BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
In game, it reads "Advertising hacks is considered spam which is not allowed"

According to the updated punishments list by KillerZebra, advertising hacks carries the same punishment as hacking; it even shares the same bulletin.
Hacking / advertising hacks

Therefore, I think it should read
  • "Advertising hacks is a permanent offense"
  • "Advertising hacks is considered hacking"
  • "Advertising hacks is not allowed"
  • "Advertising hacks is a permanent ban"
or something similar that presents it as a
major offense
rather than a
minor offense

Reactions: RMSniper

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I think it gets the point accross that it isn't allowed

There is no doubt that it does. The suggestion is to clarify how severe it is and what punishment you will be expected to receive for doing it since it is it's own class of offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas4647

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I agree with this suggestion, change it to something that makes it obvious that we handle it equal to hacking itself please.

Reactions: lucas4647

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
-1 It is fair to say that advertising hacks is spam and should be treated as such, the severity and intention behind the spam should be reflected in the action taken by an admin.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
My point is that it's illogical for the rules and that PSA to contradict each other. I realize that punishments may vary based on the severity of the offense, but in the interest of communicating the actual application of punishments to offenses, it should be stated that advertising hacks is punished like hacking. If you disagree, then logically, you must be in favor of KillerZebra's list being changed.

You say
advertising hacks is spam and should be treated as such
However, that list says
The following major offenses will still result in a permanent punishment.
  • Hacking / advertising hacks
  • Posting illegal information/sprays
  • Posting personal information without consent
  • Scamming
Everything else will be considered a "minor offense" and will have a maximum of a one month punishment.

Again, the punishment can vary based on the offense, but spam is not on that list. It just doesn't present a clear message to players. My point is not that the system doesn't work; it's that it's confusing.

In fact, the Rules were updated this Wednesday, after this thread was created; see for yourself how it's presented:
Rules
These actions may result in bans, silences, or other punishments.
  • Spamming
    • Reporting people that aren't breaking the rules.
    • Calling random votes, even on yourself.
  • Hacking or advertising hacks.
I think it's pretty clear that advertising hacks isn't just spamming.

Last edited: