EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
Get real, Fx has never looked better.
i don't like the new look of it..
Get real, people have different opinions and tastes

Plus the new window design make it look like theres always another window below firefox, i don't know if it's windows 7 or a bad design choice

Reactions: Dave the Manly

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If you hate the new FF update, try waterfox.

+64-bit
+Almost identical to firefox
+Doesn't look like chrome
+Compatible with everything
+Imports everything from FF on install
-Isn't firefox

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy

+64-bit
-Isn't firefox
You can always make your own 64 bit build from Firefox source code. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should try a x32 Linux build of Firefox. x32 is a application binary interface that uses the full set of registers and full set of system memory of x86-64 while still using 32 bit pointers.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
You can always make your own 64 bit build from Firefox source code. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should try a x32 Linux build of Firefox. x32 is a application binary interface that uses the full set of registers and full set of system memory of x86-64 while still using 32 bit pointers.
What's the advantage of that?

sov

Legendary Skial King
I am trying out firefox (still using chrome also).

Also what add-ons should i download. i downloaded most of what the OP did.

I heard there is water fox with is 64bit version of firefox called waterfox

I hated the firefox scrolling so I found an add-on to smooth it out close to chrome's and others that i like

Last edited:

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Firefox
Addons: NoScript, AdBlockPlus, and DoNotTrackMe

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

Consider that if you're paranoid over the internet. I tried it out on Chromium and honestly, it fucks up my social networking sites like Google + and Youtube and Disqus. It's bittersweet, really. Just use an online alias and let whatever track your useless information. Avoid Android like the plague and in general, smartphones, unless it's an Ubuntu Phone.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

Consider that if you're paranoid over the internet. I tried it out on Chromium and honestly, it fucks up my social networking sites like Google + and Youtube and Disqus. It's bittersweet, really. Just use an online alias and let whatever track your useless information. Avoid Android like the plague and in general, smartphones, unless it's an Ubuntu Phone.
When I truly want to be anonymous, or require that level of protection, I will find a coffee shop somewhere outside of where I live, connect to its wifi via Kali Linux system that has no personal identifiable information and a spoofed MAC address. Then I will connect to a trusted VPN and conduct my activities through a combination of proxies and TOR. Of course that is only when the task at hand requires that level of obfuscation.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King

+64-bit
-Isn't firefox
I was about ready to switch to a new browser because of the new look of Firefox, but now I don't have too. Thanks!