 seconds before making an additional swing.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Because the Golden Frying pan is like the saxxy, it's a show off item really. And it's not like you're going to have a group of people with GOLD frying pans on a Deathrun server. but if you insist it can be banned too but not sure if GFP owners would be happy with that.

That doesn't justify anything.

You don't need a group of someone with frying pans to be annoying. All you need is one guy holding down mouse 1 with a frying pan to be the most annoying person in the entire server and being able to afford more expensive pixel items shouldn't instantly allow them bypass the entire reason as to why the item is banned in the first place solely on the basis of "look at me, I have a rare item! *whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack*"

Sakiko

Contributor
I have seen this a few times on DR where you get 2-3 that just pan constantly to the point users try to vote slay them or other.

Would defo need to givie the pan something that harms the swingers like take away health so 5 swings your dead like the midus touch as suggested earlier.

only map this would be a problem is undertale that has the hp pickup they could spam it there.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
cant the sound be changed server side.?

Probably can but that might require a download to do and Bottiger likes to avoid those.

Greatly increasing the time between attacks on the pan could work tho as others have suggested

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Well as far as I'm concerned regarding the Golden Pan, is everyone really going to spend over $1000 just to bypass the pan ban? I think not.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well as far as I'm concerned regarding the Golden Pan, is everyone really going to spend over $1000 just to bypass the pan ban? I think not.

It's the same exact thing as the regular frying pan, just reskinned so it too should be banned/altered just like the regular pans. Adding in a second item code for the server to ban isn't a painful time consuming process.