Best?

• Total voters

CrazedManiac

Mildly Menacing Medic
Chrome
+ Fast
+ Google Apps
+ Never crashes

Firefox isn't that bad, either, although it runs slower than Chrome for me.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I remember when everyone gave AOL a hard time. the irony is that without AOL, Firefox wouldn't have been made since the Mozilla Foundation wouldn't have gotten off the ground without AOL's donations

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
netsetup.gif

Reactions: Chance

GenocYda

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I used Firefox for a long time, but eventually switched to Chrome.

I won't consider IE until it has easy to install adblock, I'm a cheapskate and I just can't stand invasive youtube ads.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I won't consider IE until it has easy to install adblock, I'm a cheapskate and I just can't stand invasive youtube ads.

It does have an easy to install adblock.

And how does having an adblock make you a cheapskate? You are not spending anything if you have one or not.

GenocYda

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It does have an easy to install adblock.

And how does having an adblock make you a cheapskate? You are not spending anything if you have one or not.
Guess I haven't checked in a long time, guess Adblock added compability, yet the fact that you need to use exe files in order to install it, makes it look like it has poor implementation methods, though other browsers can have the same issues. There are also some other reasons why I won't use explorer, but I think I can now try to install adblock to paren't computer, that's nice.

And about cheapskate, guess I used invalid term, my point is that I don't support the site that is already free by having ads on. It's not like I care that much, since I can live with banners or banners that can be PROPETLY hidden, unlike those "Hide" options, where it still shows you some kind of arrow to bring it back. I also can't stand having to see advertisement under any circumstances. But that's my opinion, I understand that the fact that most of the people don't use adblocks makes us able to use them.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
I like Firefox. It's has a good selection of addons, it's very stable, and starting with version 29, Firefox Sync is very easy to use. Firefox also offers extended service releases if I need something even more solid. I also use Firefox on my Android tablet. Firefox is also a little easier to build from source compared to Chromium.

In a text only session, I like to use Links. Links is also lightning fast in graphical mode, but is seriously lacking features.

Anyone using Google Chrome should give Chromium a try instead. It's the open source version of Chrome. No Google spyware.

Last edited:

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I like Waterfox & Firefox. On Unix systems I use Chromium.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Chromium because of that fucking Pepper Flash plugin for Ubuntu is an absolute necessity.

I wish fucking Flash would fucking die already. It's a major burden for everybody.

It's that and the fact that Chromium starts up faster, is generally faster, and has more mouse gestures than Firefox on Ubuntu.