Best pistol for Spy

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Dutch, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Dutch

Dutch Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

I plan on getting into spy as I have mained sniper for so long. Figure why not give it a try. I just have no idea which one would be statistically best and works well. I would use the Ambassador but ever since they nerfed it some time ago I haven't used it since then. So which pistol for the spy is best for all situations?

2. Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe Wicked Nasty Engineer Contributor Mapper

Steam:

Following along with the meta, the stock revolver is best for all situations

Ambassador is good if you're close range and can headset without a scope. It will never be as good as it was though.

Diamondback is good if other team are idiots that allow you to easily rack up backstabs and saps

L'Etranger is good if you prefer the stealthier side

Enforcer...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

tbh I think stock revolver is extremely underrated

It can also do absolutely disgusting amounts of damage to buildings at a distance, something not many spies seem to know. I can often revolver down a level 3 sentry some distance away and often destroy it before the engineer can get back to it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. defse

defse Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

Steam:

Depends on what kind of spy you are. If you are that stealthy boi who hits backstabs go with l'entranger

If you hit many many many backstabs go with diamond back

Finnaly if you a have a good aim go with ambarassor (by the way it's very different from the sniper and the hitboxes post jungle inferno are broken)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dutch

Steam:

Thanks everyone who responded. I was told before to use the stock but its been awhile since I played Spy and was unsure what they nerfed/buffed. I'll probably go with the stock revolver but get a killstreak one or a pro ks one. I'm sure they're crazy expensive though. I play everyday all month long during October cause of the Halloween maps and I want to have some nice stuff to play with

6. Jermaphobe

Steam:

I got a Strange Spec KS and I'm worth less than dirt

7. Cream Tea

Cream Tea Legendary Skial King Legendary Mapper

Steam:

Stock tbh, ambassador got nerfed.

8. Dutch

Steam:

Bet you will sell that to me full price tho. Spec KS are poop to resell

9. Jermaphobe

Steam:

I no longer take part in trading

10. Dutch

Steam:

rip.

11. Renegade

Renegade Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

The stock weapons will ALWAYS be a good choice. For any class. Ambassador was good but apparently they nerfed the hell out of it so probably not anymore. Might as well stick with the stock and get really good with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. temeeeez

temeeeez Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Objectively, the Diamondback is probably the best revolver. You get free, guaranteed crits for just playing Spy.

• Old Old x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice